Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsChippenhams Strongest Man 2010

Chippenhams Strongest Man 2010

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Post Edited: 04.10.2010 @ 17:06 PM by craigmanc
Gary are these events going to be inside and out or all inside?

Just think of the floor damage
richscott said:please can you post up weights for events and i might be able to get some ironworx lads in.

Sure, sorry for delay gents!

Medley (fastest time)- 3 x tyre flips, 250kg yoke - Novice
4- tyre flips, 300kg yoke - Opens
Chain or Barrel weight TBA still need to find out!

Truck pul (Straight pull novice, pull then push back opens)l - LWB Mercedes Sprinter van. Max Gross weight 3,500kg

Loglift- (Max reps in 75 sec) 80kg - Novice. 110kg Opens

Axle Deadlift - (Max reps in 75 sec)160kg - Novice. 240kg Opens

Conans Wheel - (Most revolutions) 200kg Novice. 300kg Opens

Farmers Walk - (Furthest distance) 80kg each hand Novice. 140kg each hand Opens.

Atlas Stones over yolk- (Max reps in 75 secs) 90kg Novice. 150kg Opens

The truck pull and medley will be outside on Monkton Park which is right next to the Olympiad but with the weather being fit only for Noas ark at the moment there is a contingency plan in place to replace the events that could be washed out! But fingers crossed we have a clear, cool autumn day and there's no problems!!!
craigmanc said:Gary are these events going to be inside and out or all inside?

Just think of the floor damage

I've been on the phone and emailing tirelessly trying to find a company willing to donate protective rubber matts like the ones Brad had at the Christie Miller centre for Wiltshires Strongest but so far no joy! They obviously won't let me drive a van in the sports hall or flip tyres so those 2 events are outside on the park! They do have matts of their own which they've said I can use so they may be all I've got!!! Brad said he can help with tyres for Stone transportation and to rest the log on and he also mentioned you guys had modified the Conans with a rubber base!
Hi Gazz,

I work in a sports centre and we have strongman comps here. I guess everywhere will be different but in our hall having a vehicle inside is no problem as long as it fits through the roller door, tyre flipping shouldn't cause any bother either but I would take a lot of care with the stone over yoke and make sure the floor is well protected, place a wooden board under any matting as I have seen this make a mess of a school playground and a tennis court in the past! Farmers may need modifying too if you haven't already (including taping sharp edges if there is a possiblity of the falling over when dropped).

Good luck with the comp'.
Tyre flip and yoke can be done inside as you are using same floor as Rivermead has!

Just make it all inside bud and forget the moving inside/outside s**te
craigmanc said:Tyre flip and yoke can be done inside as you are using same floor as Rivermead has!

Just make it all inside bud and forget the moving inside/outside s**te

I feel the same way you do mate! I will sit down with the Olympiads operations manager during the week and try and sort it out! They definately won't agree to the van being inside though but I will try! Just wish I could source some matts!
ross_stone
Should be a good comp with simom, karl and big gray doing it .
Big_Gray
ross_stone said:Should be a good comp with simom, karl and big gray doing it .

are u in for this mate?
craigmanc said:Karl (dark horse squirel) is in

Karl Grant that is! Gary put his name down

Ok maet Karl is in!

6 more...
squirrel
hi all
just spoke to oli at robs place and you may struggle to get the pompy boy. rob's putting on so demo thing the same day and oli think a load of them will be needed to help out. but oli said he will speak to rob about it. hopefully a couple will be freed up by rob if he can manage and there is a comp in the offering so they are not just sit in front of the box.
squirrel
just left a message with gareth from ironwork, his a good guy so hope he will be up for it.

by the by have we looked at the weights for this comp, some too light and other omg. ie 110 log and 240 deadlift how many reps are you looking for??? but then farmers with 140 omg. still that may be just me and others are ok with these. no worry, we can sort it all on the day if needs be.

the main thing is I'll be there.
richscott
if the weights get heavier i think Gareth would be in, log and deadlift are a bit light IMO too.
squirrel said:just left a message with gareth from ironwork, his a good guy so hope he will be up for it.

by the by have we looked at the weights for this comp, some too light and other omg. ie 110 log and 240 deadlift how many reps are you looking for??? but then farmers with 140 omg. still that may be just me and others are ok with these. no worry, we can sort it all on the day if needs be.

the main thing is I'll be there.

I will accomodate your requirements guys this is my first comp so I will of course take any advice you give or preferences you have! Let me know what weights you want the events at and it will be so! Your happiness is my priority!
Max lift log lift

Last man standing on deadlift! Forget axle use oly bar or silver dollar 18 inch
craigmanc said:Max lift log lift

Last man standing on deadlift! Forget axle use oly bar or silver dollar 18 inch

has to be the skips craig

You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsChippenhams Strongest Man 2010
Return to top View Desktop Site