REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 29 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumumpalumpalifter → View All Posts

View All Posts: umpalumpalifter

» Cheating in sport or just getting an edge ? (Go to post)01-04-2018 @ 10:06 
RebeccaRoberts said:Lets just say if he ever said that in my prescence it would not end well for him.

Its that kind of attitude thats holding back womens sports.

Chauvinist pig.

Think I must be a chauvinistic pig too. Luckily despite everyone trying to make prize purses equal the thing which is telling doesn't change -viewing figures. Look at Wimbledon, the two finals don't compare as people aren't as interested.

The only way to make things equal would be to only have one open class in all sports with winner taking all.

As soon as you opt for divisions, whether it's
*weight
You are automatically admitting you aren't the best. Sport in its basic format is always about finding the best - that's why the heavyweights in boxing take the biggest prizes.
» Cheating in sport or just getting an edge ? (Go to post)29-03-2018 @ 07:02 
Fatpete said:In my humble opinion a gentleman should not only play sport but he should play it in a sporting manner. If you cannot be open and honest about everything that you do then you shouldn't really be doing it.

Think it goes out the window when it's professional - if your livelihood depends on it then anything goes
» Cheating in sport or just getting an edge ? (Go to post)29-03-2018 @ 07:01 
KevC86 said:I dont see why you think Arnies reputation could be damaged because he used drugs?? Drugs are not against the rules in professional bodybuilding so why would they matter?

Read the ifbb rule book -'it actually states drug control in it as I had a disagreement with a naive bikini competitor who was using this to justify it being drug free.
» Impressive social media lifts (Go to post)28-03-2018 @ 08:51 
Mikeneto said:Z at it again...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg1oWzLBwVQ/

At minimum that is 210kg, which is great.

Is it me or does he never seem to lock out his right arm lately?
» BW Every minute for 24 hours. Can it be done? (Go to post)25-03-2018 @ 11:36 
unit94 said:It was at the start of one of the vids I didnt watch much, they held up a sign saying hes banked 5 reps and I was like nope that doesnt count

Don't most 24hrs records have scheduled breaks - pretty sure Guinness world records have rules like that built in
» Impressive social media lifts (Go to post)21-03-2018 @ 09:27 
SteBennett said:
Yea jerks are the log equivalent to sumo

If Z or Eddie jerked a 250 log would everyone feel cheated?
» Impressive social media lifts (Go to post)17-03-2018 @ 11:04 
drex50 said:
This lift makes me say no way he can do 230. Its seated and more like a high incline press.
As Hicks said he looks to be around 220 at the moment. So 230 is a huge task.
And why the f**k there is a competitor who trains with the log replica and other dont.

You.mean like Shaw using replicas of Arnold events? Surely it's just being prepared?
» Arnold's Ohio (Go to post)09-03-2018 @ 14:00 
Seems tacky and tacky towel is similar to knee wraps and knee sleeves.

Sleeves would be considered raw despite them assisting (7mm neoprene ones I mean) despite them doing similar things to a much lesser degree as knee wraps.

In the sport everyone knows raw with sleeves isn't quite the same as raw but accept the definition without being anal over it
» Impressive social media lifts (Go to post)06-03-2018 @ 20:14 
Hall's 210kg log looked relatively easy
» Arnold's Ohio (Go to post)03-03-2018 @ 21:06 
AdamT said:Thor 458 like nothing! He will break 500 in a suit soon.

On this type of bar? Personally it seems some lifters seem to.benefit from the elephant bar and some dont, don't know if you can extrapolate across to standard bar
» Arnold's Ohio (Go to post)03-03-2018 @ 11:28 
PaulSavage said:
So f**k up your career, lose a load of money you no doubt need with how expensive the prep was, let all your sponsors, team, training partners, family and of course yourself down and make all the work you and others put into your prep be for nothing, just to cheer on the other competitors?? There's no way you can stay 100% focused doing that, not even close, it's guaranteed you will do worse. Also just having that attitude in the first place is a huge red flag, during competition its time to go to war. Of course the rest of time its totally different (see recent video with caron for example).

Go to.war??? See I never get this, in reality what another competitor does for the most part irrelevant in strength sports, you pick a weight and you do what you can, granted another competitors score might give you a target but it's not directly impacting your performance like boxers etc
» Idiotic questions about getting leaner! (Go to post)01-03-2018 @ 08:17 
Post Edited: 01.03.2018 @ 10:55 AM by umpalumpalifter
Another interesting point regarding leaness

Terry Holland's current condition, most probably would say he is very lean (he is in decent shape) -actually 12-13% according to dexa scan

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfwjaL0BugM/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfvEE3xggzm/
» Idiotic questions about getting leaner! (Go to post)27-02-2018 @ 20:25 
JackRevans said:I would also like to add that going from about 25% bodyfat down to about 13% was one of the best decisions of my life; however going from about 13% down to what was probably less than 7% and then trying to stay there was not good at all.

7% is shredded glutes category and staying there would never be healthy.

Personally I find weight comes off my face really quick as soon as I drop Weight. By the time I get down to 7-8% territory I am almost skeletor just with a big nose
» Impressive social media lifts (Go to post)19-02-2018 @ 11:35 
The_Lone_Wolf said:
Who thinks he will lift a 230kg log come the big day then?

If he does people will just say it was rigged to favour him
» Ancestry tests (Go to post)16-02-2018 @ 11:54 
I would like to think I'm a fairly modern person whose outlook isn't racist/bigoted - but having said that I think I would top myself if I found out my lineage was Welsh

You are here: HomeForumumpalumpalifter → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2019 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto