REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 39 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumRobbo91 → View All Posts

View All Posts: Robbo91

12345678910 ... ... 1718192021222324252627

» Concept 2 Rowing Times. (Go to post)02-07-2015 @ 10:57 
I forgot to take any photos. This thread inspired me to actually do some conditioning.

100m in 15.8
500m in 1:30.7
» George Leeman 410x4 Deadlift (Go to post)01-07-2015 @ 17:09 
DL1987 said:How much would a suit that fits correctly add to a lift???

I saw a video on here of him pulling 985lbs (447.5 kgs ish) from 4 inch blocks in a suit. He said if he could lock it out from there then he was confident he could pull it from the floor.
» George Leeman 410x4 Deadlift (Go to post)01-07-2015 @ 13:58 
I hope it doesn't Impact his DL champs performance. I'd be more than happy with Eddie winning, I just want to see someone push him towards somewhere near his limits. Leeman could be that guy if 100% fit.

Out of interest if two guys pull 463 what would the next jump likely be?
» Yorkshires Strongest Man 2015 Novice, U105's and Opens (Go to post)27-06-2015 @ 15:24 
Payment sent now.

Cheers,
» Yorkshires Strongest Man 2015 Novice, U105's and Opens (Go to post)25-06-2015 @ 18:47 
Manimal said:Novice category is almost full, still looking for guys for the Opens and U105's

Can you pencil me in for the novice cat please.

Rob Bridges

I'll send payment over tonight when I get home from work.

Cheers.
» Paul Savage training log (Go to post)21-06-2015 @ 18:16 
PaulSavage said:
Arnt that big?!? What the f**k, how big are your hands?? I have never seen a hand bigger than laines and that includes felix. Laine can wrap around the inch like some do a regular bar. Most impressive feat of strength i've seen was him throwing the inch from one hand to the other and wrist curling it to stop the rotation haha

Laines hands are less than 9 inches. We measured them recently, probably 8.75, he commented to me that he'd see you say on here that they were somewhere near 11. My hands are probably 8.25-8.5 ish. He can't wrap an inch dumbbell, his hands are very wide which helps, they practically touch both globes when he holds the handle.
His grip is crazy good, I mean I know of guys with great grips, and I include you in that Paul, especially the CoC stuff I've seen of yours. But his thick handle grip is just off the charts, he does weights on a rolling thunder that don't seem possible when you look at the world standard.
I'll see if he'll let me take of photo of his hand measurement and I'll post it on here if I can.
» Paul Savage training log (Go to post)21-06-2015 @ 18:01 
unit94 said:Oh I didnt realise it was so tricky, managed it today without resting against the end globes

I train with Laine Snook, one of the few to clean the inch. He always said 'it takes a man to deadlift the inch'
And to be 'a man' in his eyes takes quite a bit of doing.

Although hand size can help, laines really aren't that big, and are so thick that he doesn't wrap as far around a thick grip handle as I do.
» George Leeman has a spot at Deadlift champs (Go to post)17-06-2015 @ 22:22 
Any news on Pekanov is it? The Russian who pulled an easy looking 455 on YouTube.
» Elbow sleeves (Go to post)09-06-2015 @ 11:04 
Thanks for the replies, I've done some reading and I think sbd is the way to go.
» Elbow sleeves (Go to post)08-06-2015 @ 22:26 
I'll keep my Thor's to hopefully add a few kg on something like a log but I want a pair for warmth now.

Cheers I'll take a look at the vulkans.
» Elbow sleeves (Go to post)08-06-2015 @ 19:10 
I'm looking to buy a new pair of elbow sleeves, I've got a pair of thors and I can't wear them for long periods of time without them cutting off the circulation, let alone how difficult they are to get on. I even sold my old pair and got the size up, still the same issues.

Can anyone recommend a pair that I could wear for an entire training session. I was looking at a neoprene pair, maybe rehband, but I don't want to spend 40 quid on a pair if they're going to cause me issues. Anyone got any experience with any cheap neoprene ones?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.
» What achievement should be necessary to have your own Wikipedia entry? (Go to post)05-06-2015 @ 14:36 
I've noticed that it seems like far less power lifters have entries than strongmen. There's pages for people like Jack Macintosh, I know he reached WSM but he probably isn't too well known outside of places like Sugden. Yet no page for Malanichev who holds to all time record in his chosen sport. This isn't meant to be disrespectful to Jack Macintosh at all, I just happen to remember finding myself on his page once and I think it's fair to say he hasn't accomplished as much in his sport as Malan has in his.
It's the same for a lot of the big PL, it's difficult to find info on them. Maybe it's all to do with exposure and TV coverage.
» Does working a physical job make you better at powerliting? (Go to post)05-06-2015 @ 11:24 
unit94 said:
An 18 year old picked up the inch dumbbell without training? Eek

Yeah I know, Laine Snook runs my gym and he knows and thing or two about grip and the inch. Ridiculous feat.
» Does working a physical job make you better at powerliting? (Go to post)05-06-2015 @ 11:08 
One thing I think a manual job does do it give you a much better grip. If I didn't go to the gym I wouldn't use my hands for much more than typing, consequently my grip is s**t. Had an 18 year old lad come in the other week, worked on a farm with his dad for years, picked up the inch dumbbell first time.
» Mo Farah's coach (Go to post)04-06-2015 @ 10:44 
bcrusher said:
The wells thing was new to me lol. A Brit winning 100m Olympic gold is super impressive.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-32883944

I think the USA boycotted the games that year because they were held in Moscow. You can only beat who's in front of you I suppose.

12345678910 ... ... 1718192021222324252627

You are here: HomeForumRobbo91 → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2019 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto