REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 299 guests
You are here: HomeForumTekken_Player → View All Posts

View All Posts: Tekken_Player

» 820kg from the Brits (Go to post)19-01-2018 @ 15:56 
Geezas a f**kin beast XD
» KORTE 3x3 (Go to post)19-01-2018 @ 15:46 
So I was doing some reading the other day and stumbled across this training programme.

While it’s a bit too advanced for myself at the moment and I have my own routine (from a member on here) it did raise some questions.

Korte says do 6-8 sets of bench and 5-8 sets when it comes to squat and dead, but without being retarded, what does this mean? Exactly how many sets etc? If Someone done the bare minimum for example 6 sets for bench and not 8, would they still progress? Are you made to feel less stellar than someone who does 8 sets?

It looks a great programme, as I say a bit too advanced for me at the moment.

Can Anyone explain this?
» Squat advice (Go to post)03-09-2017 @ 20:30 
At the end of my tether trying to properly master the squat.

I've watched multiple YouTube videos, read Starting Strength, studied high and low bar, everything.

When I try to low bar squat, (inside of a rack) my shoulders are tight and I cannot get the bar on my scapula for low bar. When I try to high bar squat and break at the knees, it just feels so f**kin awkward. Low bar feels more natural by hip hinging first.

So would I be able to place the bar "high bar" style on top of my neck which feels much more comfortable for me and "low bar squat" by l hinging at the hips etc, in essence creating a hybrid? Has anyone else done this etc?

Rippetoe says in SS to use high bar until shoulders loosen up, but then that's contrary to the rest of the squat section, with diagrams etc with the bar lower and over mid foot.

Part of me wants to f**k the exercise off altogether and just do barbell hack squats instead but I just wanna back squat!
» Olympic bench (Go to post)27-07-2017 @ 17:51 
I've been offered a beauty of an Olympic bench for really cheap, a commercial grade one from a friend. However, my current set up is a York fitness bench (the grey one that adjusts height etc) inside of a power rack...

Does anyone know if an Olympic bench will fit inside a rack, so I can use the safety pins? I know it prob ain't ideal but it's been a while since I've treated myself, if it's a no go then I'll have to pass :-(
» Sheiko (Go to post)24-07-2017 @ 09:05 
Good old Boris!
» Sheiko (Go to post)24-07-2017 @ 08:39 
I'm using a method of lifting given to me from a member of here, but I have a question about Sheiko.

Ok, so on Sheiko "37" the workload is 10 sets of bench press (each with their own percentage accordingly) then it goes to squat for 5 sets and then BACK to bench.

Does anyone know why the programming is done that way? Is it important? Surely having a bar loaded up with weights, taking it all off, squatting and then reloading back for bench is a bit silly, or is it?

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but there must be a reason why it's written like that?

:-)
» How much can you eat? (Go to post)25-02-2017 @ 13:59 
Two big daddy box meals from
KFC and a mini fillet burger washed down with a bottle of coke is one of my achievements, albeit nothing compared to some of you boys lol
» Does it bother you.... (Go to post)16-02-2017 @ 14:11 
Wiegieboard said:
And anyone who bothers enough to criticise you isn't worth your bother.

Haha cheers pal
» Does it bother you.... (Go to post)16-02-2017 @ 14:11 
I suppose there is no way of getting around it, if ur fat then u r fat, but can be strong AND fat like someone said. I haven't had much look in with any birds since the extra weight gain and that also comes down to what someone else said about the muscle mag like physique, it's a shallow world lol. I do however, have satisfaction when I get on the bench in my gym and push what the majority of the roided up disco boy lifters can't manage despite being "ripped" and "cut". You get a strange look between disbelief and admiration lol
» Does it bother you.... (Go to post)15-02-2017 @ 18:13 
Haha thanks bud
» Does it bother you.... (Go to post)15-02-2017 @ 17:43 
Being a big strong man, but having a gut and feeling a bit podgy in clothes and people looking at u thinking you probably don't lift?

Or do you just smile to yourself and just don't give a f**k?

I ask because I've packed on strength the past year thanks to some sound advice from a user on here; but I've also had to buy a bigger shirt and jeans tonight and I'm meeting up with a load of family I've not seen in a while!!

Expecting a fair few fat jokes lol, how do YOU or would you deal with it?!
» Making the grade (Go to post)30-01-2016 @ 10:02 
Hi all, new to the forum.

Started strength training based on copying the 5 X 5 strong lifts program. Workout A is bench, squat and barbell rows. Workout B is squat, deadlifts and overhead pressing.

Since my main lift is bench and I want to increase it the most, I'm confused on how to train anymore. I started doing 5 X 1 heavy singles about 2 weeks ago of 130kg, since
my one rep max is 140kg, which I can't achieve consistently. Someone said heavy singles training is best, some disagree. Some say 5x5 is frowned upon and doesn't work. Some say it does.

My personal best is 140kg bench, 120kg squat and 140kg deadlift. I know they might seem laughable to most members on here but I'm going to be honest instead of making up numbers. It is my hope that in being honest with you I will get honest advice.

A little about me, I'm 5'8, 17 stone, typical barrel chested endomorph. Nutrition is I eat whatever I want, although I do try to aim for 300g of protein a day and I won't hold back when it comes to sugary treats and junk food. I'm natural and have never once taken any gear. I love lifting heavy slag iron more than any other "train for the pump" and isolation exercises I wasted years doing. It's like something just clicked. I want to be a powerlifter.

I've been told by some lads in the gym in order to increase my bench I need to "dead bench", floor press and floor skull crush for tricep strength.

However in my current 5 X 5 workout routine which requires I workout 3 times a week one day off in between workouts, alternating workouts A and B, I can't find anywhere to incorporate the movements above.

If I do them on bench day, it's too much. If I do them on the other day my bench will suffer next workout, and if I devote a day to it then I'm only training the 5 X 5 once a week.

A friend has told me to do push pull legs, but that would mean training bench, dead bench, floor press, and overhead press all in one workout, barbell row and deadlift in another and then legs on their own; the workouts don't seem balanced, or are they?

Can anyone tell me what they'd do or how to prioritise the training with a focus on bench?

Thanks all
You are here: HomeForumTekken_Player → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions