REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 222 guests
You are here: HomeForumFakeinjury17 → View All Posts

View All Posts: Fakeinjury17

» Clean living (Go to post)14-09-2018 @ 22:45 
AdamT said:
Nice one. My brother teaches chemistry and maths. He likes teaching.
If I had of behaved at school, I think I would of liked to teach.

Never too late, I’ve just switched to teaching following 12 years doing something very different. Daunting but worth it.
» Clean living (Go to post)14-09-2018 @ 22:44 
scruffmcbuff said:Since my last comp in august last year ive transitioned from a 24 stone roidsmith to clean and still 24 stone.

Ive lost no weight not a single biscuit. And before a horrendous car crash in june i was still deadlifting 300+KG and benching 140kg for reps.

It wasnt easy. And i did crash HARD. I had to use a specific route of PCT. (Which seeing as our Overseer Rich pointed out rules ill leave out details) But.... it worked. I look a bit softer and my traps no longer touch my ears.
No more pip is nice and i dont sweat out a shirt before ive left the house anymore.

Id probably go back on one day. Who knows!

Credit to you and it obviously shows it can be done and my fears are very likely unnecessary.

The end to random sweating sounds a very decent side of clean training!
» Giants live final (Go to post)14-09-2018 @ 10:42 
Which Lalas is it?
» Clean living (Go to post)14-09-2018 @ 10:39 
matthewvc said:The difficulty in getting TRT in this country is another example of how male-specific health takes a distinct back seat (women get estrogen replacement with little hassle). This is despite a whole raft of health issues associated with chronically low testosterone. The difference is enormous between here and US, where testosterone (and gh) are prescribed like candy to older men, even those without any real hypogonadism but just looking to feel youthful again.

I agree. Watched a couple of documentaries where TRT does not seem to carry the stigma it does here. I know it’s self inflicted but it would be good to be able to have a sensible dialogue with a doctor.
» Clean living (Go to post)14-09-2018 @ 10:36 
Rick said:Since the question's arisen:

Clear rules: don't talk about dosages; don't overly promote use (talking about why you made the choices you made is fine); don't talk about sourcing drugs; don't libel anybody.

Fuzzy rules: don't be a c**t. Arbitration on this point is basically my opinion.

There is one god, he built this place and his name is Rob, and Boar and I are his prophets. We'll tell you if you're f**king up. You aren't.

People hardly ever get banned, or even suspended, here. That's mostly because, apart from occasional outbreaks of childishness that bring out the day-job in me (teaching), people here are decent.

Understood and apologies.
» Clean living (Go to post)13-09-2018 @ 21:23 
Post Edited: 13.09.2018 @ 21:25 PM by Fakeinjury17
Jrlekha said:A few of my friends who use have similar feelings to you, what it comes down to is:

-Is training the most important thing in your life above health, finances, family,relationships?

-Do you have a goal that requires use?

-Does using negatively affect your mood therefore negatively affect your life?(I.e - more snappy, depression etc)

Think of those 3 and make a decision accordingly,

As far as gains go, I don't know you'll probably lose abit of strength and muscle that you can probably gain back after years of training.

Thanks for the post response and questions within it, certainly very valid food for thought. I’m lucky in that use of gear has never messed my head mentally, I’m laid back and stuff never made me have sides like that. Kidney ache and sweating yes, aggression no.

Training is certainly not my number one priority, my partner, career, and even cat are more important. But it’s the main hobby and outside activity that I do.

I think there is an element of insecurity and possibly cowardice in my not opting to go off. Who wants to admit that to them self. It’s probably true though.

I’d hate to have another stroke and explain to my daughter I wanted to be a bit big and that’s the reason I’ve disabled myself.
» Clean living (Go to post)13-09-2018 @ 21:16 
The_Lone_Wolf said:If you've been smashing the um bongo and now want to live a cleaner life, then moving down to TRT would be a good choice. Coming off without a suitable plan and meds will be a huge crash and change.

I assume like most people that have used in the past, you have never informed your Dr? Getting TRT subscribed in the UK is often very diffcult, and most choose to self medicate. Some Dr's if you get a good one, are helpful, but the process is long and slow.

The question you need to ask yourself though is, "Why am I doing this?" and then "Do my goals moving forward match those reasons?"

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Really good points. I think you’re right, I used to train with comps in mind and wanted to do as well as I could and would do and take anything with that in mind. Used to think I was hardcore but was more than likely annoying and a wally as I wasn’t that good. I was the bellend whose Facebook statuses were crap cliches about pain being weakness leaving the body.

A stroke later and probably a bit wiser and I just really like training now as well as being in the gym. And if I’m being honest I train also as I never want to be small again. Not sure I could hack mentally going back to 70kg.

After I had a stroke I raised TRT with my doctor but their response was framed more in the way you’d talk to a heroin addict so I didn’t pursue it at the time.
» Clean living (Go to post)13-09-2018 @ 21:08 
Post Edited: 13.09.2018 @ 21:08 PM by Fakeinjury17
The_Lone_Wolf said:
What rules?

I’m not sure of the forum rules so apologies if writing on any subject in error.
» Clean living (Go to post)13-09-2018 @ 21:05 
AdamT said:Are the totals you posted your highest ever?

Lift-wise no. Pulled 295kg, squatted 240kg and benched 180kg unequipped. It was 2014 and 2015 though. I was on silly doses then, silly silly and a lot heavier to boot.

Didn’t put them on my profile as it was so long ago I felt like that nobhead who talks about how they used to be great at football back in the day.
» Getting old.... (Go to post)13-09-2018 @ 21:01 
Do you train naturally?

I’ve certainly felt age a lot more the past 18 months. Life seems to get in the way more definitely. I’m not surprised you’re tired as your job will involve a lot of walking and lugging.
» Clean living (Go to post)12-09-2018 @ 22:49 
Welcome people’s experiences on this matter.

I’ve been ‘on’ since 2012 and competed 2013 to 2015, never stopped training, took silly dosage 2013 to 2016 and now run test only at 500mg per week. Enjoy taking much less than the 20mil plus I used to and the pain of the supp cocktail, and interested in people’s experiences if anyone here has transitioned to fully clean or TRT.

No desire to become a pencil but no longer bothered about weighing 21 stone. Currently 16.5 stone fairly lean. Big fear is becoming a weak donut if fully off.

Delete if not appropriate subject matter of course.

Thanks in advance.
» How many people can pull 300kg in the UK + another bullshit question. (Go to post)12-09-2018 @ 22:44 
FAT_SAM said:
Wow strong bump haha
After a few years adapting to trt only I find now that I am about 10% stronger 'On' as opposed to TRT only. This is actually less than 10% on squat and deads but 20% on bench. There are more androgen receptors in the upper body, as I mentioned earlier in this thread.
10% is a lot if an athlete is already strong. I can squat around 370 off and 400 on.
Also, in my experience, and I have recently changed my opinion on this, a lifter that used heavily and then come off without TRT will be weaker than they were naturally everything else considered as test production never truly recovers. Trust me I know. If you bench 180 clean, Go on gear bench 240, then come off, you will not bench 180 naturally ever again without trt
If you use heavy amounts then come off no TRT you will always look skinny fat and spend your life swimming in a sea of your own b**ch tits, and never get back your natural shape and always struggle to get lean, if you choose to abuse drugs it means you will need to inject for life or look like a pear with a soft dick buried in an oestrogenic fat mound
This is the sad truth on this issue, a jab is for life not just for Xmas

I agree with this entirely.

How much TRT dosage can you get prescribed by a doc?

I’ve been ‘on’ since 2012 and whilst only on test en now am rather reluctant for reasons you articulate above to go fully off. Interested in TRT thoughts.

Thank you.
» Antidepressants and training (Go to post)30-08-2018 @ 17:14 
Have used either citalopram or fluoxetine since 2003, only sides were in first few weeks - feeling lethargic, but no negative impact on training. SSRIs don’t tend to be harmful like that imo.
» Gyms in Whitby (Go to post)26-08-2018 @ 11:03 
I’ll be in Whitby for a couple of weeks next month, does anybody know of any decent gyms there? Thanks.
» Ultimate Strongman Team Competition 2018 (Go to post)26-08-2018 @ 10:52 
Thank you Segou.

I don’t think Felix will ever age he will still be competing in 2050.

You are here: HomeForumFakeinjury17 → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions