REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 261 guests
You are here: HomeForumstainless → View All Posts

View All Posts: stainless

12345678910 ... ... 1920212223242526272829

» the Fall of a Former World Strongest Man Winner (Go to post)23-05-2010 @ 12:26 
i'm picturing a sort of super group with Svend as lead, pudz and Vasyl as backing.
» Strongman - Third world sport? (Go to post)23-05-2010 @ 12:19 
Strongman is never going to attract the same amount of sponsorship as the likes of football,snooker,tennis and a whole host of sports that your average person could at least have a go at,no matter how badly.Since Nike is not about to start making mini atlas stones or truck pull harnesses.There's no question that participation in a sport is linked to it's global success,anybody can have a go at golf,darts,swimming running but clearly only a very small minority will ever participate in strongman.
However,participation aside,World's strongest man is a huge global franchise,as has already been said every one you meet has seen it, lots of people are familiar with the athletes and the events,the same is true for the BSM.
There is no question that these programmes have made big profits for those involved in their production and distribution.Yet the prize money being paid out to athletes is absolutely pathetic,why, because greedy bas***ds have creamed off all the profits for themselves and consistantly viewed the athletes as money making fodder.The athletes are the show,they are the entertainment,yet every pleb involved in the running of the show walks away with more money than the guys knocking their pans in for the title.That's what's disgusting.
As a show WSM and BSM is good on the telly,it is totally over produced but the end result looks good.As a contest it sucks.TwI have always felt that they've got the guys over a barrel and in this the strongmen themselves are in some way to blame,the guys are obviously keen to get on the telly and prove their worth but sell themselves short in doing so.If any body complains about an event or about prize money then they know TWI would drop them in a second and somebody else would take their place in an instant with the viewing public none the wiser.Now i know i'm presenting an ideal which aint gonna happen-but,if the strongmen formed a group,say a body of elite athletes and had representation to negotiate contracts with programme producers then they could all be on the money they deserve.
I'm sure a lot of people will disagree but if the top athletes got together they would have power collectively,take the BSM a few years ago,it seemed to me that all the guys were complaining about the wrestling,it seemed like no one wanted to do it but TWI,then why the f**k do it?I can hear TWI now-"it's in your contract boys" like they gave a s**t if biceps get ripped off or someone's laid off work.What would've happened if all the guys said get lost we aint doing it, can you seriously think twi would take them to court demanding they wrestle,any judge would hold in favour of the athletes.TWI have consistantly shafted the competitors at the expense of the programme and therefore kept prize money low.
Ditch the over paid presenters and half the hangers on and the prize money could be £100,000.
I am now aware that this is becoming more and more of a rant and i'm hitting the buttons on the key board too hard so i'm gonna stop there.Apologies if i've offended any of the top guys but for me you are what makes the sport not the tv companies presenting it.
» would like like to see atleast some kind of British strongman title? (Go to post)23-05-2010 @ 11:23 
JohnPower said:Out of interest I thought the Title of britains strongest man was first used in a 1910 comp held at St Pancras road London.
The winner being Thomas Inch.

Wouldn't it be great if it turned out the family of Thomas Inch had copyrighted it years ago and TWI had to pay back royalties?

Tongue
» would like like to see atleast some kind of British strongman title? (Go to post)23-05-2010 @ 11:21 
Martin1956 said:Credibility comes from the athletes who compete in a contest. If all the top guys supported the new event, and bypassed others claiming to do likewise, then the event (and the title) quickly becomes credible and recognised as the ultimate British title. How about 'British Strongman Championship'?

This is very true,TWI may have some form of copyright on the title of a tv programme but they have no ownership of the athletes.
Furthermore,it's grossly unfair to hold unto some thing like that and not use it, the wa**ers institute,sorry TWI should have some sort of obligation to use it or lose it.What if TWI decide never to run another BSM? Some how the title can never be used again unless they say so? that's bo***cks and would never stand if they tried to pursue it in court.
Years ago Kaz tried to take a guy to court over the title "world's strongest man" Kaz was current WSM and another guy was using it for his circus act.The judge threw it out and said it was too vague a term to be copyrighted by an individual and that anyone by any number of tests of strength could claim to be WSM.
If i could blow up 3 hot water bottles tomorrow,bend some nails and do calve raises with a baby elephant i could call my self Britain's strongest man twi could do sod all about it.People can threaten all they like but going to court is a different thing all together.
The big issue here is not so much getting a title but getting all the big names on board,giving them decent prize money and taking care of them.There are lots of people on this forum well capable of running such an event,with a successful big event behind them with all the top British athletes on board then the next year a tv channel would be interested-exit TWI and enter some one new.
» Iron - solve an arguement (Go to post)18-05-2010 @ 06:57 
I agree with D-erw.
» My Interview with Styrkeportalen (Go to post)14-05-2010 @ 14:59 
very interesting read.
» Funny Video (Go to post)12-05-2010 @ 21:46 
you gotta love the guy for not taking himself too seriously.
Can you imagine big Z in the same get up? maybe better not.
» Cheese makes you strong! (Go to post)07-05-2010 @ 15:56 
is that what they mean by a gym rat?
» Casting for a HUGE comic book Blockbuster Feature Film. Can you help? (Go to post)07-05-2010 @ 15:55 
if it was 6ft 3 round the middle they could cast the whole movie here.Grin
» Bloody Hell ! (Go to post)07-05-2010 @ 15:53 
Was watching this for a full minute before i realised it wasn't another video of the under 90kgsTongue Tongue sorry couldn't resist.
» Casting for a HUGE comic book Blockbuster Feature Film. Can you help? (Go to post)07-05-2010 @ 15:42 
bignige1986 said:Not many ppl over 6'3 !!

Im 6'2 and around about a 46-48" chest, but to travel to london for a tonne hahaha cost me that in juice haha

You don't have to juice up for it surely?
Happy
» Casting for a HUGE comic book Blockbuster Feature Film. Can you help? (Go to post)07-05-2010 @ 15:40 
I am perfect for this but i am only really interested in the lead role of Captain America.My agent will be in touch.
» Doesn't life suck when you don't know which camp your in?! (Go to post)06-05-2010 @ 19:41 
Stetec said:So basically it increases red blood cell count? How did that kill Jesse then, I heard be had an enlarged heart or something along those lines?

normal haemoglobin levels for an adult male are between 14-17 tops if epo is used in large dosage and hg increases beyond that then the blood gets too thick,this can lead to clotting esp as the blood travels through thinner vessels,ie around the brain.This is greatly exacerbated if an individual becomes dehydrated thus thickening the blood even more.In particular going to sleep in this state vastly increases the risk of death due to reduced vascular activity.
I think you would really need to be going some and be seriously abusing epo to drop dead from it's use.
Personally i think it's bad form to speculate on the death of someone who has only recently passed,nobody here was present at an autopsy or seen a coroners report and second hand information is no better than gossip.I'm not suggesting either that he did or didn't take steroids but people do have inherited conditions such as enlarged heart.
» Doesn't life suck when you don't know which camp your in?! (Go to post)06-05-2010 @ 18:25 
bignige1986 said:
Increases risk of heart attack by 68% and also yes he had a large heart which is a by-product of steroid abuse pretty much all pro bbers and anyone who uses for several years eventually ends up with a large heart/ventricles!
Hope that sheds some light mate
Ive personally had myself tested for sed enlargement and luckily enough im ok !! Happy ATM

48% of all statistics are made upTongue
Do you by any chance have a reference with regards the 68% figure? i'd be interested in reading that,ta.
» Yoke lump (Go to post)04-05-2010 @ 17:07 
every time i did yoke the tissue around my 5th vertebrae would become inflammed and tender,would last about 5 days,no lasting damage.I didn't have the meatiest traps so with out the support of muscle the bar had to squash into my neck.
Worst event ever for me.

12345678910 ... ... 1920212223242526272829

You are here: HomeForumstainless → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions