REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 214 guests
You are here: HomeForumWigan → View All Posts

View All Posts: Wigan

12345678910 ... 424425426 ... 446447448449450451452453454455456

» Hayden - Leaner, Faster, Stronger!! (Go to post)02-03-2008 @ 19:51 
Good lifting Hayden, moving nicely on the overhead and looking strong on the old deads. Well done!!!
» There's nothing like a Snatch... (Go to post)02-03-2008 @ 19:50 
Cheer Carl - all the best people have a deadlift PB of 250!!!

Tony - fairly pleased with it, only the third time i've deadlifted in the last 6 months to to get a pb isn't bad i suppose

Rick - I'm sure you (and Andy) are quite right, i just need everything to click on one, or maybe tow or three, nights and the confidence will be regained and hopefully i'll be away!!!
» Sugden Classic: Saturday 1st March (Go to post)02-03-2008 @ 11:03 
Well done to everyone. A superb day full of excellent lifting and an atmosphere second to none. A credit to everyone there!!!!!
» There's nothing like a Snatch... (Go to post)02-03-2008 @ 11:00 
01/03/08

Sugden Classic

An absolute brilliant day with lots of excellent lifting. The day was a true credit to Adlington and Sugden. Atmosphere second to none as usual. In fact one lifter who has competed at top international level reckoned the atmosphere was a match for any comp he's lifted in, including the World Champs, praise indeed.

My lifting didn't go according to plan so won't dwell on that, although i came away with a PB deadlift.

Clean and Jerk
150 Pass
160 Fail (missed clean WTF)
160 Fail (missed jerk, oh dear)

Deadlift
240 Pass
250 Pass PB

and left it at that

As i say could have and should have gone better, no excuses, better bext time!!!!!

Enjoyed the company of a good few of the lads after the comp, including our very own jet-setting international friend Mishima, a pleasure. Was driving so had the pleasure of watching Alan, Andy and Mish doign some serious damage to the local supply of Guinness. A good day all round!!!
» There's nothing like a Snatch... (Go to post)02-03-2008 @ 10:54 
Cheers for the invite Tony, if i've ever got 8hrs spare to do the round trip i'll take you up on that!! Grin
» No longer fat but still a gay, Scottish all round cunt (Go to post)01-03-2008 @ 11:57 
Lemon fresh stuff seems to be going well Tony, good stuff
» Sugden Classic: Saturday 1st March (Go to post)01-03-2008 @ 11:55 
Alex said:
I shaved mine as well.

Well, most of it.

You've shaved most of your conkers?? I suggest you finish before lifting

I too shall not be wearing a hat!!!

Asda was busy this morning
» Sugden Classic: Saturday 1st March (Go to post)01-03-2008 @ 11:30 
I have shaved my conkers
» Sugden Classic: Saturday 1st March (Go to post)29-02-2008 @ 22:37 
Oh, and a word of warning. Big Phil has been appointed platform manager for the day, and with that responsiblity comes that of chief shouter. Those of you that don't know Big Phil will after tomorrow. You'll be fine, just dont miss a lift on his platform!!! Wink
» Sugden Classic: Saturday 1st March (Go to post)29-02-2008 @ 22:35 
Well, the stage has now been set. Alan has a running order all set out and we're ready to go.

No more last minute cry-offs please folks.

Good luck to all those lifting tomorrow, and well done needs to go to Rob for coming up with this most splendid of ideas!!!

See ya'll tomorrow!!!
» Scared of getting old?? (Go to post)29-02-2008 @ 22:29 
Post Edited: 29.02.2008 @ 22:29 PM by Wigan
There was a time when reaching your 30's was seen as the beginning of the end for anyone taking sporting activity seriously. I myself have heard a number of "young" lads talking of ther concerns of getting older, and such things as what long term damage they may be doing by hammering the weights quite so much?!?!?

With this in mind I had a look around and came up with these four case studies, draw what conclusions you like from them:

Case Study 1

Olympic Lifter - starts his lifting career at 11 years old, competes almost from the outset and attains national honours are various age categories and bodyweights, becomes a full blown international and finally retires in his mid-late twenties.

After an 8 year lay-off he starts back, and within 3 years is setting all time PB's in most lifts and is injury free, in his late thirties.

Case Study 2

Powerlifter - gains national honours and breaks UK all-comers bench record at 250k. Benches 500lbs RAW in his early - mid 20's in 1986. Finishes competing but remains training throughout. Is currently in his late 40's, can still bench 500lbs RAW, and still setting all time PB's (eg.300lb military press x 3). Trains consistently heavy and is injury free.

Case Study 3

Olympic Lifter - starts training at 14, competes through to being 21 and gains national honours. Retires at 21 to settle down, and although continues general weight training, doesn't do any Oly lifting for the next 15 years. Starts back serious training and within 18 months is up to almost 90% of his big lifts all-time bests, and is setting all-time bests on some exercises (eg deadlift / press). He is now pushing 40 and virtually injury free (save some annoying niggles)

Case Study 4

Powerlifter - does general weight training for around 25 years and at 50 decides to get serious in powerlifting. Within 3 years he is British M2 Champion, and breaks the British Squat Record that was previously held by a highly respected career powerlifter. Improvement continues, he's now in his early 50's and also is injury free

Still scared of getting old? These guys and many more like them are changing the attitude to aging!!!

One thing these people have in common is not physiological or scientific, it is in my opinion, attitude, nothing more. They worry not about what injury might happen, or what imbalances there may be in their diets, they just worry about where the next improvement will come from.
» Situations Vacant (Go to post)28-02-2008 @ 20:36 
PMSL

Just look at the job spec, what the expectations and experience required are, look at the aims, and then get to the punchline 6-8 days PER f**kING YEAR!!!! guff-f**king-faw!!!!!!!Grin

Someone is havin a larf!!!!!!
» 5 is the magic number (Go to post)27-02-2008 @ 17:42 
Seeing as these load of bas***ds are piss taking calling you weak, not bad deads and push presses mate
» Rise of the Clam (Go to post)27-02-2008 @ 16:19 
little_a said:

Thats true, but in fairness there are other variables.
1) You retired at around 20/21 first time round, making most of the above at junior level (how many 315's will be done at junior this year?)
2) This was late 80's early 90's when weightlifting around the world (& nationally/ regionally) were a world away from what it is now.
3) How many of those medalists above you were internationals/ CW games/ medalists
4) Although your comment is true it never stopped you, slowed you down or scared you.

It was f**king hard being an also ran in those days, and thats where the sport has lost it.

Good points as always A, i suppose retiring at 21 i was 4 years away from a peak and come to think of it the lads i was placing 2nd and 3rds in the British(s) were the likes of Mark Thomas (Commonwealth Games Gold), Andrew Saxton (Commonwealth G medalist), Andrew Callard (Commonwealth G Gold), Peter May (Commonwealth medalist?) so i was in good company LOL

All good fun and maybe i wasn't that bad after all Grin
» Stupid Pre-Lift Rituals (Go to post)26-02-2008 @ 21:49 
Fatpete said:
i don't have any

You have many Pedro, you just havent seen them!!!! Bert has a few as well

12345678910 ... 424425426 ... 446447448449450451452453454455456

You are here: HomeForumWigan → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions