REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 174 guests
You are here: HomeForumumpalumpalifter → View All Posts

View All Posts: umpalumpalifter

» Arnold's Ohio (Go to post)09-03-2018 @ 14:00 
Seems tacky and tacky towel is similar to knee wraps and knee sleeves.

Sleeves would be considered raw despite them assisting (7mm neoprene ones I mean) despite them doing similar things to a much lesser degree as knee wraps.

In the sport everyone knows raw with sleeves isn't quite the same as raw but accept the definition without being anal over it
» Impressive social media lifts (Go to post)06-03-2018 @ 20:14 
Hall's 210kg log looked relatively easy
» Arnold's Ohio (Go to post)03-03-2018 @ 21:06 
AdamT said:Thor 458 like nothing! He will break 500 in a suit soon.

On this type of bar? Personally it seems some lifters seem to.benefit from the elephant bar and some dont, don't know if you can extrapolate across to standard bar
» Arnold's Ohio (Go to post)03-03-2018 @ 11:28 
PaulSavage said:
So f**k up your career, lose a load of money you no doubt need with how expensive the prep was, let all your sponsors, team, training partners, family and of course yourself down and make all the work you and others put into your prep be for nothing, just to cheer on the other competitors?? There's no way you can stay 100% focused doing that, not even close, it's guaranteed you will do worse. Also just having that attitude in the first place is a huge red flag, during competition its time to go to war. Of course the rest of time its totally different (see recent video with caron for example).

Go to.war??? See I never get this, in reality what another competitor does for the most part irrelevant in strength sports, you pick a weight and you do what you can, granted another competitors score might give you a target but it's not directly impacting your performance like boxers etc
» Idiotic questions about getting leaner! (Go to post)01-03-2018 @ 08:17 
Post Edited: 01.03.2018 @ 10:55 AM by umpalumpalifter
Another interesting point regarding leaness

Terry Holland's current condition, most probably would say he is very lean (he is in decent shape) -actually 12-13% according to dexa scan

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfwjaL0BugM/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfvEE3xggzm/
» Idiotic questions about getting leaner! (Go to post)27-02-2018 @ 20:25 
JackRevans said:I would also like to add that going from about 25% bodyfat down to about 13% was one of the best decisions of my life; however going from about 13% down to what was probably less than 7% and then trying to stay there was not good at all.

7% is shredded glutes category and staying there would never be healthy.

Personally I find weight comes off my face really quick as soon as I drop Weight. By the time I get down to 7-8% territory I am almost skeletor just with a big nose
» Impressive social media lifts (Go to post)19-02-2018 @ 11:35 
The_Lone_Wolf said:
Who thinks he will lift a 230kg log come the big day then?

If he does people will just say it was rigged to favour him
» Ancestry tests (Go to post)16-02-2018 @ 11:54 
I would like to think I'm a fairly modern person whose outlook isn't racist/bigoted - but having said that I think I would top myself if I found out my lineage was Welsh
» The biggest bullshit in strength :- either equipment, diet or advice ? (Go to post)08-02-2018 @ 11:58 
slow_lift_joe said:How much bulls**t is out there today with so called experts on the internet
to the latest novelty fad to some crazy diet.

My BS list is as follows :-

Equipment :- Suspension Straps and Wellness Gym Balls, please spare me.
Diet/Food :- Supplements :- Come on surely what a pricing joke and a complete con in most cases.
Program Advice :- Internet experts, I have done the program/s and these are the pro and cons and how I would improve it, these Mr expert types drive me insane.
Plus no decent print media on strength/powerlifting just glossy brand driven fitness magazines and internet experts with no proven achievements or recognised certifications.

My point is the strength/fitness/muscle industry is now a cash cow and a glossy public relations con. To understand strength you need to get to grips with the basic principles and know the genuine accomplished talent and coaches out there.
Plus the same for sports nutrition.

Please give me your views.....

Happy

One person's bulls**t is another person's tool.

Suspension straps/rings I've used loads as ancillary work and liked some of the benefits it offers.

Protein powders and carb powders care a handy convenience tool to help stay on track diet wise.

Door way pull up bars helped me hit a bodyweight plus 40kg pull up and hit twenty bodyweight pull ups.

Think it depends on use more often than not
» Impressive social media lifts (Go to post)08-02-2018 @ 09:11 
danbaseley said:Dimitar Savatinov squatting 375kg beltless.

Eek

https://www.instagram.com/p/Be6CA-9HcrB/

I like the fact his socks and head pattern match
» Freezing egg yolks? (Go to post)06-02-2018 @ 16:41 
b_rex said:
I just wonder what the egg white manufacturers do with those yolks. Pretty sure they don't have magic chickens which lay yolk-free eggs. Hopefully they're partnered with custard companies or something.

Mayonnaise companies more likely
» Losing the chub (Go to post)02-02-2018 @ 20:27 
Think it depends on how much fat you have. I was 94kg and went down to around 81kg which would be classed as beach body lean. Didn't lose any strength on big lifts and relative strength shot up.

I went down to 74kg dry weight (on stage bodybuilding lean with shredded glutes) and strength was hit hard.

Same diet of counting calories but it was the extent and extreme of the weight loss which had the Impact.
» Britain's Strongest Man 2018/Giants Live GB (Go to post)28-01-2018 @ 19:48 
Any one of the view that maybe this contest was close because Hall was at 80%?
» Strongman on TV (Go to post)03-01-2018 @ 07:37 
Pikefingers said:Does anyone else think that the new era of super heavy athletes and super heavy events is a bit extreme? Seeing multiple competitors needing oxygen after events, crashing out at the end of events (eg. Loz and a few others on squat) ... and Thor’s half-paralysed face (a mini stroke?) made me feel that organisers had gone a bit too far in creating a spectacle of extreme strength just to entertain the viewers. I actually think some people will have been turned off by it. I even found myself wincing a few times during the squat.

Otherwise fantastic coverage. Great to see some coverage of the history of the sport too.

Maybe 2018 is the right time for another evolution in strongman?

Interesting watching the classic finals on 5spike channel and seeing tons of the competitors having oxygen after events back in 1980. The same complaints regarding events/weights etc has been there from the start.

Thought this year the balance was of events were right - three static, three moving. The argument of it favouring Eddie could also be reversed and say in.the past it to heavily favoured fitter but less stronger guys. Glenn Ross comes to mind, dominated British but always struggled at worlds where smaller fitter British guys did better
» Strongman on TV (Go to post)01-01-2018 @ 20:18 
What the f#!k was going on with the Georgians traps at the end - looked like individual bulges trying to burst out his back/neck like a scene from alien

You are here: HomeForumumpalumpalifter → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions