REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 242 guests
You are here: HomeForumGymbob → View All Posts

View All Posts: Gymbob

» Ed Hall (Go to post)14-12-2011 @ 17:01 
wow! knew he was strong but jeeebus, where's the gym at he's training at looks pretty good
» British records (Go to post)14-12-2011 @ 16:38 
Hey, just wandering where the 'official' website for british and world natural records for powerlifting were? I've found some sites but not sure if there official just wanted to see where i was at Happy
» Strongman/Powerlifting gyms (Go to post)06-12-2011 @ 01:05 
Hey, just wandering if anyone knows of any strongman or powerlifting gyms around the cheshire area. I live in winsford and have been training in northwich at Daves gym for around 6 years. This used to be ok, but times have changed its just full of spice boys now and theres no room to deadlift or squat properly now and no one really does it in there anymore. I know about Olympic gym trained there a few times and loved it just its an hour away for me each way, been reading up about iceman's gym in stoke? but thats still 45 minutes each way. Is there anywhere else?
» Moz's new Direction :) (Go to post)25-11-2010 @ 01:34 
moz said:Wednesday 24th Nov

PM: Deadlifts...

.... Gym registering 0c and completely empty Happy

Bar x a few
70 x 5
110 x 5
150 x 3
190 x 1
215 x 1
225 x 1
235 x 1 (seasons pb 5kg)
200 x 5
205 x 6

Up at 6am this morn, swim, day at work, painted living room then got in the gym at 8pm and pulled a season pb.

Good day. I think a curry is well dissevered tonight but unfortunately I'm skint until I get paid Friday "/ 

HAHA why 6 Moz? Wink :P
» hydrocortisone cream (Go to post)25-06-2010 @ 03:24 
ranathari said:It's not an anabolic steroid so it won't have any effect on your performance (quite the opposite - it's a corticosteroid so it will actually cause muscle wasting if used in a high enough dose for long enough).

In any event, the chances of you absorbing enough through your skin from her to fail a dope test is virtually non-existant because it's a topical preparation. It doesn't penetrate much deeper than the upper layers of the skin and won't reach your bloodstream in any significant quantity unless, again, you're using it in huge amounts for a long period of time.

Okay thanks for clearing that up for me man Happy i know it was a bit of a stupid question just wanted to be clear Happy
» hydrocortisone cream (Go to post)24-06-2010 @ 02:02 
Probably a stupid question, but i just want to make sure really. My mrs uses this stuff for her eczema and i found out it was a steriod.. does me hugging her or what ever make it sink into my skin? therefore getting in my system and if i did any drugs tests make me fail?

Probably a stupid question but just want to know if i should avoid her when she has this on?
» Sunday Training @ Olympic Strongman (Go to post)10-01-2010 @ 17:42 
MarkClegg said:Great to see you down the club Moz and doing an exercise stood up for a change .. Actually you look like when you get it right ,your capable of a big lift .. Keith done a good job on you .
I enjoyed showing the young lad a few things he's a nice kid ,determined too..

Nice to have Niall and the Knuckleheads down also .. Mad as f**k the lot of you .. Luke "i just love lifting heavy s**t" ... You are the maddest ..

About 15 down today and i did the least .. Lazy man ..

Thanks for the time etc for showing me today Cleggy really enjoyed it Grin
» Strongman training (Go to post)24-11-2009 @ 16:08 
Thing said:
your just starting out in the strongman side of things and maruisz is a freak. so i would ignore what he does.
pull days
front squats of back squats
deadlift or power cleans
rows for upper back
abs or core work
Push
push press
close grip
incline press
shoulder prehab
abs or core
events
farmers
yoke
medley
stones
play around with the events and see what works for you

no bench?
» Strongman training (Go to post)24-11-2009 @ 15:42 
JC said:It can be as simple as

Push Day

Pull & Squtas Day

Events Day

is that what most strongmen do? got any other programmes etc? or is that generally the basis for all? like i was reading what mariusz does and he's training like twice a day
» Strongman training (Go to post)24-11-2009 @ 15:14 
Hi there, ive been training around 3 and a bit years now doing mainly bodybuilding type workouts, however i have done a little bit of powerlifting and now a very small amount of strongman which i love.

I've always included compound movements in my training, like ive always squatted,deadlifted etc etc..

I was just wandering whats an average strongman training routine in the gym as well as outside as i cant really find a whole lot on the net about how mark felix etc train.

thanks Happy

You are here: HomeForumGymbob → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions