REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 166 guests
You are here: HomeForumWes → View All Posts

View All Posts: Wes

12345678910 ... ... 8182838485868788899091

» Any advice on my Deadlift ?? 270kg x 4. (Go to post)15-05-2016 @ 10:53 
EllD90 said:No critique on the form. But that first rep was LIGHTNING fast.

Cheers, but it's never fast enough !! Haha
» Any advice on my Deadlift ?? 270kg x 4. (Go to post)14-05-2016 @ 16:43 
Bim said:

Make sure you are getting your hips through at the top of the lift and locking your knees out if it's a comp lift you're after.

Ahh...cheers for 'embedding' it or whatever was required...
Yeah, was maybe a bit lazy on this set, cheers !!
Never failed a comp lift from soft knees or not pushing hips through on lockout, but, maybe need to stop cutting corners in training...
Taa pal.
» Any advice on my Deadlift ?? 270kg x 4. (Go to post)14-05-2016 @ 16:43 
Bim said:

Make sure you are getting your hips through at the top of the lift and locking your knees out if it's a comp lift you're after.

Ahh...cheers for 'embedding' it or whatever was required...
Yeah, was maybe a bit lazy on this set, cheers !!
Never failed a comp lift from soft knees or not pushing hips through on lockout, but, maybe need to stop cutting corners in training...
Taa pal.
» Any advice on my Deadlift ?? 270kg x 4. (Go to post)14-05-2016 @ 16:39 
BaconWarrior said:Don't think you embedded it right buddy, the vids not playing for me!

Didn't think it could be that easy !!
» Any advice on my Deadlift ?? 270kg x 4. (Go to post)14-05-2016 @ 15:15 
Post Edited: 14.05.2016 @ 16:44 PM by Wes
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI9b1G3bCu4[/youtube]

Deadlifting feels as strong as it has for a while, but still not 100% satisfied with my technique, particularly starting position. Some sessions it feels good, others it feels like s**t and all dis-jointed. I feel more comfortable having quite high hips, although this is only a recent change, still conscious of my hips shooting up slightly prior to breaking from floor too.
This is the 3rd set of 270kg.

Any advice or criticism at all appreciated, want to hit 700lbs this year and really push on with it so all comments welcomed and taken on-board.
» Eddie Hall - LIVE! (Go to post)08-04-2016 @ 13:07 
The comments section is like driving past a car crash. You know it's not gonna be pretty, but you can't help but have a little look.
» Eddie Hall on BBC 1 Inside Out (Go to post)09-03-2016 @ 15:07 
...further to that, it seems he's almost broke like an unwritten rule by speaking out on the health risks !!
First rule of Fight Club.....
» Eddie Hall on BBC 1 Inside Out (Go to post)09-03-2016 @ 15:05 
Benvie said:
I just watched it and agree that I'm not a big fan of Hall but thought he came across well.
I get what you're saying about it not painting a good picture of the sport but I liked that someone was being honest and open about the risks involved in being that big and the sport/lifestyle in general at that level. Too often the premature deaths are just written off as a hereditary congenital heart defect that had nothing to do with them competing in Strongman.

Yes, that's why I thought he came accross well, wasn't full of Bulls**t and Bravado and was openly honest and very blunt.

I see what people are saying with regards to the death-rate of other high-risk sports, but what we're talking about here is a genuine contender to be the best, basically saying, that to be the best, I have to put my body into such a state that I will die within a few years. No other sport has that.

I'm not classing Wrestling as a Sport, because, well, it's not.
» Eddie Hall on BBC 1 Inside Out (Go to post)08-03-2016 @ 20:38 
I'm no massive fan of Eddie by any stretch of the imagination, having said that, he came accross pretty well on this 'inside out' thing.

I'm not too sure what his actions are saying about the sport in general though. Is he actually doing it any good ?
When you openly admit that you are likely to die in the next few years if you continue in the same fashion I'm not sure it paints a good picture of the sport.

Mr Capes looked a treat at the end too !
» 310kg x 2 texas deadlift @ 90kg (Go to post)18-02-2016 @ 08:52 
Brilliant.
Love to see guys my size doing crazy s**t like this.
It's a nice kick up the arse.
» sciatica (Go to post)04-02-2016 @ 19:46 
RossA said:Experienced my first bit of sciatica these last few weeks. I was thinking mine is piraformis syndrome, but need to get it checked out now as I've had moments of Horrendous pain. Started to go away with stretching and massage but had it really bad today. I had alot of DOMS from attempting my first squat and deadlift workout yesterday and then had a long day teaching fitness classes. I reckon this has tightened up my hips which has made me have so many episodes today. I'm sure loads of people on here have had it at some point.
Anyone had it long term or have most sorted it within a few months? Anyone needed surgery?

Cheers.

Mine was caused by a tight piriformis, which was seemingly going into spasm and touching the nerve. Was extremely painful at one point, lost all use of my left calf.
Stretching the s**t out of it and a few visits to the physio to work on it seemed to sort it out.
Have no problem with sciatica itself at the minute.
» Frank Bruno comeback... ? (Go to post)04-02-2016 @ 19:38 
unit94 said:I heard the board of control have already said they wouldn't give him a license

I'd not heard or read that, has to be the right decision.
It would be sad day to witness his comeback, the guy is a national hero.
» Frank Bruno comeback... ? (Go to post)04-02-2016 @ 19:34 
Surely not ?

This has to be the craziest thing I've heard in a while.
Is it the ramblings of a man struggling with his own mental health, or a legitimate dream ?

To be fair the guy is still in fantastic shape, but he'd never get a licence surely ?
» Tom pulls 400kg (Go to post)02-02-2016 @ 12:45 
Tom should have a statue erected in his hometown.
» Britain's strongest man 2016 (Go to post)02-02-2016 @ 12:43 
I said:
BENCH ??? Noooooooooo Eek

I think I'd rather see a front hold/arm wrestling medley... just.

On a serious note, chuffed to see Felix performing as he did, what a fooking hero that man is. Loz getting through unscathed is encouraging for WSM and really hope he can build on this and go on a decent run.
Well done ED blah blah blah...

12345678910 ... ... 8182838485868788899091

You are here: HomeForumWes → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions