REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 119 guests
You are here: HomeForumhixxy1985 → View All Posts

View All Posts: hixxy1985

12345678910 ... ... 630631632633634635636637638639640

» Anyway Some Bad News ! (Go to post)13-04-2010 @ 13:18 
Happy birthday Mark.

30 definately sounds old. Just keep telling yourself your 29 for a few more years Grin

Was my neighbours birthday last week. He thought he was celebrating his 34th birthday, when in actual fact he was 35. Now thats when you know your on your way.
» Damo's training log (Go to post)13-04-2010 @ 13:12 
Damo said:Milsy - cheers bud! not sure how many points but was in 11th place. Was happy with that as it was a superb line up of great atheletes! Need more work on moving events which is what i want to get better at anyway!

Kenny - I dont think you did s**t at the stones bud! Im sure if you hadnt injured your hand you would have wooped my ass! Like i said today, when you put a bit of wood on you are gona be a force to be reckoned with!

one of the very few people i saw with a smile on their faces throughout the entire day. Every credit to ya, solid performance too.
» Blackpool Strongest Man (Go to post)13-04-2010 @ 13:09 
richards9876 said:
Since you mentioned it.Wink

lol - madness to even consider it!

350kg yoke sounds fun though. Never been that heavy. Be interesting to see how ppl cope?
» Hixxy's training log (Go to post)13-04-2010 @ 12:50 
JC said:Nice to see a journal mate

Need to train together sopmetime to avenge my medley horror show Grin

It would be a pleasure mate - felt for you on the medley. It actually made me more nervous going into it.

Hixxy 1-0 JC Grin for now...............lol
» Hixxy's training log (Go to post)12-04-2010 @ 21:58 
Sparrow said:Good to see a journal Hixxy.

Was a great debut yesterday. You impressed the hell out of me.

cheers mate - will get you on them farmers next time lol
» Robbos untried and untested training log (Go to post)12-04-2010 @ 20:26 
Tony said:You beleive in yourself now you knob head?

You don't get to the Nationals by luck or chance in this game, its not f**king roulette.

lol - i agree, when Robbo got a slap and switched on he defo produced the goods. Good show yesterday pal n being a similar age im sure we will be doing battle for many years to come lol Grin
» Hixxy's training log (Go to post)12-04-2010 @ 20:23 
bignige1986 said:You are definatly one to watch out for in the future mate Happy

Very impressed also hope to go up against you in a comp in the not too distant future ?!

Hopefully m8 - will definately try and push myself this year and work on my weaknesses and try get more experience as I go on. sure we will bump into each other at some point.......
» Hixxy's training log (Go to post)12-04-2010 @ 20:05 
cheers guys

really enjoyed myself - bit gutted its over lol

was nice to meet a lot of you - some great athletes(and refs) and some real down to earth guys!

N yes Robbo I listened:- but think in the long run il benefit more from it and im sure to have more crack n recieve plenty of abuse from you all!
» Hixxy's training log (Go to post)12-04-2010 @ 19:54 
Post Edited: 18.04.2010 @ 10:24 AM by Boar
Now i been ordered by King Robbo himself that I have to do a training journal lol

So here it goes:-

So after my rest from the northerns I will try and keep up with this journal and hopefully it will be full with lots of PB's and plenty of optimism!

2010 Northern u105 qualification write up:-

240kg Deadlift
10 reps PB joint 5th place
pleased to get off to a great start. Not been a great event leading up to the comp so was a strong start.

Arm over arm
29.8 seconds - dissapointed with this. Asked the guy to feed through my left but it caused me big problems cos he stood on my right. 10th place

Medley
33 seconds 1st place - over the moon with this as I have never done the duck walk and yoke together so the risk taken in training was a worthy one.

105kg log
5 reps - wasnt overly pleased, knew i had more but just couldnt get my legs to wake up and to give me the drive up. Not sure on position on this one......

115kg farmer walk
23m ish. 19th place
Absolutely devasted after this event. Wripped 3 callusis on each hand. Was in third place before this event and dropped to 7th.

Stone run
25seconds - 5th place PB
Over the moon as I never completed a 3 stone run without problems so to do the 4 and to place well helped me to end the day with a smile.

7th place and qualification to the finals. Very un-expected but at the same time very flattering and now I have another competition to look forward to.

!

Hopefully get back to gym soon once im all healed after yesterdays Big day
» 2010 Northern U105s Championship (Go to post)12-04-2010 @ 14:57 
JC said:Superbly run comp once again, so a huge thanks to Ben, Tony, JT and crew

Chuffed to bits for my training buddys Robbo & Millsy, all the hard work they have put it last few weeks paid dividends, both were extremley consistent

Huge congrats to Cleggy too, great performance

Hubble was the performance of the day today for me, superb strength and endurance in all events

Boyahm once again proved what a beast he is, very little training but awesoem performance

Finally Hixxy, they guy is very strong and VERY fast, noone was anywhere near him on the medley, great work mate

Was happy to see the Bull pull quite a few PBs out of the bag too, definitely a man for the big comp

thanks for that mate - was so nervous going into it but happy to win an event on my debut. sorry you didnt make top 7, I think your a top competitor and hope this only makes you more determined to come back stronger!!!!!
» plain old log! (Go to post)11-04-2010 @ 22:46 
Kenny_C said:haha when we can actually cross fingers again, f**king hands lol

yeh lol didnt think i was gonna bag all them stones - it was all forearms to get them on!

great day though. When we training next Confused
» plain old log! (Go to post)11-04-2010 @ 22:44 
Kenny_C said:cheers hixxy mate, glad you got the performance you deserved because i know you been nervous and i had every faith you'd qualify

cheers mate - more to come from me i hope. Can start training for this consistantly now n fingers crossed - injury free!!
» plain old log! (Go to post)11-04-2010 @ 22:37 
Kenny_C said:thanks lads, i am a c**t i know and as kev pointed out if there was a c**t counter on posts id have a trophy for first place in that Grin

am gutted with my stones and farmers but hand wasn't upto it although i may not of finished the farmers or stones anyway. realised that training for a comp like this were the weights are max for me doing one or two events a day is fine but having to do 6 really killed me and massive respect to everyone who competed because it was hard and now i realise just what you 105's can do and its awesome

was a great day 2day m8 - the farmers was a crazy mis-fortune. Normally warming up with 115kg in training. These things cant be helped though eh. We learn from it and move on.

Every credit to you!
» 2010 Northern U105s Championship (Go to post)11-04-2010 @ 21:42 
thanks to ben for running such a good competition was very enjoyable and run well throughout.

Just like to say that it was nice to meet a great deal of you all. Your all a good bunch of lads n with my first comp you made me feel like i belonged there.
Cant wait to the final now, very flattered n shell-shocked i made it. Even after the bloodbath of farmers. - taken about 15 mins to write this as hands are completely ruined lol

N big congratz to mark - thouroughly deserved and right where he belongs at the top position on the podium.
» 2010 Northern U105s Championship (Go to post)09-04-2010 @ 18:48 
Ben_F said:Hoping Kenny can post up a photo or little video of the trophies later - just to get you a bit moist. I reckon just seeing them could add 10% to your contest performance. Cool

I saw these trophies and they are super sexy! Never seen out like them. Winners is that big u need a room on its own for it lol

12345678910 ... ... 630631632633634635636637638639640

You are here: HomeForumhixxy1985 → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions