REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 96 guests
You are here: HomeForumWigan → View All Posts

View All Posts: Wigan

12345678910 ... ... 447448449450451452453454455456457

» There's nothing like a Snatch... (Go to post)19-10-2007 @ 19:59 
Originally posted by IainKendrick...
Good stuff. Are you a Warriors fan?[/quote

Not Wigan born and bred so not really arsed about the rugby thing. Lived in Wigan the last 7 years or so, it's a nice place to live, the kids have grown up here, i call it home and am proud to do so, hence the moniker. I do like pies though!!!!!
» There's nothing like a Snatch... (Go to post)19-10-2007 @ 19:56 
Friday 19/10/07

Been a funny week, felt at a bit of a loss all week after the excitement of lifting at weekend in the Adders 50th anniversary celebrations. Not sure what to do tonight, maybe just a few power cleans and a bit of messing about.

Alan hears me and LittleA discussing what to do tonight, "What's that Jeff?" he says "352 clean and jerk?" he says..... and with those few words i now have direction for the night, it looks like i'll be going for a 352lb (160k) clean and jerk. And this is where training with Alan is top notch. Left to my own devises i would have messed about but Alan steps in takes over and a nothing workout is flipped on it's head!!!!

Clean and Jerk
50 x1 x3
70 x1
90 x1
110 x1
120 x1
130 x1
140 x1
150 x1
160 xF Hard clean, and on empty for the jerk so it was dumped
Not bad considering i squatted on Wednesday and up till a week and a half ago my PB jerk was 147.5, a lot to be happy about even though the 160 eluded me

Clean Pull
160 x3
180 x3
180 x3
180 x3

What now??

Bench Press (yeah you heard right)
Still troubled with a bad shoulder that will let me do anything except bench???? Been on the anti-inflammatories for a week or so, lets see if it's any better. Keep to a narrow grip
70 x5
80 x5
90 x5
100 x3
110 x3 misloaded (actually 105)
110 x1 loaded right but shoulder says that's enough for today sonny!!!! looks like Mr Shoulder is still fooked, happily only for benching

Db Front raise 4x10
Db side raise 3x8

Good old chat with DrRick, plotting his PB route to Christmas, and off homeski for a good tea and a good old romp with Mrs Wigan no doubt.

Over to the Dungeon tomorrow to visit Mr Mills and try out his Strongman equipment, should be fun, hope i haven't done too much tonight!!!! Naaaah it'll be alright!!!! Looking forward to it!!!
» There's nothing like a Snatch... (Go to post)19-10-2007 @ 19:33 
Cheers Titch, more bulls**t and less training, not a good start i'll try harder!!!!!
» There's nothing like a Snatch... (Go to post)19-10-2007 @ 19:33 
Thanks for the welcomes lads, much appreciated.

Firstly a correction, in my intro i said i stopped lifting in 1991, i was lying, i must've just stopped recording my results 'cos my middle child found an old medal in her junk box this morning and on it is engraved NWC Senior Champs 1993 1st place, so i must've still been lifting then, oops.

So the lay off was a mere 13 years not 16, sorry for the mistake.

As for what i was doing in the wilderness years, as Andy pointed out, breeding was one. Although i did keep up the weights to an extent, i was always a member of a gym, but nothing more than general weights nothing heavy.

Always fancied another bash at lifting but there was never anywhere to do it. Last year stumbled across Muscletalk and LittleA, hooked up and was persuaded to get down to Adlington and never looked back, best thing i've done for years!!!! Happy Days!!!!!
» There's nothing like a Snatch... (Go to post)18-10-2007 @ 22:46 
Thanks for the welcomes guys!!!

Jonny, who said i'm going to log the strongman session???? Although if it goes well i suppose i will!!!!
» There's nothing like a Snatch... (Go to post)18-10-2007 @ 22:01 
Post Edited: 13.10.2008 @ 21:26 PM by Wigan
After some persuasion from certain individuals I have now decided to give my training log a new home. Previously on MT I will now continue logging my prgress here on Sugden. Good bunch of lads on here so why not?

Bit of background first:

Weight: around 110-112K

Those that know me already know that i am one of the lemon fresh ones. I trained seriously in my youth with LittleA, and about twelve months ago came back after a 13 year lay-off.

Started Oly training in 1984 and trained and competed through to 1993, reached national standard but no further, packed it all in when i got married and settled down, silly bas***d!!!

Between 1984 and 1993 achievments were:

Five times NW counties Champion

British Junior Champion 1988 (100k class)

Placed in the top three in 4 other British Championships

Placed in the top three in 4 English Championships

Best Competition lifts:
Snatch: 140k
Clean and Jerk: 175k

Best training lifts:

Snatch: 142.5k
C&J: 180k
Clean: 185k
Squat:255k
Front Squat:192.5k

Bodyweight for all lifts was around 100-102k

Since coming back July 2006

Train 3 times a week at Adlington under the watchful eye of Alan Fairclough, train most of the time with LittleA, and in the company of FatPete, DrRick, Ste Turner and other top lads. Adlington is second to none and is the reason i'm enjoying being back so much!!

Bodyweight: 110-112k

Snatch: 120k
C&J: 155k
Clean:160k
Squat:220k x2
Front Squat: 175k

Still a way to go to get up to where i've been before but it's looking promising!!!

Thanks for dropping in, watch this space!!!!!
» Inspirational poo's (Go to post)18-10-2007 @ 20:39 
I work in an office off around 700 respectable civil servants but a couple of years back there was a spate of demonic s**tting and other toiletry extravaganzas in the ladies loo's that left them in a right two and eight.

These started off with s**tes on the floor, prgressing to it smeared on the toilet seat, and later on still smeared on the walls and door. The series of poo-foolery culminated in a used tampax being apparently swung around the cubicle spattering t**t blood all over the place and then the tampax being left on the floor like a disembowelled mouse!!! This led to all 400ish women in the office being herded off in groups for a good talking to by the office manager. f**king hilarious few months, women were feared of going for a piss / dump in case they were accused of being the phantom!!!!!
» Mills busters inc (Go to post)16-10-2007 @ 22:26 
Looking forward to it. Be gentle with us novices though hey!?!!?!?
» Keys to sustainable progress (Go to post)15-10-2007 @ 20:45 
A lot of things, many of which have been mentioned already. Add to this list, attitude and enthusiasm, much of which can come from the environment in which oyur training, training partners, coaches, but most of all from within. The epitomy of this type of focus, enthusiasm and attitude is the like of Tony, banging out the training week in week out on his Jack Jones, no-one to feed off, no coach nothing just him and the bar, takes some doing
» Rise of the Clam (Go to post)14-10-2007 @ 14:10 
Joking aside A, i have to echo all your comments about what yesterday meant and say that it was, is, and always will be a pleasure to train with you. And be sure of one thing, the 400lbs will go and will go soon, maybe too soon for me to give you a real race to it, but i will be there and chasing and that can only be a good thing.

Excellent lifting mate!!!!
» Rise of the Clam (Go to post)14-10-2007 @ 14:07 
f**k all that emotional guff, what we really want to know is was Shal Jodie Foster last night??? And did the lotion go in the f**kin basket?!?!?!?!?!?
» SB meet & challenge, 13th of October (Go to post)14-10-2007 @ 10:11 
Looks like some solid lifting by the Sugden boys, PB's all over the place. Apologies for not being able to hang around and see the lifting, but the 50th anniversary celebrations took over. Excellent day had by all, and something that we should already be thinking about doing again. Well done everyone, days like this is what this game is all about, respect to you all!!!!
» G.F.H. - Vegan Style (Go to post)14-10-2007 @ 09:58 
Nice lifting Joni, PBs a-plenty. Good on you for coming up with the idea for the day in the first place as well mate, it went down a storm!!!
» Sparrow Legs Strongman Training (Go to post)14-10-2007 @ 09:50 
Excellent lifting Millsy. Very strong indeed. Impressive powercleans in particular, and if that was the first time snatching then hats off to you mate. Once again impressive stuff!!!!
» Sparrow Legs Strongman Training (Go to post)11-10-2007 @ 21:30 
Power cleans weren't bad Millsy lad. Rob was about right in his comment, try to get set tighter before you start. Arse down a bit more, back flat and tight, shoulders over. A decent starting position will pay dividends for sure

12345678910 ... ... 447448449450451452453454455456457

You are here: HomeForumWigan → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions