REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 227 guests
You are here: HomeForumluke00 → View All Posts

View All Posts: luke00

12345678910 ... ... 189190191192193194195196197198199

» England's Strongest Man Final 2013 & JNR's.Qualify to UK's Final in Belfast (Go to post)27-05-2013 @ 22:28 
Stone wall in opens descending height or all to same height ?
» Ed Hall's latest update on FB... (Go to post)14-05-2013 @ 21:38 
slimsim said:85kg! Oh well!!!! Lol
Something makes me think Luke Fulbrook is still upset that people dare question his authority in all thing training and nutrition related.

Not really, because I have people who pay me for my information and get results.
FACT.
Check out my personal training page, real life, credible results on there.
» London strongest man (Go to post)08-05-2013 @ 21:39 
Post Edited: 08.05.2013 @ 21:42 PM by luke00
JC said:
Maybe you should practice what you preach mate, given some of the posts you made on the UKSC ESM thread about Gearing...I can qoute them if you like?

Oddly enough I travelled down, lifted, pain, tore my bicep and left. I didn't complain about a comp I had nothing to do with as a competitor and you can quote away. I was only voicing the opinions of lots of other people, who I'm not going to name, didn't want to say anything for what ever reason. Plus an event being changed last minute because one of the competitors couldn't do it, is not whinging and moaning for the sake of it, but was highlighting a severe bias towards a competitor.

I definately practice what I preach: I train, I compete and don't whinge about trivial, non consequential elements to a comp i.e.. the weights are too heavy; the weights ren't hevy enough its more like cross fit; £40 is too much for a comp etc
» London strongest man (Go to post)07-05-2013 @ 23:12 
WILLSAN said:couldnt disagree with you more luke. people have opinions on strongman and they want to share them and discuss them because they care about how the sport is run and want the best for it. as long as its done in a respectful way theres nothing but good can come of that. sure itll boil over a bit every now and again but I think thats worth it. promoters and organisers of the sport should be accountable. when I put a comp on I take the flack that comes with whether justified or not. if you cant take it you are in the wrong game.

and on the other hand, if I see a problem I think should be addressed I aint going to shuffle along saying 'yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir'. ill point it out. that aint moaning or b**ching, thats discussing something in a public forum. cant honestly see why thats such a problem?

But that isn't how it's done on here though. Alot of people's opinions are very contradictory. Complain if the cat has kittens, complain if the cat doesn't have kittens. You are one of the few due hards that still take your time and effort to post your views, but I know alot of people who have stopped because its like banging your head against a brick wall. If its in the general bulls**t section, nutrition or any of the other forums alot of it is arguing for arguments sake. A crime you are not guilty of, by the way.
» London strongest man (Go to post)07-05-2013 @ 22:18 
My comment comes from more or less every thread I read on here. If the majority of the members of this site put as much effort into their lifting as they did their trolling, complaining about there being no opportunities, complaining about there bring opportunities, complaining about how it was run, complaining about events, complaining about selection criteria, complaining about travelling distance, complaining about cost, complaining about time keeping, complaining about squat depth, complaining about other people's views. This country would have a WSM and hold every record going in Oly lifting and powerlifting. I've got an idea 'shut the f**k up and lift'
» London strongest man (Go to post)07-05-2013 @ 13:39 
b**chin'barbell strikes again.
» London strongest man (Go to post)05-05-2013 @ 10:16 
First comp back after Bi-Cep reattachment and torn hamstring, and another torn bi-cep and so on and so on lol.

Squat - very nervous and picked the bar up none central, so it felt heavier one side. Got 8 reps in total. Came 4th

Farmers Hold - Absolutely awful. Managed a poor 17ish seconds. Came 11th. This event cost me 2nd place without a doubt.

Log - 7 Reps - 2nd Place, all one motioned. Genuinely didn't believe that would be beaten as my fitness is good. However, Lloyd came in after and smashed 9 out - all one motion (very impressed)

Stone to shoulder 140kg - Did 6 reps. 1st place

Deadlift - 2nd place on this, got 10 reps, again didn't think this would be beqten as my fitness is good. Ben and Lloyd went after me, Ben smashed it and Lloyd equaled it.

All in all a very good day, disappointed with my grip and know it cost me, as it always does. First comp back so not too bad.

Extremely well run comp and nice to see Terry and Colin. I can post up some vids later if anyone interested, if not just check out my FB page.

Now onto the next one Mr Meers comp of static strength, proved I can rep now I did to prove I can lift heavy LOL
» Tribulus (Go to post)01-05-2013 @ 23:06 
D aspartic acid, read up. I see it working on my clients every day.
» What makes us fat? (Go to post)25-04-2013 @ 23:33 
Post Edited: 26.04.2013 @ 08:11 AM by luke00
I've stopped posting on here, but after reading some of the posts on here I've got to interject.
'Carbs don't make you fat'. WTF ?
In one respect that is true, but not how you think. Insulin makes us fat and what creates insulin spikes and production carbs. Carbs are fine if unprocessed, unrefined and low GI.
Next statement 'calories make you fat' - complete and utter s**t.
I could put you on a heavily calorie reduced diet, but you could eat what you wanted. 500 a day, eat a Big Mac, or 500 calories worth of sweets and that's it got the day. You would lose weight, yes, but you would still have an unsightly layer of fat around your stomach.
Next someone will be saying not to eat carbs after 7 and you won't put on weight.
Your not alone this level of Misinformation is ripe. I have drs and nurses as clients I even have a bupa nutritionalist and they don't have a f**king clue.
» 2013 UKSC Midlands Qualifier (Go to post)08-04-2013 @ 10:26 
ursus said:
yes im gonna do it , should be a fun day out

You Wayne and Dave doing it, know my top 3 already.Grin
» 2013 UKSC Midlands Qualifier (Go to post)08-04-2013 @ 08:23 
I'm in, just hope I'm ready. Got a lot to make up for. We need a really strong showing this year as none of the lads from the Midlands got through last year, and we are strong here. Lets do this
» Strength Shop - new products and updates (Go to post)04-04-2013 @ 19:43 
Do you have the larger blue ironmind sandbags in ? If so how much for 2 ?
» South Coasts Strongest man 2013 , March 9th > winners goes to euro qual (Go to post)09-03-2013 @ 19:32 
Well done bish and Wayne. Glad I didn't compete sounds like I'd have had my arse handed to me. Awesome performances.
» South Coasts Strongest man 2013 , March 9th > winners goes to euro qual (Go to post)09-03-2013 @ 12:55 
outspan said:Nick Lohr won the deadlift...
Anyone have updates for the rest of the comp?
I hear Bish had a quick overhead run!!!

How many reps on dead ?
» 340x3 squat Loz (Go to post)08-03-2013 @ 12:57 
Tom_Martin said:
You don't need to determine ANYTHING to say that they don't look that deep. It's a very subjective observation that doesn't actually direct blame anywhere, it could not look that deep for many reasons and how deep "that deep" is could be argued about all day long. I read that he actually made a positive comment about the video.... why respond so negatively?

Why comment on depth when it is so ambiguous ?

Comment negatively because I don't think comments like that are constructive or helpful to world class athletes, they just come across as b**chy. As said earlier Loz has proved he can squat with the best.

12345678910 ... ... 189190191192193194195196197198199

You are here: HomeForumluke00 → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions