REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 79 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumBrenWad → View All Posts

View All Posts: BrenWad

12345678910 ... ... 4243444546474849505152

» WSM 2016? (Go to post)27-07-2016 @ 09:48 
93hopkinsonr said:I do think Eddie can beat Shaw. On paper you would say Shaw would batter z with those events but it's always close between them. Point being the gap is never as big as expected. Eddie seems very confident and after that 500 I've no reason to doubt him

Comparing Hall to Z as a strongman is crazy talk. Z beats hall at everything bar deadlift 95% of the time. Shaw is way better overall than Hall, and has had the besting of Z the last couple of years, injuries aside.
» i need to choose a strength sport (Go to post)26-07-2016 @ 13:07 
Don't be scared to try different stuff in training. And don't neglect good old fashioned bodybuilding.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)26-07-2016 @ 13:04 
Benvie said:
Yes it's as good as any other giants live and possibly has a stronger field than some. However it is a far cry from the wsm final and I don't think making the podium will be as straightforward for Hall as some seem to think.
I reckon he will probably get on the podium but I don't think he will do so easily like a lot of others are suggesting. People will beat him on moving/throwing events and he won't make up as many points on the static stuff as he'd like with a few big static monsters missing from wsm this year.

Spot on. Of course he'll destroy everyone on the barbell events, nut he's not even the best brit moving ans pulling, let alone in Shaw or Thors league. I think Shaw will win by an embarrassing margin this year, with Thor a distant second,and Hall, Loz and Terry chasing for third.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)26-07-2016 @ 13:00 
Mikeneto said:I think you guys totally overestimate these guys potential to make money in acting.

Non of them can actually act. Non will be main roles, non have the look to make it in Hollywood as the main star.

They can play small roles in straight to ch5 movies...which I assume doesn't pay much.

WWE surely a better fit, especially with his persona of Viking berserker/hilarious shouting after events.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)26-07-2016 @ 12:58 
LaTuta said:
Should have just put that stupid squat suit on in 2014 and win wsm.
Then he could go on with his acting career.
But now i think he isn't up to winning it.

The ship seems to have sailed a bit for Thor. Must be really hard to peak when you have a lot going on outside of the sport.
» Phil Phister and his WSM win (Go to post)25-07-2016 @ 20:49 
matthewvc said:
samuelsson was benching 270kg for 2 reps and claiming 25" arms at a reasonable level of leanness in his video.
find it hard to believe that is achievable naturally, in particular the massive amount of muscle at relative leanness
(unless 'natural' means any anabolic hormones we make naturally... as in 3g 'natural' sustanon, daily 20 iu 'natural' somatropin and 100 iu of 'natural' humalog)

Samuelson was perhaps the first and last WSM winner who could benchpress more than he could deadlift.
» Jesse Marunde training log (Go to post)25-07-2016 @ 20:44 
Post Edited: 25.07.2016 @ 20:45 PM by BrenWad
Anniversary of his death, and came across this article http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/making-muscle-with-jesse-marund... outlining his training week-crazy volume and very athletic/explosive lift focused. Very different than how most of the top guys train today. Perhaps if he'd have stayed alive and competing the sport of strongman would have evolved more in line with his and Mariuszs approaches/physiques, rather than the static-centric and ultra heavy way it's gone.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)25-07-2016 @ 20:41 
dannyboy73 said:Lost my faith in Thor...is he the Lou Ferrigno of strongman now he has his film deal???
Hall, however...There is a man you can believe, that man's born all over. I confess sir.

The fact Thor's come in slinned uo to his bulging eyeballs-humongous- says he hasn't given up on being WSM, just a reality that he hasn't anywhere near the static power of Hall, and can be beaten by better athletes like Loz.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)25-07-2016 @ 20:34 
FAT_SAM said:
WSM 2015.

Let's hope his insane BW doesn't mean another pullout, as he surely has the best chance of winning he has ever had.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)25-07-2016 @ 20:28 
When was the last time Hall finished an elite international comp?

12345678910 ... ... 4243444546474849505152

You are here: HomeForumBrenWad → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2021 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto