Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitSTRENGTH SHOP Hyperextension Bench

STRENGTH SHOP Hyperextension Bench

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

SCO_Jordan
I sent them a message asking if the bench was on a 45 degree incline. I know there is a few people on here from the site but they told me they didnt know. I thought it would be great for 45 Degree back raises. Does anyone have one and can tell me if it is 45 degrees or not. Its quite hard to tell from the picture.
Post Edited: 06.01.2012 @ 14:24 PM by youngy
It looks quite obviously 45 degrees, or there abouts from the picture.

If it is this one you mean? :www.strengthshop.co.uk/hyperextension-bench.html

Althought it appears to be out of stock at the minute.
SCO_Jordan said:I sent them a message asking if the bench was on a 45 degree incline. I know there is a few people on here from the site but they told me they didnt know. I thought it would be great for 45 Degree back raises. Does anyone have one and can tell me if it is 45 degrees or not. Its quite hard to tell from the picture.

We've got one in the warehouse, don't know how we'd measure the exact angle though! As Youngy says, and as we said, you can see from the photo the angle. If you want to know the precise angle, we can try and find out.
hoponbaby
Yeah some precision measuring would be good Buzz :-)
That's between 45 and 50 degrees imo : )
Get your protractor out Buzz! Would hate to end up doing a 43 degree back raise Grin
Gra_Bul said:That's between 45 and 50 degrees imo : )

I would say this was accurate. I have built one up, the small leg runs off of the main at 90 degrees but its secured by a locking pin. By the time user weight is applied it is probably a slightly bigger angle than 45.

However, I don't see the significance of wether its a a 48 degree opposed to 45 :s
ben66 said:Get your protractor out Buzz! Would hate to end up doing a 43 degree back raise Grin

Happy

Couple of degrees could be the difference between pulling 300 and 400, or looking good/bad on the beach!
SCO_Jordan
sorry if this caused any hastle guys. I just didnt want to spend £90 on a 45 deg back raise and it was a 55-60 degree one.
SCO_Jordan said:sorry if this caused any hastle guys. I just didnt want to spend £90 on a 45 deg back raise and it was a 55-60 degree one.

What difference does it really make?

£90 isn't a lot of money for a piece of kit like that.
SCO_Jordan
Its alot of money for me when I'm 17 and work in burger king part time mate. And I think it does matter. Its 45 degrees to hit your lower back at 45 degrees, not at 50 or not at 40.
SCO_Jordan said:Its alot of money for me when I'm 17 and work in burger king part time mate. And I think it does matter. Its 45 degrees to hit your lower back at 45 degrees, not at 50 or not at 40.

Do you really think such a small difference in the angle will massively change the effect on your hams/lower back?
SCO_Jordan
Possibly. What buzz said about it being out by 2 degrees could be the difference between 300kg or 400kg may be a bit exagerated but I still think 10-15 degrees out then more likely.
SCO_Jordan said:Its alot of money for me when I'm 17 and work in burger king part time mate. And I think it does matter. Its 45 degrees to hit your lower back at 45 degrees, not at 50 or not at 40.

LOL. It will ,ake no difference, as long as you get stronger on it is all that matters.
SCO_Jordan said:Possibly. What buzz said about it being out by 2 degrees could be the difference between 300kg or 400kg may be a bit exagerated but I still think 10-15 degrees out then more likely.

You only have to look at the picture to realise it is abviously a 45 degree hyperextension bench. Has it been measured - who knows? Has every other single 45 degree hyperextension bench on the market been measured - who knows?

Like Duncan says, as long as you work hard on it and get stronger, it really does make f**k all difference in the grand scheme of things - it's only an assistance exercise after all. I think you are worrying over nothing.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitSTRENGTH SHOP Hyperextension Bench
Return to top View Desktop Site