REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 104 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumEDCLARKE → View All Posts

View All Posts: EDCLARKE

12345678910 ... ... 704705706707708709710711712713714

» TOMS TRAINING LOG. (Go to post)28-07-2007 @ 08:42 
well done mate ,didnt look that difficult either !
» TOMS TRAINING LOG. (Go to post)26-07-2007 @ 20:23 
thanks ed its the last of the vids though as i feel they may be taken as trying to show off even though im no were near a good lifter but have improved alot,and they defo arent posted to show of,i myself like to see vids of anyone lifting at any level i think its cool to see and get feedback from the pros and begginers im 44y old the last time i did anything cool was win a AAA award 5* there was only me in the school at 14ys old, won it,out of 1500 pupils, i ran 100m in 11.6sec,besides other stuff,what im trying to say is that ive found something that i may be good at,and i havent that many years left to improve it,but this has got to be the hardest sport out there in terms of the pounding your body gets,so anyone who can stick at it no matter what there level has balls,with a bit of luck ill stick it out and suprise myselfat the end of the day its your own personal battle thats what im loving about p,lifting

f**k that mate keep posting the vids ,its not showing off its about getting feed back and encouragement ,which is really important when your a home trainer like me and you
if someone thinks your showing off its probably only because they're jealous of that monster bench!

11 seconds 100 meter mate thats fast what do you reckon you could do now !
» TOMS TRAINING LOG. (Go to post)25-07-2007 @ 20:43 
strong close grips mate!
» Nobody steals our chicks... and lives! (Go to post)24-07-2007 @ 20:33 
Deads looked really easy Neil,I agree with Kendrick once youget your hands on the old olympics you'll be amased how much easier it is mate got to be worth at least 10k I reckon! Oh and f**king quality music!
» TOMS TRAINING LOG. (Go to post)24-07-2007 @ 20:29 
I agree with Rob 160's looked bang on the money mate ,nice squatting!
» est midlands novice juniors and masters 21/07/07 (Go to post)23-07-2007 @ 17:53 
to be honest I was that busy getting myself together I did'nt get many of the other lifters names! the majority of them were either juniors or masters there were at least 2 guys over 60 ,both big strong bas***ds!
» Haydens log (Go to post)23-07-2007 @ 15:28 
nice lifting Hayden ,I think that if you can afford to stop half way through your deadlift pretend like your going to put it down and then fool everyone by finishing the lift ,it is safe to say you could manage a fair bit more! well done!
» TOMS TRAINING LOG. (Go to post)23-07-2007 @ 15:23 
strong benching mate, your starting to piss me off now!Wink Wink Wink
» Haydens log (Go to post)22-07-2007 @ 20:33 
well done hayden nice lifting mate!
» Haydens log (Go to post)21-07-2007 @ 22:31 
good luck for tomorrow hayden hope you enjoy your first comp as much as I did,although I also hope you dont f**k your lifts up as much as me!
» est midlands novice juniors and masters 21/07/07 (Go to post)21-07-2007 @ 19:48 
Thanks Ice pick.

Nice one pal. You made mistakes but managed to still get good lifts in. Plus you've learnt loads! Are you lifting at the Brits in sept?

Ian I may well be attenting in a cheering on capacity but I think its highly unlikely I'll be invited to lift! despite being the current east midlands novice 90k champion Grin Grin Grin Grin
» est midlands novice juniors and masters 21/07/07 (Go to post)21-07-2007 @ 19:05 
Thanks for the kind words folks on a lighter note during the kit check one of the female referees told me that my belt was illegal for a number of reasons and not only that but it was also s**t! Her honesty amused me!
» est midlands novice juniors and masters 21/07/07 (Go to post)21-07-2007 @ 17:40 
arrived for weigh in at 9.00 and shock and horror I weighed in at 90.6 kilos
slightly over weight, quick trip to the toilets and i weighed in at 88.9 bit of a suprise this as the heaviest i have ever weighed before is 88 dead but that was in the evening I'm normally only about 86 in the morning.My day of sleeping and eating yesterday must have been effective!

bit of a wait around untill 11 when the lifting commenced and I was lifting in the first set of lifters ,started to get quite nervous ,went out for my first squat 110k went down and came back up, everything felt ok looked across and found I had 3 reds and 1 of the spotters told me I'd failed on depth( later found out I'd failed as I started and finished the lift with slightly bent legs).This was my worse nightmare as depth was always a concern and my confidence took a bit of a dive.Took the same weight again for my second lift and made sure I
kept my legs straight start and finish and went as low as I could just to make sure, was very relieved to look across and see 3 whites!
All thoughts of a squat pb had gone now took 130 as my last lift and absolutely pissed it, in hinesight I should have had the bo***cks to go for a 140 pb but my confidence was shot !

bench press took 90k as my opener which was easy and no shoulder problems

took 100k for my second unracked it held for what seemed an age and then got a command to rerack as I had unracked it with my thumbs tucked round next to my fingers (f**k knows why as I never usually bench like this) started again and was told I had 11 seconds to finish panicked rushed it and failed the lift.
took 100k again got my thumbs wrapped around the bar took my time and got the 3 whites.Not to disappointed with this as bench training has not been going well and realistically there was'nt much more than 100k in the tank!

onto the deadlift took 180 as my opener and I was that fired up it came off the floor like nothing! 200k for my second and I overcooked the agression a bit
and managed to set myself up off centre to the bar turned into a right grinder
with one red and two whites ,lucky escape! felt pretty tired after this and any thoughts of the 220 deadlift I had planned were binned andI took the more modest 210for my final lift which was a right old battle but I got the three whites in the end and felt pretty satisfied to finish with a Pb.

was quite suprised to find that at the end of the competition I was the winner of the novice 90k catagory,( I was also the only lifter in my category so a bit of a hollow victory but f**k it I cant see there being to mant in the near future so I'm taking it)In fact all 5 competitors from the farm weightlifting club wone their catagories although three of them including me were the only
entrants!

my final lifts were
squat 110 fail 110 130
benchpress 90 100 fail 100
deadlift 180 200 210

the comp seemed to be over very quickly , and I missed a lot of what the others were doing Kevin Jane managed a 285 deadlift and was inches away from 290, Finch from pluk went 175 squat 112.5 bench and 200 deadlift and Ian kinghorn managed 215 bench after failing it twice ,notbad considering he broke his arm 9 months ago!
On the down side my brother managed to break the video camera after 1 lift so no videos and he forgot to take any photo's ! COCK!

i feel I learnt a lot from this competition ,nerves can be a help and a hindrance so it is important to channel them correctly ,and agression must be tempered with control to be effective. Overall i enjoyed it immensley and would recomend it to anyone whatever the're strength levels!

Onwards to the next comp and that 220 deadlift!
» Ed 's training journal (Go to post)20-07-2007 @ 21:13 
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
» Carls Powerlifting Journal (Go to post)20-07-2007 @ 21:05 
Originally posted by sivvy1...

squats are gay unless you can do them

I also totally agree with this!

12345678910 ... ... 704705706707708709710711712713714

You are here: HomeForumEDCLARKE → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2021 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto