Doesn't look too good

Shaw
Thor
Loz
Terry
Hall
» Smart clothes for jacked kunts (Go to post)01-08-2016 @ 08:51 
Post Edited: 04.04.2017 @ 14:48 PM by BrenWad
CAJ said:Curious to know where the bigger guys on here get decent clobber, particularly formal/smart casual stuff?

I don't mean f**king Jacamo or any of that big 'n tall s**te, I carry most of my 'wrong weight' around my waist and the rest of me is fairly jacked which means that standard larger sizes tend to fit like s**t also and don't really look all that flattering.

I have a couple of weddings coming up, nothing too formal and have gone down the tailored route for a shirt, impossible to find something with a 20" collar off the peg that didn't have a waist like a tent, just waiting on delivery and am hoping for a good fit as they took loads of measurements.

However for trousers I'm fairly stuck, I spend 100% of my time outside work wearing shorts as i just find jeans etc uncomfortable as they're always a s**te fit and so don't have a great deal of ideas where to look. High street shopping round my area is appalling.

Thinking I may have to go tailored for them too but most places only seem to take waist, hips, seat and inside length into account, I need something to fit my legs nicely without looking like a human windsock!
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)01-08-2016 @ 08:18 
93hopkinsonr said:I always think of sigmarsson taking drugs to the next level. How true that is I don't know. His documentary maybe played a part in my thinking

I think Sigmarson was likely using more drugs than Kaz, simply by looking at how bloated he became as he got bigger. It pales into comparison with the drugs used today. The records that have fallen have done so because of two types of gear-supportive and the other type-not because of any better class of athletes.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)01-08-2016 @ 08:16 
LaTuta said:
Thats what i am trying to say.http://www.sugdenbarbell.co.uk/forum/post/?id=24668&qid=13...
He looks weaker and in this starter field he doesn't look to good on the static events.
I mean come on lodz is easily hitting 5's with 320kg and there are many more.
I don't even want to mention eddie who squats 340 for 10 or so without even a belt and wraps.

This is such a good year for Loz and Terry.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)31-07-2016 @ 23:01 
Post Edited: 31.07.2016 @ 23:21 PM by BrenWad
93hopkinsonr said:It would be interesting to see how Kazmaier would have done with today's knowledge and 'supplements'. No doubt up there still

Prior to his pec tear he benched 660 raw, squatted over 900, deadlifted almost 900, raw. With modern elbow sleeves alone he'd be a 700lb bencher. He pressed 500 military, behind necked 450, all for reps. No doubt in my mind he'd be vying with Z and Shaw for WSM and Arnolds. The guy was a lean 330 at 6ft 3, something only Poundstone has managed. Combine that with his athleticism and speed, an injory free Kaz would be an absolute sight to behold. Add in the wonders of Insulin, Long 3-IGF-1, GH, plus the rest of the bootload of drugs available to the modern athlete, and we have a real bonkers specimen.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)31-07-2016 @ 22:56 
AdamT said:
Radz at 160-70, would be monstrous. Imagine what he could press!

I don't think 250 log would be an outrageous proposition.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)31-07-2016 @ 22:10 
drex50 said:Thor looks lazy to me

rellys mostly on drugs

He trains and comes across as a big lazy kid, spoiled by genetics, drugs and attention.

Pudz was a complete animal. He would do whatever needed to win. His 2008 victory over Poundstone epitomizes his never say die approach. Some people claim he wouldn't do well today, but I reckon he'd have adapted gotten heavier to win, just like Radz should do and treat us all to the sight of a massively jacked 160kg Radz smashing everyone.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)31-07-2016 @ 21:23 
scruffmcbuff said:
I feel this post got alot of bother. I see your point a man of 190+kgs shouldnt struggle with that weight but i wouldnt say hitting 325 for tripple was weak at all.

He was a stronger squatter at WSM two years ago than he is a cpl of weeks away this year.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)31-07-2016 @ 18:28 
FAT_SAM said:
I don't think anyone else will pull 500kg for a long long time.

Henry never had the pressing capacity to be in the same league as Z.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)31-07-2016 @ 15:25 
PaulSavage said:
Defo, he's doing s**te, best finish only second in the world at a really young age, terrible. Isn't paying off financially either with the millions he's making through acting. Needs to change his whole approach.

Trajectory-lost Euros, weaker in deadlift. His Press has gone up a small amount. Big difference in focus between acting and being WSM. He's chosen the acting. Good luck to him, but he's deffo on the downward slope.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)31-07-2016 @ 15:05 
LaTuta said:Just seen thors 325 x 3 squat with wraps.
Didn't look that easy.
How can such a big human being be so "weak" in squatting.
I remember our hicks doing easy 5s with 325 kg or so

Being that Tall has got to be a hindrance in the squat. Plus, he just hasn't taken strongman seriously this last year. He has also taken the short cut route of insulin mega use to gain size, and it has not paid off at all. The bigger he gets, the worse he becomes.
» Age is just a number in the strength/body game.... (Go to post)31-07-2016 @ 14:25 
drex50 said:
What u mean? Need a closer look on him to say..
except the pumpkin face, dry lips, swollen eyes, excessive fat around neck and underchin
cant say more...

I mean the insane fat gain, especially around the neck and head. The blood pressure problems. His inability to complete an elite strongman event. Yeah, he completed BSM, but let's be honest, that was a very lowly show compared to Arnold or WSM, and he's much heavier now. His tricep issues are not getting any better. His pressing exploits look great, but we have not seen a huge new Maximum from him in quite some time, and he failed the lift at the Arnold. I also think he's managed to achieve a level of Torso growth and limb shrinkage that we wouldn't expect to see unless a person was using massively excessive amounts of supplements.
» Age is just a number in the strength/body game.... (Go to post)31-07-2016 @ 13:00 
drex50 said:he wont give up until winning WSM

Hall is one crazy sick motherf**ker

10 grams a week minimum

Minimum dose. He won't be able to continue until he wins WSM. Just look the the effects of his ten yr cycle already.
» Age is just a number in the strength/body game.... (Go to post)31-07-2016 @ 12:02 
drex50 said:
how long do u think Edd Hall will stay in the game with "balls to the walls" strategy every year?
i started thinking he's obsessed with his size and bodyweight gain
he's trying to be more fit at 190kg rather than drop 15-20 kilos and gain strength in longer period of time
kg to height ratio he's the biggest guy at the moment, frame wise he's one of the smallest
just ridiculous

I think Hall will do his best in WSM this year, finish 4th, and retire. He is on dangerous ground currently with bw and supplements usage. He really has taken weight gain to a crazy level. When you see him stodd next to Thor, Shaw, Burke and Z, you see that he just does not have the frame to carry 180kgs plus of bodyweight, hence why he performs so badly in moving events. The idea that he's gonna do well in a heavy truck pull because he's somehow super fit is preposterous He has the lungs of a 6ft 2 inch Englishman, against the capacities given by some sort of strength god to Shaw and Thor.
» Age is just a number in the strength/body game.... (Go to post)31-07-2016 @ 10:03 
Andy_f said:
But doesn't he compete loads, or at least used to? He must have been doing a comp every few weeks so when did he lose loads of weight/fat?. Never seen him looking anything other than massive and with a big power belly.

He didn't compete a lot during the early part of his career. He has also dropped a lot of comps in the last few years. Even at his peak he'd compete a lot in a short space of time, then take a long break from being so heavy.

12345678910 ... ... 4243444546474849505152

You are here: HomeForumBrenWad → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions