REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 186 guests
You are here: HomeForumNamonster → View All Posts

View All Posts: Namonster

12345678910 ... ... 7677787980818283848586

» How short do you have to be to suffer from Small Man Syndrome? Discuss: (Go to post)14-09-2009 @ 14:11 
I'm 5"11 (but the doctor measured me at 6?) and would have liked to have been above six foot, but not complaining.

Wearing a turban and being fat, hairy and miserable gives me my presence.
» How short do you have to be to suffer from Small Man Syndrome? Discuss: (Go to post)14-09-2009 @ 14:07 
dr_hazbun said:what I tend to see is that the sub 5'3s of this world embrace their shortness and bask in its glory. They're actually proud to be short!

It's those who are short but not too short who suffer with the "if only I was a few inches taller etc" syndrome. ie the 5'4 - 5'7 range.

Fair point. I've a bad habit of pointing it out to a mate of mine who is sub-5"3 so maybe that's why he hates it/me?!
» Making sandbags (Go to post)14-09-2009 @ 14:00 
Thing said:i made a 100kg one last weekend. using will's method haven't played with it yet but i was going to do bear hugs for max distance. and cleans.
i have a lighter one for doing more condition type stuff but thats with a Ironmind bag i bought. but its a good way to get the heart going,

Where do I find this method?
» How short do you have to be to suffer from Small Man Syndrome? Discuss: (Go to post)14-09-2009 @ 13:52 
I'd say 5"3.
» For those of you who can't do pullups (Go to post)14-09-2009 @ 13:51 
Then what do you do for upper back strength?
» Making sandbags (Go to post)14-09-2009 @ 13:46 
You'd be cheaper going to other builder's merchants than B and Q.
» Got a f**king parking ticket (Go to post)12-09-2009 @ 16:52 
Not good.

I think I got caught by a speeding camera today near my house.
» Since everyone else is talking about their injuries... (Go to post)11-09-2009 @ 14:04 
Willsan - no problem pal. Looking at squatting Monday anyway so hoping a sauna on Sunday will sort it.

Boar - mine was a meagre 200lb.
» Since everyone else is talking about their injuries... (Go to post)11-09-2009 @ 13:55 
Osteo - money.

Willsan - I did carry on cleaning and doing good mornings after so I tried my manly best. Just since this morning I've had an issue!
» Since everyone else is talking about their injuries... (Go to post)11-09-2009 @ 13:51 
...last night I was clean and pressing and on the second last clean I caught the bar wrong and my back arched the wrong way. When I pressed it I did the exact same and I'm sure I felt the discs (or whatever they're called) in my spine touch. Now I'm in pain!

Any advice?
» Do Your Family And Or Friends Come To Your Comps ? (Go to post)31-08-2009 @ 21:47 
Boar said:
mine doesnt come , but with one of the kids being autistic hes a f**king nightmare to control and we cant beat him in public !!!

having said that she may make an appearance at prestons strongest man as she went to school with jason ,whos organising it and its about 10 mins drive , DanielBoar will be sedated with rum+black

LOL! I felt bad laughing at that.
» Garden axel press fest (Go to post)31-08-2009 @ 21:37 
Good pressing.

I must say I've got the fatter arse though.
» Had laser surgery on my eyes today. (Go to post)27-08-2009 @ 21:33 
Erm I been told you shouldn't lift weights for three months after surgery as lifting places a lot of pressure behind the eyes?
» Sugden Barbell 3 Years Old (Go to post)27-08-2009 @ 16:07 
Rick said:
I don't think £25/hr's a ridiculous number. I suppose it depends on whether you see the typical hardcore Sugdener as a student (worth £0/hr) or a typical professional, for whom £25/hr's not ridiculous by any means. For that matter, anybody contracting will (or at least be should) be making at *least* that, whether in the professions or in trade - that's about what I'd charge for personal tuition, for example, and I make considerably more than that when I run A level revision days. And I bet you can't get, say, Tony, for £25/hr or anything like it!

Rob - who'd've thought, back then, that this would end up as probably the UK's premier strength sport forum? As Yogi Berra said, I'd rather be lucky than good Grin.

Firstly, happy birthday. Learning a lot from this site. A shame there's not many people at my low level on here doing this from Glasgow!

I think the £25/hr mark is slightly short. I earn around £x an hour and my company charges out a whack on top of that, which is lost. Then there's the person who has to do my job, who isn't doing theirs and then if that isn't happening then there's a job which isn't happening, which isn't making any money.

But thankfully for the IT department scanning my internet use right now, I'm only visiting during my break so you're losing nothing. You're actually gaining by giving me the chance to take my eyes off what I'm doing to refresh for ten mins.

Roll-Eyes
» oli thompson looks like hes had a fall out with the mrs (Go to post)26-08-2009 @ 23:10 
Good beard line though!

12345678910 ... ... 7677787980818283848586

You are here: HomeForumNamonster → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions