Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosHeavy deadlift night

Heavy deadlift night

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

ccameron
I'm struggling to get my hips any lower since putting weight on, I'm coming back from a back injury so quite happy with these pulls.
PaulSavage
Might not have got your hips down but kept your back nice and straight - good lifting
ccameron
PaulSavage said:Might not have got your hips down but kept your back nice and straight - good lifting

Cheers Paul, it feels ok as long as I get the bar close and don't let it drift.
dannyboy73
Great lifts

Howver, take your watch off when you train and do a video, your making me all OCD.
ccameron
dannyboy73 said:Great lifts

Howver, take your watch off when you train and do a video, your making me all OCD.

Cheers mate, forgot about the watch with all the deadlift fury.
Good pulls. I pull somewhat in that manner though I'm a weak deadlifter. I'm concentrating on getting the butt down like Wendler @30 seconds

ccameron
bcrusher said:Good pulls. I pull somewhat in that manner though I'm a weak deadlifter. I'm concentrating on getting the butt down like Wendler @30 seconds

Cheers for the link.
Chest up and pull your hips into the bar as your rolling it in.
Might need to push yor knees out a touch or mabe even widen your stance slightly with the weight gain to have room to get down.
ccameron
JonA81 said:Chest up and pull your hips into the bar as your rolling it in.
Might need to push yor knees out a touch or mabe even widen your stance slightly with the weight gain to have room to get down.

Cheers for the advice I'll pay attention to pulling my hips into the bar and pulling my chest up, I have widened my stance a little because as you say my knees were pushing out and hitting my arms. I'm struggling a bit as the wider I put my feet the wider my hands are on the bar. After the Scottish Open in January I'll play around with my positioning a little, I don't want to end up trying to stiff leg or snatch grip at this comp so I'll just try and sink my hips and keep my chest up the best I can.
dannyboy73
I only counted 1 rep here?
bcrusher said:Good pulls. I pull somewhat in that manner though I'm a weak deadlifter. I'm concentrating on getting the butt down like Wendler @30 seconds

Post Edited: 07.01.2014 @ 18:48 PM by bcrusher
dannyboy73 said:I only counted 1 rep here?

1 rep? Why? Cause he didn't reset after every rep or the other reps were backish?

How many of Tone's reps do you count here then?

YeahJon
ccameron said:I'm struggling to get my hips any lower since putting weight on, I'm coming back from a back injury so quite happy with these pulls.

Good lifting mate.
Wendler's form is impressive. Very narrow stance.
You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosHeavy deadlift night
Return to top View Desktop Site