REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 197 guests
You are here: HomeForumrichardduce → View All Posts

View All Posts: richardduce

12345678910 ... ... 3839404142434445464748

» deadlift (Go to post)20-02-2010 @ 21:59 
This is is what i like about strength sports. The truely best in the game want to compete against their nearest competitors. No rubbish. AndyB is willing to take on all with or without suits/belts whatever by the sound of it. Good on you all. I hope it is quite an event.
» So how many times a year do you compete? (Go to post)15-02-2010 @ 11:02 
LukeC said:I think three is a good number for pl, maybe more if you do bench only.

This allows a good amount of training plus comp build up.

I was thinking along these lines too (3/4 meets per year). Could doing a lot of meets possibly hinder a lifters progression with the PL lifts?
» I Think Im Turning Chinese (Go to post)13-02-2010 @ 18:26 
Post Edited: 13.02.2010 @ 18:28 PM by richardduce
Kelvin said:Am

snatch work( hang snatches, full, power snatch)
all working on technique.
(im getting pissed off with the snatch at the moment things just arnt happening)
Angry

cleans
60x3
70x3
90xF
100xF
100xF
(its all in my head, because its 100 im trying to row the bar. s**t!)Angry

Pm
Front squat
100x 2 x 6

Bench,DB row

How did those fronties go? Are you down on monday at 7am? It would do you good to come down as much as you possibly can with the juniors on the horizon. You are definately getting a bit more Chinese with the am and pm sessions mate!!!
» I Think Im Turning Chinese (Go to post)05-02-2010 @ 22:44 
Kelvin said:
is it on with it been the masters this sat?
Confused

Certainly is. We are down at 8.30 if you fancy it.
» I Think Im Turning Chinese (Go to post)04-02-2010 @ 10:28 
Are you training on Saturday fella?
» I Think Im Turning Chinese (Go to post)31-01-2010 @ 09:15 
Hi Kelvin it is Rich from the Wakey club. Like what i said yesterday your jerks looked very strong. I predict a 70/100 in the not to distant future for you. Keep working hard fella. Well done.
» Shops that actually stock weightlifting shoes. (Go to post)29-01-2010 @ 18:07 
Carl said:pullums polish ones, awesome

Do they still sell these? Cant seem to find em on website. Very good shoe.
» BELTS (Go to post)26-01-2010 @ 21:41 
dan302 said:http://www.pullum-sports.co.uk/accessories/powerlifting-belts/...

i bought this one and its great, thick, solid leather well worth a look.

s**t that your belt got nicked, is it a big public gym or a little one where everyone knows each other? even more s**tty if it was someone that you kinda know.

I have one of these and they are good. Excellent value too.
» WTF bench press?????????????? (Go to post)24-01-2010 @ 18:04 
mikeyp said:I haven't got a clue about equipped lifting but it just doesn't appeal precisely because of lifts like this. All that aside though you've got to admit he's got some guts (no pun intended)!! to get under a bar that would probably kill him if the spotters didn't catch it in time, looks like he's using a false grip tooEek

I like IPF standard equipped lifting. The american mickey mouse federation stuff is a joke though. High squats and dodgy benching. Who are they trying to kid?
» WTF bench press?????????????? (Go to post)24-01-2010 @ 17:55 
In this federations rules do you need to pause the benches like in the IPF or is touch and go allowed? Because if the rules state pause the bench they are blatantly not doing it. I dont think the lock out was convincing either.
» Squat Progression (Go to post)16-01-2010 @ 17:02 
IainKendrick said:
You can run bench and deadlift with it. Remember the squat % are based on 1RM-15%. Off course I forgeot to do this and am in week 5 atm Happy

Thanks for that Iain. Sorry to be nosey but how are you structuring your benching and deads off the back of the twice a week squatting?
» Squat Progression (Go to post)16-01-2010 @ 15:23 
With the Russian Masters squat routine how would you incorporate a few presses and pulls? Could you do a third session a week doing steady maintenance presses and deads just to keep them going or would you ditch them for the 16 weeks altogether? Quite interested in giving this a shot in the future.
» Whats wrong with my squat? (Go to post)02-01-2010 @ 10:39 
Could doing wall squats with a pole help him to arch his back more?
» Another 1st PL meet question (Go to post)18-05-2009 @ 21:26 
Thanks everyone for there help. Yes it is the South Yorks meet Barrie!! You have not confused me at all (or so i think). Some really helpful stuff from everyone for which iam grateful. At least i know iam racks out now. I will measure our stands and take that measurement to the meet and have a play about with the settings on the racks there beforehand. Better get the tape measure out!! Thanks again to everyone for there help.
» Another 1st PL meet question (Go to post)18-05-2009 @ 20:35 
Post Edited: 18.05.2009 @ 20:36 PM by richardduce
This may be a silly question but i will ask anyway. Iam doing my first pl meet in a couple of weeks and have read through the IPF rules and regs and i think i get the jist about what goes on. The question is about the height of the squat stands during the squat part of the meet. Do you have to state at the start of the meet what height you want the squat stands/rack setting at for your squats? This is a dumb Question i know but i just want to be sure about all this. Thanks all.

12345678910 ... ... 3839404142434445464748

You are here: HomeForumrichardduce → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions