REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 88 guests
You are here: HomeForumremco51092 → View All Posts

View All Posts: remco51092

» 163kg bench press and 100kg OHP (Go to post)18-04-2015 @ 02:31 
Today I set two PB's!
I improved my bench PB with 0,5kg but it was 2 years old! So i'm finally pressing constant 160kg easy! Today I did a solid easy 161kg and a grinder on 163kg Roll-Eyes

Now the road is free for getting real pbs again Grin

» 205kg Squat, 150kg Powerclean and 150kg behind the neck pushpress (Go to post)18-04-2015 @ 02:28 
Killelay said:Damn that explosiveness bro!!
How tall are you aswell. Look massive in that squat rack?

I'm only 1,89m and 118kg with 19% BF
» Shot putter starts logging (Go to post)17-04-2015 @ 17:00 
Post Edited: 17.04.2015 @ 17:03 PM by remco51092
For the people interested in following me more than only here!
I just made a athlete page on Facebook, gonna post pictures of my workouts and foods there. Videos and logging ofcourse here Grin

www.facebook.com/RemcoShotput
» Shot Put (Go to post)16-04-2015 @ 13:51 
McMuffin_Gains said:That kid is sickly strong. Benching 206kg for 4 reps without a spot - WTF!? Genetically gifted with great facilities to hand = Great success

Great facilities?
He used to train in his basement Tongue
Used to to jumps on statues and running on stairs just on the street Tongue

This kid made from everything he saw his own playground!
» Shot putter starts logging (Go to post)16-04-2015 @ 12:34 
Post Edited: 16.04.2015 @ 12:35 PM by remco51092
16th of april:

Hang Powerclean
5x120kg
3x125kg
2x130kg
2x135kg
1x140kg

Kept the weight a bit low, due to an injury I suffered 10 days ago while competing at the highland games. Someone threw a hammer on my shin. I can do everything without pain, but mentally I was weak Tongue

Safety Bar Squat
5x155kg
4x165kg
3x175kg
2x185kg
1x190kg(PB)
1x192,5kg(PB)

The 192,5kg SBS and the 140kg Powerclean are on this video:

After those to main exercises I did 5 sets of 12 rep Cable pull through Tongue
» Safety bar Squat (Go to post)16-04-2015 @ 12:30 
Post Edited: 16.04.2015 @ 12:58 PM by remco51092
This is my third or fourth time on the safety bar squat.
I did it after my powercleans(which i couldnt do for 2,5 weeks due to an injury i got while competing in the highland games Roll-Eyes

Put my last clean of the training session also after the Safety bar

» Shot Put (Go to post)16-04-2015 @ 12:28 
Wiegieboard said:Also wanting to know what the throwing training is like.
How many times do you throw in a session?

P.S. I'd love to see what kind of numbers you would punch on one of those punch bag machines in the pub!

Uhmmmm.
I throw around 10 standing throws, 15-20 semi full technique
20-30 full glides Happy

Hahaha, last time a hit a bag on holidays it was the maximum score

Tongue

And those videos of Jacko Gill are insane. He is the world junior record holder, however he became injured after his junior season. So i'm wondering when and if he can return!

He is an insane talent, who works harder than almost any one else! Nothing but good words about him Happy
» Shot Put (Go to post)16-04-2015 @ 07:51 
Fluffy_Dorky said:Looks like great fun.

Happy

kirkynick said:Is Rutger Smith still competing? He must me by far the best Dutch shot putter.

How long are you giving yourself to get to 18, then 19 and then 20 metres? And how strong will you have to get i.e. bench, squat etc?

Rutger Smith torn his achilles a few years ago and can't do shot put anymore. So he is making his comeback in the discus this year Happy

The best dutch thrower at the moment is Denzel Comenentia, the silver medallist at the world junior championships(18,87m with the 7,26k)

I give myself a few months to get the 18+ throws! Then I hope to end the season around 18,35-18,50m and then I want to get to the 19m in 2016
Tongue

If I think I'm behind on schedule with the goals I probably will start working full time, because we can't live from shot put alone Roll-Eyes
» Shot putter starts logging (Go to post)15-04-2015 @ 20:56 
HUGE_GUY said:
I guess it's not rained that bad near the summer? When i was there it rained heavy the whole day. I tried to use all the circles and my best overhead shot with 7.26kg is 19.02m, and my shot was landing in a big mess every time and i didn't bring a towel! But the deep puddle was only up to 10-16m...but was flooded for 8 days!
The bars for cleans are good, i equaled a pb there! I don't suppose you would mind telling me where you will be staying and price? I want to visit the place again, it was too cold to enjoy it over xmas.

Hahahaha that sucks!! I always bring my towells Tongue

I'm staying in hotel Dunamar and I pay 992(Included the rent for the track) for 15 days based on half pension. So only breakfast and dinner included
» Shot Put (Go to post)15-04-2015 @ 20:40 
kirkynick said:That explosion!

Wait till my competition season will start. Then I will be able to produce 100% speed. For me, this explosion is not that good
Tongue
» Shot putter starts logging (Go to post)15-04-2015 @ 19:48 
Today was a restday for me!
Just wrote some stuff for my master thesis and afterwards I went for a walk in the sunny weather. Before I went to the gym to work there, haha.

However I post a comment to show you this

Here are two throws from yesterday's shot put practice!

The first throw is a partial movement with my left leg almost completely straightened. The shot landed in this throw after 16,25m
The second throw is my full glide! It wasn't a good throw technically, but it landed after 16,90m which is in a practice quite far for me. I normally throw +1m on my training throws in a competition Grin
» Shot Put (Go to post)15-04-2015 @ 19:46 
Post Edited: 15.04.2015 @ 21:43 PM by remco51092
Here are two throws from yesterday's shot put practice!

The first throw is a partial movement with my left leg almost completely straightened. The shot landed in this throw after 16,25m
The second throw is my full glide! It wasn't a good throw technically, but it landed after 16,90m which is in a practice quite far for me. I normally throw +1m on my training throws in a competition Grin
» 205kg Squat, 150kg Powerclean and 150kg behind the neck pushpress (Go to post)15-04-2015 @ 19:35 
Miky111 said:holy crap, the squat-clean/jerk ratio is insane
awesome explosive power!

Thanks!! i appreciate it Grin
» 205kg Squat, 150kg Powerclean and 150kg behind the neck pushpress (Go to post)15-04-2015 @ 18:02 
hifilover said:Makes my ribs/sternum twinge watching that and the other vids! Eek

Hahaha, It's a technique! If you hit it wrong it will hurt
Wink But with the pad and "technique" I don't feel it.

I also changed the technique slightly to adjust the bounce a bit. You can see on my channel in my latest vid.

But I have to bounce in this part of the season for my sports. In a part of the off-season we press strict bench press and in another period we do speed bench Happy
» Shot putter starts logging (Go to post)15-04-2015 @ 13:54 
Appetite said:Nice training, 17m shot is awesome.

I am moving across to throwing this summer as I have a slight injury that means I cant do full power comps. Just got a few questions if you could?

How often do you throw?

Is there anything in paticular in the gym you find really beneficial?

Cheers

Thanks!
I throw 3 times a week, sometimes 4. My current program is in my first post i think Grin

Powerclean, behind the neck jerk, squat and bench are the main lifts for a thrower. You can include snatch, but i prefer the powerclean due to the height of catching the weights Happy

I went to Portugal for couple weeks over xmas. Vila real or albufeira?
If it's vila real, be careful, i bent a couple of bars. They don't handle 300kg well. And if it rains heavy once, the shot area is a nightmare for a week.

I go to Vila Real every year. The bars aren't great! But f**k it, still will do heavy cleans there Tongue
The shot area is ok for me even after the rain Tongue
The main water spots are before the area my shot lands Tongue
Especially when you have the circle at the trees or the one in the middle of the sun.
The only circle impossible to throw in then is the one all the way on the left. On the side Tongue

You are here: HomeForumremco51092 → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions