REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 81 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumBrenWad → View All Posts

View All Posts: BrenWad

12345678910 ... ... 4243444546474849505152

» WSM 2016? (Go to post)10-08-2016 @ 11:34 
Post Edited: 10.08.2016 @ 11:34 AM by BrenWad
KevC86 said:Thor seems to be taking a lot of flack here. Its worth noting he only lost europes because of a bad performance in one event, and that event isnt in WSM this year.
He also pulled the biggest deadlift of any of the europes competitors (he was only beaten by those who were just there to deadlift).
Add to that the fact that he is capable of beating Shaw on half the events in the final and i dont see how anyone can be expecting him to struggle this year.

He'll take an easy second to Shaw, with Loz or Terry a long way back in third.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)09-08-2016 @ 23:20 
The_Lone_Wolf said:
He doesn't have to battle Z though. Thor is a mixed bag, nobody knows what shape he is going to be in, especially after his shock loss at Europes.
Beta Shaw will take some beating, that is for sure, but it is not impossible that he slips up or gets injured. Hall is huge right now, the biggest he has ever been, and he claims to be fit and feeling great.
For years many thought he was immobile and could not move, but he keeps improving. He proved at Britain's he could shift so it's not like he is going to finish last at every moving event.

Fair points.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)09-08-2016 @ 20:19 
LegendHowes said:Are bren and drex boyfriend and boyfriend?

haha, deffo a potential Bromance.

In all seriousness, Hall has posted that he weighs 410lbs! That is massive heart attack territory for 6ft 2 man. Hope he makes it through WSM healthy.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)09-08-2016 @ 19:47 
drex50 said:
hes a freak bench presser but the way he benches he uses a lot of back and elbows are pretty close to the body, he might not be the best overhead presser if u think so based on bench press
also no idea how he squats

He deadlifts 400kgs very easily. He seems to squat 600lbs very easily for reps. The issue for him is-everyone loves the benchpress, and it gets a lot of attention and sponsorship. Plus, does he really want to wobble around at 180 plus kgs like Hall, breathing like he has half a lung just walking to do an event??
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)09-08-2016 @ 19:45 
MJG said:
Hall has improved massively at most events since 2012.
Last in super yoke in his heat in 2012. 4th in the final in super yoke in 2015.
in 2012 he had power but terrible at all moving events. These days he's top 10 in the world at just about anything.

He has not improved to be able to challenge Thor, Shaw or Z in any of the moving events, and is gassed out throwing kettlebells. He's essentially a power-lifter trying to be WSM.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)09-08-2016 @ 18:58 
drex50 said:
He will smash the log record next season.

He could very easily smash Sarychevs bench record also if he trained for it. The man has pistons for arms.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)09-08-2016 @ 18:57 
drex50 said:
why only deadlifting
he failed 190 log at ESM 2012
He wasnt impressive at all before slin abuse.

I agree about insulin abuse. I do think you've overlooked how young Hall is, and how impressive he was for his age in 2012. If he'd taken the Z route of steady development, well rounded, health conscious, then he'd be a real threat to Shaw this year imo.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)09-08-2016 @ 18:54 
Mikeneto said:I doubt it is vanity...it is rather - prepared to dangerously risk his health.

But i reckon if he hadn't got injured this year 440kg deadlift and 220kg log would have happened. He won't be losing much points with those so probably better to stay leaner and accept losing points on truck pull.

I think it's more a case he likes banging the legions of gorgeous polish birds he seems to have around him constantly lol
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)09-08-2016 @ 18:44 
drex50 said:
I don't think so.
Radz is more impressive physique and strength wise at 150 than anybody else. Hall is no where genetically gifted as Radz.

Hall's physique in 2012 was seriously impressive. The extra weight has only improved his deadlifting.

Radz is the freak of the elite strongmen, 110% agreed. If he wasn't so vain, he'd be the WSM.
» 'He's ok' (Go to post)09-08-2016 @ 17:56 
PeteHodgson said:That columbian (and most of the 62's) are huge. Except...they're not really cos they weigh 62. They must be unde 5 foot to look that muscular at that weight.

I don't think many are much past 5ft 2ish
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)09-08-2016 @ 17:26 
beza said:Gutted for Benni, love his Facebook posts though "B found the canteen" lol

He's like a strongman/powerlifting version ofD wayne Johnson-all about positive stuff and hilarious.
» Age is just a number in the strength/body game.... (Go to post)09-08-2016 @ 17:20 
ChrisMcCarthy said:
I "know" Dave, in the sense of having had some e-mail correspondence with him over the years, and am very familiar with the Term and how it is used.
I've never really bought that the "massive" guts sported over the past twenty-odd years is due primarily to any type of organ growth, but is rather down to the years of heavy eating and that the training required to get huge legs and hold 250lbs plus in contest condition is actually more than enough to cause a great deal of mid-section expansion in most people - not everyone is Brian f**king Buchanan.

I really Like Dave Palumbo and his RXmuscle stuff.

I don't see the big guts=equals organ growth thing either, and agree it's huge food consumption, combined with low fiber diets. Huge anabolic use does tend to lead to chronic inflammation of the gut area in my experience, but this is a temporary as opposed to permenent phenomenom.

Brian Buchanan, now there is a name that should be better known-absolute freak!
» 'He's ok' (Go to post)09-08-2016 @ 17:17 
dannyboy73 said:when I was watching yesterday...

i was amazed at the lower/middle lat development of one young, slim american gymnast who happened to take his top off... it was like he'd stolen the bottom half of Franco's lats!

The Colmubian fellow who won gold in the 62 kg class was jacked out of his mind! Built like a bber al day long. Lats were enormous and proper detailed. He must have ansolutely boiled himself to get under 62kgs. Really moving win for him, as he took his shoes off and left them on the platform after his final lift to signify retirement.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)09-08-2016 @ 17:14 
BigMacca said:Benni is out!

He's been in hospital for the last couple of days after an insect bite on his elbow got badly infected.

Poor show that mosquito!

It's fine though, cos the mosquito has since become jacked as f**k, and is entering in Benni's place.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)09-08-2016 @ 17:12 
FAT_SAM said:
160-170 maybe...
150 is a bit light with how heavy the competition nowadays.
To be fair Hall would probably be shredded to f**k at 150kg and look like Poundstone.

Hall would be an absolute monstrous sight at anything around 150kgs! Poundstone on...steroids lol.

12345678910 ... ... 4243444546474849505152

You are here: HomeForumBrenWad → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2021 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto