Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitOly Lifting Belt

Oly Lifting Belt

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

I decided to go full into weightlifting for a while. Going to max every other day and seeing how that goes.

Whats a good legal belt for oly lifting? I'm not even sure i need one but i'm catching the bar in full cleans in such a s**t postition, forward, bending my lower back to meet the bar, so i thought i'd get a belt just in case. And do belts keep overhead more stable?
HUGE_GUY said:I decided to go full into weightlifting for a while. Going to max every other day and seeing how that goes.

Whats a good legal belt for oly lifting? I'm not even sure i need one but i'm catching the bar in full cleans in such a s**t postition, forward, bending my lower back to meet the bar, so i thought i'd get a belt just in case. And do belts keep overhead more stable?

At this early stage would it not be more beneficial to dial in your technique so you catch the bar in a better position then move onto a program of Maxing out if the tech isn't there you could be heading towards a brick wall not saying you shouldn't get and use a belt just something to bare in mind
big_mike
milsy said:
At this early stage would it not be more beneficial to dial in your technique so you catch the bar in a better position then move onto a program of Maxing out if the tech isn't there you could be heading towards a brick wall not saying you shouldn't get and use a belt just something to bare in mind

Good post milsy. Work on technique deficiencies first
milsy said:

I was pretty happy with the weights i am getting to. At my current weight i don't expect to get much better anyway. I could rack a 190 clean, bar is always forward though so drops off, and jerk 170, but again forward. But yea i know what your saying, you can never work on technique going 100%.
You can lift a weight properly though

Just a thought
sexymikehowarth said:You can lift a weight properly though

Just a thought

Can you expand? I don't understand.
shanejer
HUGE_GUY said:
Can you expand? I don't understand.

Think mike meant can you lift a weight properly?

I.E i can deadlift 350kg but it dosen't move off the ground is basiaclly the same as i can jerk 170 but it's to far forward Roll-Eyes
shanejer said:
Think mike meant can you lift a weight properly?
I.E i can deadlift 350kg but it dosen't move off the ground is basiaclly the same as i can jerk 170 but it's to far forward Roll-Eyes

I thats what he means... It's my 2nd time doing full cleans and 4th jerk. I attempt heavy weight within me, like few days ago 180 fell off my shoulder, this time got that and then tried 190. Jerked 170 overhead, couldnt stabilise and fell forward, same as 1st time i tried 160, but then got that. It's not like i'm doing a clean pull with 230 and acting like i had a good attempt. It's just small technical errors.
It sounds like you're doing something very wrong if the bar is always forward when you clean

I could be wrong and I'm just going off what I have saw from the clips you've posted

If I were you I could be convinced to practice snatching and full cleans properly

Good luck with the progression, I look forward to some more footage to analyse
HUGE_GUY said:
I thats what he means... It's my 2nd time doing full cleans and 4th jerk. I attempt heavy weight within me, like few days ago 180 fell off my shoulder, this time got that and then tried 190. Jerked 170 overhead, couldnt stabilise and fell forward, same as 1st time i tried 160, but then got that. It's not like i'm doing a clean pull with 230 and acting like i had a good attempt. It's just small technical errors.

You sound like you have a lot of potential
sexymikehowarth said:
You sound like you have a lot of potential

I want to fulfill my potential before it's too late. Just got an email from my Dr, surgery is sooner than planned. I'll have to get some vids in the next 2 weeks.
Steve
HUGE_GUY said:
I want to fulfill my potential before it's too late. Just got an email from my Dr, surgery is sooner than planned. I'll have to get some vids in the next 2 weeks.

The weights you are moving show you could well become a very good weightlifter. However you ate extremely unlikely to get there on your own. If you want to fulfill your potential you need to find a good coach to teach you proper technique. To be sucessful at weightlifting you need to be able to hit exactly the same positions every single time. You need to iron out your technical problems with lighter weights and establish a solid, consistent technique. If you continue to attempt these sort of weights with faulty form, sooner or later they will break you!
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitOly Lifting Belt
Return to top View Desktop Site