REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 231 guests
You are here: HomeForumWes → View All Posts

View All Posts: Wes

12345678910 ... ... 8182838485868788899091

» Core work? (Go to post)18-09-2014 @ 10:22 
Nobody has ever been told 'you're f**ked, you've done too much core work'.

Do some, can't do any harm.

I love hanging leg raises, working up to holding at top for as long as poss.
But there's all kinds of s**t you can do.
» barbell shrugg/snatch grip/power shrugg? (Go to post)17-09-2014 @ 18:35 
I'd never done Power Shrugs until I started the Coan routine either, a few years ago.
I love em and still do em even though I ditched the program, as good as it was !!

My understanding, and someone will correct me if I'm talking bo***cks, is that you need the slight explosive leg drive to assist in pulling up into the shrugged position. The weight should be too heavy to hold, and you keep pulling with your traps as the bar descends. The rest is as a normal barbell shrug should be, none of this tip-toe, dropping the bar to below your knees malarky. Works well to take out of a rack too so your not having to Deadlift a heavy weight off the floor initially.
Can take a couple of sessions to nail the technique and find the right weight for you.
» barbell shrugg/snatch grip/power shrugg? (Go to post)17-09-2014 @ 18:35 
I'd never done Power Shrugs until I started the Coan routine either, a few years ago.
I love em and still do em even though I ditched the program, as good as it was !!

My understanding, and someone will correct me if I'm talking bo***cks, is that you need the slight explosive leg drive to assist in pulling up into the shrugged position. The weight should be too heavy to hold, and you keep pulling with your traps as the bar descends. The rest is as a normal barbell shrug should be, none of this tip-toe, dropping the bar to below your knees malarky. Works well to take out of a rack too so your not having to Deadlift a heavy weight off the floor initially.
Can take a couple of sessions to nail the technique and find the right weight for you.
» paddys 2014 training log (Go to post)16-09-2014 @ 10:04 
Hope the rest has done you good pal.
Look after yer body now, you're the most fragile, freakishly strong f**ker I know...
Happy
» If Scotland gains it's independance... ?? (Go to post)14-09-2014 @ 16:30 
Alex76 said:
Give us a north of Watford Gap independence referendum. I'd vote yes for that in a heartbeat!

Gets my vote !!
» If Scotland gains it's independance... ?? (Go to post)14-09-2014 @ 00:04 
So, in a nutshell, nobody know sheeit...

Can't see it happening myself, the govt will have done enough to scare the majority I reckon.
» If Scotland gains it's independance... ?? (Go to post)13-09-2014 @ 21:03 
Not noticed anyone discussing this issue, apologies if I missed it, but...

What does it mean for your Sport/Federation ?

Can the world of 'strength sports' avoid all this political bulls**t as much as possible, or would it have quite an effect ?

British Championships to be renamed '4 nations championships' etc... ?

Surely Scotland could not compete in a 'British' event ?

Has this been discussed by any fed's or governing body that you know of ?
» Fuck off buckets of ice ! (Go to post)27-08-2014 @ 23:41 
I was homeless many years ago due to alcohol abuse.
Granted it was only for 1 night, I was forced to sleep in the middle of a roundabout in Leeds.
It was rubbish, the homeless have my full sympathy.
» sciatica (Go to post)23-08-2014 @ 08:04 
I believe it ultimately comes down to personal trial and error and getting some good advice on your particular issue.
I've got to the age now where I have to put a lot more thought into what I'm doing. What I used to get away with, I no longer do. I had bad sciatica about 3 months ago, scared the s**t out of me, I'd had niggles from it before, but I lost the use of my left calf for about 3 weeks this time around and thought I'd royally f**ked myself up. As it turnd out, I was being a massive fanny, and with some sound advice from a good physio it sorted itself out. I'll try my best to manage it, it may well return, who knows, but f**k it... Grin

What is the situation with yourself ?
» Deadlift World Record - Predictions (Go to post)14-08-2014 @ 22:42 
Savolainen87 said:
It's very entertaining , great show . I understand that organizers try to make some money but It's starting to look like wrestling , too much advertizing . Stuff like "if u want to see Brian Shaw or Beni Magnusson buy a ticket " . Who need this ? It's annoying . This is strongman .

As a Powerlifter, I'd rather go and watch Strongman. I wouldnt dream of inviting a mate or a family member along to a Powerlifting comp cos I've no doubt it would bore them rigid.
Some sports I believe you can over-hype and over-sell, often failing to live up to expectations. Strongman is not one of those sports and, more often than not, doesn't sell itself enough. They captured the imagination of the wider public on this occasion and it paid off, maybe other events will make similar efforts off the back of it.
» WSM ANORAK QUESTION (Go to post)13-08-2014 @ 20:17 
I've no idea, but I'm gonna have a massive guess at Ervin Katona. (Or Mark Felix).
» Deadlift World Record - Predictions (Go to post)13-08-2014 @ 17:57 
John said:
Yeah also worth mentioning the crowd they really got behind everyone,oh and also when magnus said ass for the telly lol

The crowd were loving it, all the athletes got great support.
There were some great moments throughout the whole day. Can't wait for next year, Sadler and Bryce have done the sport a great service delivering the Europes in this manner.
» Monolift in the NorthWest ? (Go to post)12-08-2014 @ 23:48 
Cheers for the advices, spoke with Mohammed of Mo Power, seems a decent fella, we'll be nipping down in next couple of weeks for a session.
» Deadlift World Record - Predictions (Go to post)10-08-2014 @ 15:15 
Tremendous day - Couple of worthless observations.
Great consistant display for Hix, very impressive.
To see so many drop out through injury, but witness Felix go the distance is testament to the man, great athlete, the guy keeps forgetting to get weaker with every passing birthday.
Ed Hall is something else, gutted to see him drop out, affected the rest of the afternoon as the crowd loved him, just what the sport needs. The highlight of the day for me by far was seeing Ed f**k up his 435 on the first attempt, then get his head together and pull a second, conducting an interview at lockout. Legend.
Forward hold is s**t.
Watching an event being filmed for TV gets on my tits, I have learned !

I'd like to know what peoples thoughts are on Andy B. I've since heard him state his strap slipped ? I've read some believe he wasnt centred on the bar ?
Either way, is it out of the question to have another go straight after ? (Assuming this is the problem). Ed did 2 at 435. He'd also pulled the 420 that Andy skipped. Ed also had a comp to do straight after this. Andy'd day was over, why not have a go, you're in your own back yard, Deadlift is what you are all about, its your big f**king day... have another go for f**ks sake...
» Benni's 461kg deadlift video. (Go to post)10-08-2014 @ 14:42 
So Bolton said his strap came loose ?
Why not re-apply and go again ?
Ed fooked up his first 435, he just got his head together and went again.
Wasn't impressed with Andy, shame as I wanted to see him go well, especially as it was in his own back yard on a massive stage.

12345678910 ... ... 8182838485868788899091

You are here: HomeForumWes → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions