REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 175 guests
You are here: HomeForumWigan → View All Posts

View All Posts: Wigan

12345678910 ... ... 447448449450451452453454455456457

» How much pain do you live with?? (Go to post)07-11-2007 @ 21:20 
I keep hearing talk of avoiding injury, deloading, training in comfort zones, etc etc etc; and wonder if we really have gone soft.

There is, in my opinion, an unavoidable amount of pain involved with each and every branch of the strength game, and wonder how much each of us routinely puts up with on a daily basis and how we deal with it.

For me:

Bad knees - pain getting up and down from the floor, getting in and out of the car, and getting on and off the crapper.

Bad wrist - severe pain when warming up on both snatch and cleans.

Bad shoulder - have been told i have in inpingement which means i am unable to bench press, i have severe pain when moving in and out of certain positions in daily life

How i deal with them:

Bad knees - stretching on non-training days, glucosamine, anti-inflammatories; but basically just put up with it

Bad wrist - grit my teeth and bare it and hope i warm through it which usually happens once past 100k on both snatch and clean...ouch

Bad shoulder - booked in for physio, if unsuccessful then possible surgery, don't bench press

Now i'm not advocating training whilst injured etc etc, just wondering how many of us have pain we have just got used to or deal with. Or is it just this daft old t**tConfused
» Rise of the Clam (Go to post)07-11-2007 @ 21:08 
Nice lifting tonight A, impressive three with the 160, a f**kin good fighting set!!! And don't forget that was after warming up with a 160 C&J!!!!! FFS!!!! (for f**k's sake!!)Grin
» The Assassin (Go to post)07-11-2007 @ 21:06 
Quality lifting again there Rick, yet another PB. Be interesting to see what single you hit when the time comes!!!!

For a second, i was aghast to see no mention of the lemon fresh stuff.... then i remembered you mentioning moving it to Fridays after the 500 pull fell!!!!!
» There's nothing like a Snatch... (Go to post)07-11-2007 @ 21:03 
Originally posted by jonnymills...
Top jerks Jeff! was it 2 sets of 3 or 3 sets of 3 with 137.5kg? either way it's great stuff!

How do you find these on the wrists?

Cheers Jonny. It was 3x3 with the 137.5.

Wrists were absolutely fine, no pains at all. They have been a lot better since Alan had me bring my grip in an inch or so either side.

The first two reps were cushioned down by Andy and Alan, and i drop the 3rd one behind neck to re-rack
» There's nothing like a Snatch... (Go to post)07-11-2007 @ 19:59 
Wednesday 07/11/07

Early start, early dart tonight. Been off work the last couple of days as the middle Wiganette has been ill.

Arrived at Adders and heartened to see LittleA's motor on the carpark, good stuff!!!!

Big Ste is just finishing off his squats, LittleA warms up for our jerks from racks by building up to a 160 c&j, WTF!!!

Jerk from Rack
70 x3 x2
100 x3
120 x3 consult Alan on what my working sets should be with this week, i was thinking perhaps a tad more than last weeks 130, "303" says Alan... quick calculation... 137.5!! WTF!?!?!??
130 x3
137.5 x3 x3 ... never doubt Alan!!!!

Happy with these, going quite well!!! Alan then tells me i need to be looking at 150x3, fair comment...."In the next few weeks"... WTF that's the 3rd of the night!!!

Clean Pull
120 x3
160 x3
200 x3
200 x3
200 x3
Not bad, not brilliant but not bad!!!

Packed Adders tonight, great atmosphere, some great lifting going on!!!!
» Weightlifting Greats!!! (Go to post)06-11-2007 @ 21:30 
Originally posted by jonnymills...
Originally posted by Wigan...
Joe f**k off!!!Angry Confused Unhappy Grin

The smileys indicate that i am mad at you being a c**t, confused at why you insist on trying to slate Oly Lifting (stinks of insecurity to me), sad that you cannot be a nicer person, and happy that although a maddening, saddening, confusing t**t, you are still my friend... a f**king stinky one at that.

Oly Lifters are the dogs, and powerlifters are alright too... it's the rest of the fcukers we need to watch out for!!!!Wink

HEY! The videos were nice Jeff, and I've not got a bad word to say a about Olympic lifters (apart from that they don't deload, don't eat enough protein and they don't have chests), but you need to take that back!

Now you know i would never badmouth my SM brothers, as Andy says you are almost lemon fresh!!!!
» Weightlifting Greats!!! (Go to post)06-11-2007 @ 21:29 
Originally posted by mishima...
Great collection Jeff! The Krastev's one doesnt work though, and thats a shame!Wink

The Krastev clip is working now, cheers Mish
» Weightlifting Greats!!! (Go to post)06-11-2007 @ 16:42 
Joe f**k off!!!Angry Confused Unhappy Grin

The smileys indicate that i am mad at you being a c**t, confused at why you insist on trying to slate Oly Lifting (stinks of insecurity to me), sad that you cannot be a nicer person, and happy that although a maddening, saddening, confusing t**t, you are still my friend... a f**king stinky one at that.

Oly Lifters are the dogs, and powerlifters are alright too... it's the rest of the fcukers we need to watch out for!!!!Wink
» Weightlifting Greats!!! (Go to post)06-11-2007 @ 14:13 
Originally posted by little_a...
Originally posted by Joni...
watched that Naim Suleymanoglu slo mo vid

you need to. you wouldnt see much in real timeWink

He'd still get a bollockin off Alan for not coming out of his clean first time though!!!!

The jerk was near perfect however!!!!
» Weightlifting Greats!!! (Go to post)06-11-2007 @ 10:27 
Originally posted by Rob...
Excellent stuff, does Taranenko have the all time world record C&J before they 'erased' all the old records?

I think he does. I don't think they actually erased the old world records, just changed the weight classes and started afresh, although i may be wrong.
» Weightlifting Greats!!! (Go to post)06-11-2007 @ 09:50 
Post Edited: 06.11.2007 @ 21:28 PM
Following on from JoeB's thread of Powerlifting greats, here are a few Lemon Fresh greats

Juri Zakharevich, probably my favourite lifter of all time. 210 snatch at 110 BW

Leonid Taranenko, one of the best Superheavies ever

Naim Suleymanoglu - pound for pound the best weightlifter of all time

Vasily Alexeyev perhaps the best known weightlifter of all time, and one of the greats

235k press, pretty good, and don't forget he had to clean it first

Alexeyev again, 255k clean and jerk world record.... back in 1976!!!!

Antonio Krastev - 216k world record snatch

David Rigert - 222.5k clean and jerk, 90k BW. This lift was done in 1976 and would have taken the world title at 94k in 2007. Some lifter!!! He is now Russian coach, and you wouldn't mess with him!!!

All great lifters, and there are many more...

No clean and jerk suit, no snatch shirt, just a man and the bar on a platform!!!

» The Assassin (Go to post)05-11-2007 @ 20:40 
Nice squatting Rick, sorry i couldn't hang around to see them, kids and all that you see.

Another PB bites the dust, 200k for Christmas?????
» There's nothing like a Snatch... (Go to post)05-11-2007 @ 19:37 
Post Edited: 05.11.2007 @ 20:06 PM
Monday 05/11/07

Arrived at a very cold Adders. Handed Ste Turner, "that thing" that i had borrowed, even in a room full of people that he has lent "that thing" to many many times, he still manages to look both shifty and furtive as he stashes "that thing" in his towel round his neck!!!! Brief conversation with the man tells me his blood test results for "that liver thingy" are due in on Wednesday, he squatted tonight but not too heavy, and if i want any more of "that thing" type stuff he'll sort me out. God bless that there Turnermator, he is top man!!!!

After de-loading all weekend, i have said goodbye to the IMS, DOMS, and even the TKS has subsided somewhat. New programme, week 2, yum yum...

Power Snatch from hang
50 x3 x2
60 x3
70 x3
80 x3
90 x3
90 x3
90 x3 mission accomplished for tonight, that is all that was planned for tonight... go on then, put a bit more on for a sneaky single. "Alan, what do you reckon? Do one with 95", "Yeah" says Alan "One f**kin set of three", that told me
95 x3 not bad... "Do it again" says Alan
95 x3 that's me done then... "Are you doing one more set then?" says Alan "Oh right... ok" is my response..."Right then" says Alan "Put a bit more on for the last one!"
97.5 x3 And with that i really am finished

Squat
70 x5
115 x3
160 x3
180 x3
200 x3
200 x3
200 x3

Press
50 x5
60 x3
70 x3
80 x3
90 x3
80 x3 x3

Good little workout, Alan made me do more than was planned, which is always a good thing. Onward and upward!!!
» G.F.H. - Vegan Style (Go to post)04-11-2007 @ 21:45 
Well done on the performance Joni, nice video too mate. Not sure about the music choice though
» Sparrow Legs Strongman Training (Go to post)04-11-2007 @ 21:40 
Well done Jonny, good performance there mate

12345678910 ... ... 447448449450451452453454455456457

You are here: HomeForumWigan → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions