REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 83 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumBrenWad → View All Posts

View All Posts: BrenWad

12345678910 ... ... 4243444546474849505152

» WSM 2016? (Go to post)12-08-2016 @ 09:49 
hixxy1985 said:
i dont think radz will ever get near it myself.
Hes always been an amazing presser. But improvements have been slight if any past few years.

He's also immensely prone to injury.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)12-08-2016 @ 09:48 
FAT_SAM said:
Agreed.
He locked out 220 strict last year. Just passed out before he stood up straight BUT his arms were locked.
If they offer him 50k for 240 log he will do it.
No one else in the world can strict press 220 IMO
I did 170 strict log once and people were like holy s**t when are we gonna see you on WSM lol... I'm just a fat powerlifter... Hall is on another level!

It was an easy looking lift as well.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)11-08-2016 @ 19:36 
dannyboy73 said:No!
That would be Jon Pal.
Its not about who is the strongest, fastest, best record...its about who has the most hart and who can win over the people.
Z is the greatest...of current times - I agree and a likeable chap Happy... but not of all time. Its like comparing Arnie to Yates or whoever is Mr O nowadays?
Shaw ...leaves me cold tbh. Anyone except Shaw...
Dont know about you all...bloody excited for this to commence Happy Goona be an exciting comp.

Sigmasson was a great showman, but he wouldnt have beaten Kaz before his pec and back issues. The weights these guys lifted were laughable. Mariusz is the closest legend to the current crop, and perhaps he could have adapted to compete by becoming heavier and taking even more gear and coke-if that's even possible-but the Z and Shaw era is leagues ahead of the rest.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)11-08-2016 @ 19:34 
KevC86 said:
Just not accurate. At no point has ed looked close to catching Zs log record, never mind sticking 10kg on it.
As ridiculous as Eds static power is, his inability to push press will always hinder him at the very highest level.

Hall has sacrificed his Log on the altar of a 500kg deadlift. Push pressing has nothing to do with it. Hall can strict press more than anyone. The idea he cannot push press because of some patella issue is rubbish-if he had f**ked knees he wouldn't be banging out super heavy squats. He's a strategic thinker. He saw the furor surrounding Benni's questionable 1015 deadlift and decided to put all his eggs in the 500kg deadlift. Can't blame him. He's way more famous than many of the ppl who have WSM trophy. He'll be the Kevin Levrone of WSM.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)11-08-2016 @ 17:04 
unit94 said:Ed hasn't done any pressing as impressive as what Z did with the axle in 2010. No one has

If hall stopped f**king around killing himself with the deadlift we'd have seen a 240log from him by now. The deadlift has ruined his body and all round performance.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)11-08-2016 @ 17:02 
drex50 said:
Again I don't think so. Strict axle pressing 208kg X 2 ASM 2010, squat in wraps 440 x 2, front squat 350kg X 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1fetzWzgQw
nobody beats that, even 500 kilo deadlift

I just disagree. Nobody has thrown epic weights around like Hall has. He's the sort of guy who would beat everyone at every powerlift, gym lift and bro lift by a good margin.

Z is stronger all round in strongman comps, in better shape and in same league as hall in static strength,bar deadlift.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)11-08-2016 @ 16:59 
AdamT said:
Z is the king. Gradual strength built over a long successful career. The best ever. I'm a Shaw fan as well, but Z is still the best overall strongman ever.
Most World record ever. Most Arnold Classics ever. And most overall 'World's strongest man' titles. He won two with the other crowd, didn't he??

He's the best ever for sure.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)11-08-2016 @ 11:34 
Mikeneto said:
Worst final in modern times...4 out of the 6 events were appalling.
Run with a tyre in sand with one arm...so beach race
OH medley that was laughably easy...bemusement on strongmen's face
Keg toss...where being too strong was a disadvantage
Stones silly light with awful loading platforms
Squats...16 reps won(cross fit numbers)...questionable squats...some athletes wearing suits others not, giving a ridiculous disadvantage.
5/6 actually ...complete s**t.
Shaw's truck pull was by far the most impressive thing of that final...you could tell he was raging at the organisers for making such a dog s**t final.
The thing is Z was in his best form ever and performed amazing at the Arnolds and would have been great for the world to see one last amazing performance from him.

I don't think we've his last amazing performance. He looks huge and in shape. If his back heals he'll win another Arnold and WSM
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)11-08-2016 @ 11:29 
drex50 said:
Hollands is stronger and bigger naturally
Mariusz responds to drugs tremendously
here comes the difference
also Terry Hollands looks to me to be pretty conservative with drug usage

Terry is a truly enormous man. He has his own gravity field.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)11-08-2016 @ 11:28 
drex50 said:
Z was 190 kilos at ASM 2010.
For me his version in 2010 and 2014 ASM is the strongest man ever. Especially pressing.
I believe he was stronger than Hall at the moment, except deadlift.
And his overall in much better condition, never seen him pass out after truck pull or another moving event.

The 500kg deadlift is so much beyond what Z ever got near to. Add in how good he is pressing, not just log, but axle, viking, strict,bench,inclines,dumbbells etc, plus how easy he squats huge weights for reps, and he's stronger than Z. Z is way more rounded as a strongman. Statically and in a gym, Hall is unbeatable.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)10-08-2016 @ 15:39 
LegendHowes said:Terry will struggle to make the final

Everyone always overlooks Terry. He had a poor Europes, but he was not cut out for a stupid 3hr event. Multi day events at WSM are his forte.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)10-08-2016 @ 14:40 
Post Edited: 10.08.2016 @ 14:45 PM by BrenWad
SteBennett said:
What like when he did Brits and sailed through. Or like someone already said what about z?!
It's only 2-3 events a day I'm sure he'll be fine

Brits was an absolute joke of a competition compared to WSM, both in weights and in the pressure of competition, plus he's way heavier now.

Z has never been 410lbs at all, nowhere near it. Z is also a much larger person than Hall naturally. I have stood next to both of them, and Z is just a much more athletic man, with his enormous weight packed in a different way. Z has not gone from 20 stone to 30 stone in four years, and nor does he carry that sloppy fat all over his body like Hall. Z also does not have massive blood pressure issues, or insulin face.

I find it amazing tbh that people who seem so knowledgeable about strongman think that it's possible for somebody who struggles at moving events, and regularly requires oxygen after events, to somehow win WSM, despite failing to complete an elite level comp for a full year.

Like I have said, stick him in a powerlifting comp against the half squatting Lillibridge and co, and he'd destroy them after a short period of specialization-he's that strong. I also think the bench record would fall. He could likely raw deadlift over a grand also. He will not win the WSM in the shape he is in.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)10-08-2016 @ 13:43 
SteBennett said:
On what grounds? He's finished every other wsm.
Yes he's pulled out of comps after heavy deadlifts before but he always said his priority was deadlift world record and wsm. I'd say everything he's done has been working towards the big picture

Based on him being 6ft 2 and weighing 410lbs.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)10-08-2016 @ 12:26 
93hopkinsonr said:
You think terry will beat ed? I think eds miles head now.

I don't think Hall will complete the event.
» WSM 2016? (Go to post)10-08-2016 @ 11:36 
Andy_f said:
Which event did he perform badly in at Europes? I genuinely can't remember all the events to work it out.
So much emphasis was put on the deadlift the rest of the comp was somewhat overshadowed. I never saw a proper write up for the rest of the events.
I think they need to change the format next year to keep its strongman identity. Yes have a dead lift but get rid of this deadlift champs thing and make all events equal.

Spot on. Hall pulled an amazing lift-granted-but Loz won a hard and heavy event to become the strongest man in Europe, but who even knows that after Hall's amazing lift??

12345678910 ... ... 4243444546474849505152

You are here: HomeForumBrenWad → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2021 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto