REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 103 guests
You are here: HomeForumBigMacca → View All Posts

View All Posts: BigMacca

12345678910 ... ... 653654655656657658659660661662663

» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)26-03-2023 @ 17:51 
billynomates said:Another 2 today!

YXXYG

Ditto for me as well Grin
» Diabeetus Question (Go to post)08-03-2023 @ 22:44 
Post Edited: 08.03.2023 @ 22:52 PM by BigMacca
matthewvc said:anyone on here been told they're "pre-diabetic"?
I've had bloods done and came back with HbA1c at 42 mmol
everything else is good, HDL/LDL, Test/FSH/LH, ALT, AST and so on
diet is around 4000kcal and BW 104.5kg with a nice layer of fat (fatty natty atm)
Is this an anomaly from just stuffing a ton of cals in
or something requiring a fundamental change in diet (quite carb heavy)

Being pre diabetic and slamming loads of carbs is only going to end one way. Full on diabetes!

Basically, your body can't handle your carb intake (either tissues are becoming desensitive to insulin, or much more rarely you may not be producing enough insulin).

The best thing you can do is control this through diet and, at this stage, it's possible to reverse the condition (assuming it's deceased insulin sensitivity that's the cause).

You need to do your own reading, but basically your want to be ultra low carb (under 30g a day) for a a spell (4-6) weeks, then start introducing carbs once a week for a couple of meals and monitoring you blood glucose levels over the following 24 hours to see how they react and reassess from there.

If you do nothing, you'll need in Metformin before long, then increasing dosages of before it becomes infective and you require insulin.

There is hope. My Dad was right at the end of the pre-diabetic scale when he was 66 and they wanted him go straight to insulin.

We changed his diet and he's still going strong 11 years later. He's recovered enough insulin sensitivity to be able to eat carbs 3 times a week and still have acceptable markers
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)07-03-2023 @ 12:24 
I got a glorious 3 yesterday. Start to finish in under 20 seconds, which very much annoyed the good lady wife as she had just finished talking me it took her all 6 attempts and the best part of 5 minutes Grin
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)20-01-2023 @ 11:22 
A rather inspired 2 for me today
» TRT THREAD (Go to post)17-01-2023 @ 11:14 
AMH_Power said:
Fadogia Aggrestis: 800mg a day.
Turkesterone: 1000mg a day.
Tongkat Ali: 400mg a day.

What brands are you using buddy?
It's a nightmare trying to buy supplements like this as there are always bunk products out there.

A personal recommendation from an upstanding gent is always the way to go Grin
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)13-01-2023 @ 16:32 
Fatpete said:A very quick and easy and therefore enjoyable three, my usual first and second attempts and after that I would have been amazed if my third had been wrong. A huge dollop of luck in this but I am smiling :-)

XYXXX
YXGGX

A very similar experience for me as well today Happy
» TRT THREAD (Go to post)12-01-2023 @ 23:34 
Post Edited: 12.01.2023 @ 23:35 PM by BigMacca
jt said:I know there was one a few years back but i cannot find it.

I was wondering if my recent malaise could be due to my natural Testosterone production going on a permanent holiday

My GP kindly did a blood test kidney liver thyroid all perfect

Testosterone "normal" for the NHS normal is between 9 and 34 I scored 14 which I think is pretty low in the normal range sadly I have no data from 2 10 or 20 years ago to compare but I would like to think my Test would of been much higher up in the normal range.

I have no plans to compete again the NHS won't give me TRT so my dilemma is do I go black market or wait another couple of years till the rest of my test pisses off.

You don't have to go black market Mr T, there are perhaps providers out there that can sort you out TRT wise.

I've seen 'The Mens Health' clinic (Plymouth) and Dr Savage (Doncaster based) mentioned positivity over the last few years on other forums.

I'd go that way, at least for the first year, so that you're under full medical guidance whilst you're getting the meds/doses dialed in.

I hope you manage to get sorted buddy
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)13-12-2022 @ 12:41 
Oafish behaviour and no doubt!
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)21-11-2022 @ 21:03 
Wigan said:5 but should really have been a fail

Got to a point where I couldn’t come up with a word with what I had left so resorted to trying random combinations of what sort of sounded like a word, on my third random combination I struck lucky. I had to look up what the word meant, as had never heard of or used it.
No pride in todays success.

5 for me as well. Similar to you with the random combos as I knew what 1345 were but couldn't make a word that I actually knew.

I guessed at the actual word then had to look it up
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)17-11-2022 @ 09:46 
Fatpete said:So lucky and yet so unlucky

Three today and could so easily have been two

GGGXY was the first go so now I have the first four letters and I can think of only two options

First option involves a repeat letter which normally is a good idea, option two involves a new letter which I consider a much more likely word.

So I went for option two - I shouldn't have

Damn it !!!!

"If you can use a letter more than once, then do so"

Mr Pete - 2022
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)13-11-2022 @ 16:59 
Wigan said:
I read an article yesterday that suggested the NY Times had updated the word list recently and if you hadn’t refreshed your browser you would still be on the old version of the list, which may explain the differences.
Incidentally the new list doesn’t include plurals that end in s or es apparently, so ducks would not be on it but geese would.
I’ve attempted to refresh my browser so will see what tomorrows word brings.

Very interesting Sir.

I ended up refreshing my browser session a couple of weeks ago as I changed my phone. I created an account and it immediately gave me another word for that same day and wiped out the stat for the previous word.

The Mrs has just refreshed her browser session and got a fresh word, however it's reset her stats as well!
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)12-11-2022 @ 22:04 
Wigan said:
If her word was a colloquial term for a canine, she must be on the same word list as me. If not I don’t know what the hell is going on.

It was indeed.

It's odd though, I've gone through to the Wordle site on three different devices, all using different IP's (via vpns) and I always get there same word ..
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)12-11-2022 @ 17:57 
Post Edited: 12.11.2022 @ 22:02 PM by BigMacca
Different words for the Mrs and I again today...
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)11-11-2022 @ 22:27 
Post Edited: 11.11.2022 @ 22:41 PM by BigMacca
Wigan said:
No vowels in my word today

2 vowels for me a well...

Edit, non for the good lady wife
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)10-11-2022 @ 00:01 
Another day, another 3 (in under 30secs as well)

12345678910 ... ... 653654655656657658659660661662663

You are here: HomeForumBigMacca → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions