REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 223 guests
You are here: HomeForumJimLifts → View All Posts

View All Posts: JimLifts

» Predictions: WUS Bahrain Strength Island 13 March (Go to post)15-03-2021 @ 22:54 
Good to hear that all athletes f**ked over by idiotic plate loaders and other mishaps had their scores corrected. A lot of issues but I'm sure worse has happened at WSM, plus this was live tv. Mark B seems to have the right attitude at least!
» Predictions: WUS Bahrain Strength Island 13 March (Go to post)13-03-2021 @ 14:31 
I might not be a pro strongman, but the organisation was shameful today. First event messed up instructions, second event flag got chewed up and instructions again, 3rd event dangerous and allows for tyre-bouncing, results all over the place and no Tom on the final results. OH and it's in a car park of all places. More money but a big step back for reputation. Angry
» Predictions: WUS Bahrain Strength Island 13 March (Go to post)12-03-2021 @ 23:04 
Any pictures of the flag hoist around? Still trying to picture it but it sounds like the old "barrel on a rope" hoist events
» Impressive social media lifts (Go to post)03-11-2020 @ 13:08 
So we have a WSM competitor with under 50 subscribers pulling 500kg on a trap bar...thought he could do with some recognition! Gabriel Pena:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGd-oqe2piA&ab_channel=GabrielP...
» Impressive social media lifts (Go to post)01-11-2020 @ 15:05 
Ok, so to put things in perspective here's Khaled compared to Felix. That really brought it home for me, although Mark has the age excuse should he ever choose to use it!

Khaled: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzLm8SBoKe0&ab_channel=GripAlaw...

Mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5NYcFj0dvk&ab_channel=GripAlaw...
» Impressive social media lifts (Go to post)21-07-2020 @ 23:29 
Also LR's 425 x 2. How does the list of stronger guys compare now?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCEqw7sAnJo/
» coronavirus (Go to post)21-07-2020 @ 23:23 
WILLSAN said:how many confirmed cases of people you personally know do you know of?

I know I'm not a known figure on here, but I know 7 personally. 2 were in hospital - one was a 27 year old ex winter olympic athlete that was very unlucky and the other in his 50s with some underlying issues (both now out). The rest are a combination of colleagues, family and friends, all of whom had symptoms (hence tests). They're better but I wouldn't say back to normal - most are now less fit than you would expect from 1 - 2 months off exercise.

Agree that masks seem silly to be brought in so late, but Corona is a roll of the dice - some have no symptoms, some react extremely badly and some don't seem to catch it at all despite regular contact with the infected. I don't want to take the chance personally!
» 400kg Deadlift For Reps - Pritchett vs Heinla (Go to post)21-06-2020 @ 17:36 
410x3 by a 23 year old that's only been in the sport a short time and you can't be bothered to watch it? What??? Why are you still on this forum if that doesn't excite you? Eek
» Luke's big log (Go to post)16-05-2020 @ 17:49 
212.5 wasn't hard, but there was a wobble at the top in the arms i think...hope I'm wrong and he gets 230!
» Luke's big log (Go to post)16-05-2020 @ 17:39 
Post Edited: 16.05.2020 @ 17:40 PM by JimLifts
192.5kg nice and easy. 212.5kg next
» Impressive social media lifts (Go to post)17-03-2020 @ 23:01 
Also, Luke Richardson pulling 400 x 3 on an axle for near speed reps. Give the man a texas bar already
https://www.instagram.com/p/B92LEehAxqa/
» Impressive social media lifts (Go to post)17-03-2020 @ 16:26 
Pikefingers said:I keep seeing what appears to be a new raw bench record (349 KG) on Instagram, but I’ve not seen anyone mention it here, so wondering whether there’s a reason why? Not a sanctioned meet? Suspected fake plates? Just general bulls**t?

Probably because J.M. is far from done (800 lbs before long?) and he's spoilt us with constant record-breaking lifts. He needs to make it look harder to impress us!

Wink
» Training Truck Pull (Go to post)16-03-2020 @ 20:17 
Thanks all for the advice, lots to go on. I actually found a local place today with a 3.5t land rover with deflated tyres that will be a good start - as you said it's not really weight but resistance. Then again who knows which competitions will go ahead as of today's government advice.
» Training Truck Pull (Go to post)14-03-2020 @ 23:48 
Question for all the experienced guys on here: I have my first strongman competition coming up (Coronavirus allowing) in a few months and event 1 is an 18t truck pull - how do I train for it?
Does sled pushing carry over? Do climbing shoes actually help? Should I "hump the harness" for the first pull? Can you predict results based on your deadlift/squat numbers?
Just looking for general advice/bulls**t to convince me I have a chance after watching many guys in WSM heats fail with lighter trucks...cheers.
» Koklyaev vs A. Emelianenko (Go to post)12-10-2019 @ 23:36 
If that's what happens with a hat, I don't fancy Koklyaev's chances lol. It's not impossible for strongmen - Marius managed to transition to MMA, but I'm pretty sure he knew the ropes (or cage) beforehand. Pretty sure he could dodge a hat too.

You are here: HomeForumJimLifts → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions