REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 183 guests
You are here: HomeForumFatpete → View All Posts

View All Posts: Fatpete

12345678910 ... 988989990 ... 11821183118411851186118711881189119011911192

» Tom's training log... (Go to post)05-12-2010 @ 20:43 
A pleasure to see you again today Tom, shame I didn't get to see many of your lifts, but that's life. 802 is good, very good
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)05-12-2010 @ 20:41 
Summary - all in all - a disappointment, 715 is a poor total cut it which way you will.

The day was long, with almost three hours driving, the return journey done almost entirely in fog, met some old friends and had a hoot as always. But I am not happy with that total. That is not good enough by a long chalk
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)05-12-2010 @ 20:40 
Deadlift, the warm - up weights were those horrible twelve sided things, that doesn't matter for squat and bench, but you can't roll them so you have to stand exactly in the right place.

First attempt - 260 - pass, very nice

Second attempt - 270 - fail. Got it up alright, but as I went to brace the shoulders the virgin skin where the seg used to be, gave way. I could feel my shoulders move. likewise my elbows and hands but the bar wasn't. So the hand was moving around the bar as the skin opened. Only a small cut, but it wasn't there a minute ago

Third attempt - 270 - there was no way I could grab the bar and lift without doing more damage to the hand, so a token thrutch was all they got and I walked off in a none too happy mood. The more damage done, the longer it takes to put right. Bah ! Bluddy hands
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)05-12-2010 @ 20:40 
Bench.

The shirt has been boiled and sugared within an inch of it's life, it's tight and hacking through the triceps like Blashford - Snell in a jungle.

Attempt one - 170 - pass. Bit hesitant on the descent (Blashford-Snell and that damned machette) took me a little by surprise, and never felt the touch, but to lockout in one movement

Attempt two - 175 - pass - nice, smooth to chest and again straight to lockout in one movement, easier than the first

Attempt three - 180 - fail - as the 175 initially but just drifted off line near the top. My fault entirely.

The shirt will be retired now, burried with full military honours. She was a good 'un in her day, but she's past it now
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)05-12-2010 @ 20:39 
Squat.

First attempt - 270 and was quite good. Passed two to one, not bad, felt for it a bit, but it passed

Second attempt - 280 - fail, stood up with it ok, but didn't dig, got to the dig position and then didn't, just stood. They were right to fail it and no-one to blame only me.

Third attempt - 280 - pass - three whites, very nice, smooth and dug as per the instructions. Best one of the three
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)05-12-2010 @ 20:39 
Sunday, 5th December, the North West powerlifting championship at Colne.

It s a forty mile trip to Colne but I have to pick up Aaron (who doesn't drive) and that adds seventeen miles and half an hour to the journey. Up early for breakfasts and out at eight, pick Aaron up at eight thirty and arrive at nine thirty. It's cold and Joe the terrible has taken the squat racks from Adders to Colne so we now have a racks in option in the warm up room. 26 lifters, so two flights, one of twelve and fourteen in the other, lifting back to back. They start at eleven fifteen, we started at twelve twentyish and so forth. Tom Martin is in the first group so I will get to see almost none of his lifts, which is a shame. Phil the Behemoth is with us, which is a pleasure and so is Turner, which is not quite so.
» GBPF Northwest Powerlifting Championships (Go to post)04-12-2010 @ 18:32 
brynevans said:
so the council have very kindly cleared and gritted it.

Cleared and gritted. Music to my ears. See you tomorrow
» GBPF Northwest Powerlifting Championships (Go to post)04-12-2010 @ 09:09 
I wouldn't imagine there will be a problem getting to the venue, it's the car park I worry about. Getting there isn't the issue in this weather, it's stopping when you do get there
» The Assassin (Go to post)04-12-2010 @ 09:07 
Rick said:Ten past five ish I got there.

It's often like that of a pre-comp Friday.

Ah I see. Fair comment.
You did a good thing and you did the right thing
» The Assassin (Go to post)03-12-2010 @ 20:27 
At what o' clock was this Rick ?

I turn my back for one minute and everyone legs it.
» Guinness, murder and prostitutes (Go to post)01-12-2010 @ 21:16 
Wigan said:
That makes me happy!!! GrinGrinGrinGrin

That makes quite a number of people happyGrin
» The Assassin (Go to post)01-12-2010 @ 21:14 
And Jeff too, just remembered his log died
» The Assassin (Go to post)01-12-2010 @ 21:14 
Many thanks for your assistance tonight Rick.
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)01-12-2010 @ 21:12 
Wednesday 1st December, start 17:00

Cold, very cold, and snowing, Adders thermometer is at +2

Not many in tonight, but I have braved the cold and sleet and snow because in a last act of desparation I had the old shirt boiled in sugar of twenty of your earth minutes on Sunday, today we try it on. DrRick has also braved the elements to assist, he also has murderers' gloves.
I pause here to look at that apostrophe, I'll leave it where I is as they are not the gloves of one specific murder, but of murderers in general. Someone kind will tell me.
I digress

Bench, raw, all kilograms

20 x 20
20 x 20
20 x 20
60 x 5
60 x 5
60 x 5
100 x 3
110 x 2
120 x 2
130 x 1
DrRick + murderers's gloves = Fat Pete + boiled shirt
150 x 2 one to three blocks and one to two
160 x 1 to one block
170 x 1 to chest

This didn't actually touch the chest, but it wasn't far off, just a smidge away and it flew up, no pressing at all which off the hands is encouraging. We leave it there as we desire neither to tire the shirt nor me. The shirt is tight, horribly or splendidly so, depending on how you view these things. It hasn't got long left, but it will do for Sunday, then it will probably be buried with full military honours. Many, many thanks to DrRick and Handsome Jeff, without whom all this would not have been possible.
Normally I would be off to the home of the tubular bandage tonight, but girls numbers one and two are awol due to the weather (it is always worse in Oldham than the surrounding area) but there is a lithe, supple and very spritey young lass, who is always worth a visit, and she's made it in. Luckily I have my sensible head on, a ten mile drive home or a fifty mile round trip to Oldham, and while the time spent there would be a delight, I may not be able to find my car when I came out.
Common sense prevails, I wipe a tear from my eye, and with a shrug of the shoulders, make a courtesy call to tell them I will not make it this evening, and head home.
» Guinness, murder and prostitutes (Go to post)30-11-2010 @ 19:44 
Wigan said:
Don't think he is resting Ped, I think he is working to earn pennies to finance a trip over to see you!!!

Then I forgive him

12345678910 ... 988989990 ... 11821183118411851186118711881189119011911192

You are here: HomeForumFatpete → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions