REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 180 guests
You are here: HomeForumPearce → View All Posts

View All Posts: Pearce

» IPF propose to decrease weight classes (Go to post)06-10-2010 @ 13:54 
I think its a good idea overall, more competition within classes, makes me well into the supers (bulking here i come).

I havent competed ont he big stage however and been involved for years so i wouldnt harbour any resentment toward the change tho some may.

Also ye get rid of the f**king kit!!!

Im training for my first equipped meet atm however but would love for the prestigious event to be an unequipped worlds.
» Alistar 'Sasquatch' Inglis 355 kg Squat, 300 kg deadlift (Go to post)05-10-2010 @ 12:50 
Dont kno why you boys getting touchy, it does make a difference what conditions the lift was done under. I wouldnt accuse him of being on gear cos he is strong neither would i care if we were "on" if he lifted in say the BPC. Asking someone whether they are on or nto isnt a big deal surely just be honest?!?!?

Anyway those numbers are great, i cant see vid as im in work and at 18!!!
» The Press (Go to post)04-10-2010 @ 15:58 
Im not slating people ho put youtube vids, if thats hwo it came accross, dont kno what i do with my working hours without em!!!
» The Press (Go to post)04-10-2010 @ 15:57 
What arent really presses...the oly presses? You quoted me saying "im sure it would be on youtube"??? If so i agree the Oly presses arent strict presses yes.

My comment was stating that if a strongman had pressed say 230 on a bar in gym it owuld be on youtube...All Terrys, Mishas, Poundstones training and feats of strenght ar eon there and i dont think ANYONE would press 230 and not at leats video a future attempt close to the number!
» The Press (Go to post)04-10-2010 @ 15:31 

This is of Vasili (not strict by any means a snappy jerk of the knees is even CLEARLY visible) bar moves like lightning to lockout phase then he pushes through it.

and Serge...

Yep ya right Serge's is far more of a press, just swings his hips back then forth to intiate the press but at least it isnt a vertical Jerk, no doubt gives him some kg's but what a f**king BRUTE!!!
» The Press (Go to post)04-10-2010 @ 14:52 
If they could im sure it would be on youtube!

I cant imagine anybody but Big Z and maybe Glenn Ross(?) pressing close to 230 overhead and not single strongman outside of Koklyaev could clean those sorta weights. I think Koklyaev push presses 220 (f**kign awesome but its not a press without legs)

I do recognise tho that the oly lifters got good and efficinet at teh movmement and it isnt neccessarily a "strict" as they sorta kick thrw their claves and throw their hips into it but tis still not jerked or pushe dwith legs.

Little_a does that mean Alexeevs 235 was a press that was passed or was it a clean & jerk that he pressed???
» The Press (Go to post)04-10-2010 @ 14:39 
Ah ye i remember thats an old interview with him back close to when he lifted IPF.

But what about Oly Press Records???

200x5 overhead is DISGUSTINGLY STRONG!!!
» 900 in the 110's (Go to post)04-10-2010 @ 14:29 
Oh Walton, u doing 4 nations???

The kitted squatting isnt goign the best il be honest, tryign Clives old suit on tonight hopefully a lil looser for me, knee wraps are far worse than the suit also.

The shirt doesnt seem to bad tho tbh, im just plain weak at lockout when it comes to the shirt...
» The Press (Go to post)04-10-2010 @ 14:26 
What are the All time World Record in "The Press" as in the once Olympic Lift, i remember i stumbled upon them before but cannot find them now.

Im pretty sure the SHW record was 233kg...not bad eh!!!

Any anedotes of Big Z standing pressing 230+ on an Oly Barbell??? I kno of 212 logs and 190-200 appollons but just interested in a standard military/oly press no legs overhead lift...

C'mon i know hteres a few Oly lifters here...
» Rocky's toughest opponents (Go to post)29-09-2010 @ 11:21 
AWESOME!!!

Rocky did end the cold war!!!
» Getting shorter! (Go to post)29-09-2010 @ 09:41 
Wayne, i think ul have to slowly progressivley work ur way down to 5ft 1...Walk out 400kg everyday and if that fails file ur way to circus stardom!!!

I remember whilst working on site me and the site engineer measured oourselves morning (i was 6ft 1.5" (at that time) and in the evening 6ft 0.75") he was taller and lost a full inch throughout the day...yes this was sad, so to all those thinking of pointing this out...f**k you!
» Asda Create Your Own Pizzas (Go to post)29-09-2010 @ 09:36 
Domino's Pizzas are the f**king s**t!!!

Asda, Pizza Hut, Tesco, none come close to DOMINO's, if i could be sponsored by Domino's id be a lot better off and massive! Its the clean lifters Anabolics!
» Getting shorter! (Go to post)28-09-2010 @ 13:00 
5ft 4 is almost Circus short...but not quite!
» GBPF membership (Go to post)22-09-2010 @ 11:59 
Even if u payed start of year ud do probably only 2 comps which is 6 lifts???

Im guessing ur focus is BDFPA Unequipped and not GBPF cos of the international prospects thats a fair point...
» GBPF membership (Go to post)22-09-2010 @ 11:53 
Really u wouldnt pay 40 quid in order to qulaify for next year...f**king hell, thats not quite one night on the beer, and this is what u train for day to day and compete for...

What are u focusing on Carl Strongman or powerlifting???

You are here: HomeForumPearce → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions