REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 204 guests
You are here: HomeForumMiky111 → View All Posts

View All Posts: Miky111

» 2016 Arnold Strongman Competitors? (Go to post)09-03-2016 @ 19:02 
MJG said:
I think it's not really fair to Z to say Shaw would be favorite on moving events. I think Z was everyone's pre event favorite for the super heavy yoke for example.

I honestly had him after Shaw, Thor and the Polish guy on the yoke
and pretty much the same on the frame
» 2016 Arnold Strongman Competitors? (Go to post)09-03-2016 @ 18:45 
MJG said:
Why? All those events have been done before. Just set the weight right. 8 out of ten struggle anyway. How many scored zero on the dumbbell for example.
Undoubtedly changes to events at Arnold's have favored Z. So much so I honestly don't see how anyone cannot see it is done for a reason. I mean 2 overheads in a 5 event contest is a bit WTF on its own.

well, there are also 2 moving events that suit Shaw more (straps or no straps on the frame)
and the deadlift is a toss between them, but Shaw is improving, while Z is struggling recently

if they change the deadlift into a squat, then you can argue without a doubt Grin
» 2016 Arnold Strongman Competitors? (Go to post)09-03-2016 @ 18:21 
MJG said:
If he refuses to compete it does take some prestige away from the competition. Perhaps there are sponsors only willing to pay if Z competes?
I think the evidence for that is pretty big TBH.
Z struggles on stones - stones are taken away and replaced by a second overhead event.
Z struggles with a dumbbell with a thick handle - Next year the dumbbell has a thin handle.
Z struggles without straps on the frame - Next year straps are allowed on the frame.
I don't really care who wins between Shaw and Z but it does seem a little harsh that Shaw's main weakness (overhead) gets hit in every single contest whilst true grip events are now never seen at WSM or Arnolds.

the thing is, it's not just Zydrunas that's struggling on those events
8 guys out of 10 would also struggle imo
it would make for a bad competition
» 2016 Arnold Strongman Competitors? (Go to post)09-03-2016 @ 17:51 
Well, Shaw insinuating that he lost only due to his hamstring injury was a bit d*ckish...
Z could make an argument that Shaw was also lucky that he had a back injury and finished 5th or whatever on the deadlift...

So I kinda get why Z wrote what he wrote, even though I didn't expect him to do something like that

and I don't buy "rigging the events so they suit Z" for one bit
what possible gain could they have having a guy from Lithuania win 8 times, instead of someone from the States?
» 2016 Arnold Strongman Competitors? (Go to post)06-03-2016 @ 16:26 
KevC86 said:^^ im sure it does. But if his goal is to be number 1 in the world it is a problem Ed is going to have to fix.

He should have been top 2 at Europes last year, and had a decent shot a podium spot at Arnolds and instead he has had to withdraw from both comps after only 1 event.

I agree
But in the eyes of regular people, this gives him a bigger legacy
I follow the sport as much as anyone, and I can't remember who won which year of either Esm or Arnolds
But pretty much everyone knows who holds the deadlift record
» 2016 Arnold Strongman Competitors? (Go to post)06-03-2016 @ 15:56 
MJG said:
I share your concerns regarding Hall. His inability to complete a competition after a deadlift max has to be concerning.

Well, to be fair, that happened 2 times and after he lifted a deadlift WR
That takes a lot out of a person, I imagine Grin
» 2016 Arnold Strongman Competitors? (Go to post)06-03-2016 @ 10:29 
LegendHowes said:And the morale of the story is: never right z off. Drex50 just exploded in his pants

I think we were all guilty of that

That deadlift was really off

But that says something about a man who deadlifts 400+ kg and everyone thinks he's badly hurt because he didn't do more Grin

I'm so glad he won
He's such a nice guy in person that I'll always be cheering for him

Feel bad for Shaw because you can see the man put in 100% into preparation
But that's all the part of the game unfortunately
I'm glad more people didn't get hurt from the insane weights

And to reply about the young Polish guy and WSM
He was invited the last time also, so he'll be invited again
The last time he felt he wasn't ready so he didn't go (didn't know the events soon enough)
I think he's the only guy that's more dedicated than Shaw in terms of contest preparation
» 2016 Arnold Strongman Competitors? (Go to post)06-03-2016 @ 09:59 
HeavyFuel said:Thanks.

Does anyone know when WSM is? Will Bryan make it to that I wonder?

June or July I think
» 2016 Arnold Strongman Competitors? (Go to post)04-03-2016 @ 22:37 
AMG said:Not sure why shaw didn't pull again?

He did his 3 attempts
That's all they have
» 2016 Arnold Strongman Competitors? (Go to post)04-03-2016 @ 22:12 
LaTuta said:Wow seeing z grinding just 400kg up makes me sad.Looks like he is finished with deadlifting.

Yeah... an end of an era
But it's unreasonable to expect WR level weights from a man that has been in the game for so long and has passed 40...
But I'd still love to see him destroy the log record
» wraps (Go to post)26-02-2016 @ 11:19 
JackRevans said:
how much do you get out of the wraps?

you won't get that much out of wraps just because you put them on (you'll see that the first time you use them)
but your squat technique will change (for the better most likely)

I haven't squatted heavy without wraps for years
I'd squat up to 180 beltless, 220 with a belt and then 260 with a belt and wraps and go on from there
I once tried 240 without wraps and it felt like trying to move a building (my best wrapped squat at that point was 350 in competition)

I knew wraps don't add more than 20-ish kg, maybe even 40 in some extreme cases, but it looked like I get a 100 from them

it turned out that I was so used to squatting heavy with them, that I forgot how to squat heavy without them (I got used to squatting heavy with a slightly different technique that I do in wraps)

anyway, I stopped using them for a while, and squatted just with a belt, to prove to myself that I don't get that much out of them
recently I did a few easy reps with 300 (on a really s**tty bouncy bar) and I think I could do 340 belt only on a good day (yet to be proven)

so, in conclusion
you won't get that much out of them per se, but your technique will change with them (most likely)
» Eddies 450kg pull on FB (Go to post)25-02-2016 @ 19:47 
damn it takes a lot to impress you guys...

450 has been pulled by what, 4-5 people? ever!

and I don't know about Eddy, but for me, max deadlift in training is always way weaker than a max deadlift in a competition...
» Eddies 450kg pull on FB (Go to post)25-02-2016 @ 19:26 
Terry just pulled 450 as well

https://www.facebook.com/terry.hollands/posts/10156664553375599
» Einstein's theory of relativity (Go to post)15-02-2016 @ 13:41 
Post Edited: 15.02.2016 @ 13:42 PM by Miky111
Funky_monkey said:Travelling backwards in time won't exist in the future. If it has ever been invented by man, we'd have known about it.

Stephen Hawking proved this by hosting a party to celebrate time travel, then sending invites out. Nobody turned up.

well, not necessarily...

if someone were to travel back in time, they would have to be damn sure not to interfere with absolutely anything in the "past" or let their presence be known

imagine the impact on the world if we knew for a fact that time travel is going to be possible...
that very fact is going to change to course of future history

now, imagine the father of the would be time traveler, now knowing the fact that there will be time travel and possibly changing his carer and life plans as a consequence and as a result he decides to have a child 10 years later than planed

that child is now a completely different person who never gets to travel back in time and as a result. no one tells the people of the "past" that there will be time travel possible and that creates a huge paradox

that's why no one would know if someone actually did travel back

but I agree that traveling back is very highly unlikely
even the slightest impact by a person from the future could hold unimaginable consequences (i.e. he bumps into someone, who as a result doesn't cross the road on the very second he was supposed to be in an accident, thus changing that persons life path)

it could maybe be possible if the travel didn't affect its timeline, but created a separate one...
I don't know that much about the subject (well, no one actually does Grin ) so it's just guessing on my part...
» 2016 Arnold Strongman Competitors? (Go to post)11-02-2016 @ 12:19 
HeavyFuel said:Radz is super strong for his size, but I think you need to be a heavyweight to win the Arnold's. Radz tends to injure himself when the weights get that heavy.

it's not the heavy weights, it's the fact that he competes pretty much every weekend

he's by far the most active strongman (at that level at least)

if he decided to focus on a few major comps, instead of going to every SCL competition and all of the others in between, he'd take some big scalps imo

You are here: HomeForumMiky111 → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions