REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 4 members and 39 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumoggy22 → View All Posts

View All Posts: oggy22

» Biz z out of Arnold's (Go to post)21-02-2017 @ 10:15 
Mikeneto said:Well if he did a 710kg yoke in training...Rumours of 210kg x4 on log...His squats looked good prior to him gaining lots more mass. If a two month injury is all, I hope to see him back and not retiring.

I hope to see him back too, just going to get tougher at his age to keep coming back after injury. This was his big comeback after virtually a year out. I'm hoping WSM is later in the year so he has time to recover for that at least
» Biz z out of Arnold's (Go to post)20-02-2017 @ 16:36 
Gutted he's out! Was looking forward to seeing what kind of shape he's in ahead of WSM later in the year.

I think this is probably it now for him. He's clearly getting hampered with more injuries now which must be down to his age and many years of competition. He's only human after all.

Time to retire me thinks.
» Possible Lifting Injury (Go to post)15-02-2017 @ 10:34 
Yeah I'm still going to carry on unless it become excruciating and will probably do more cardio and higher rep workouts for a while
» Possible Lifting Injury (Go to post)15-02-2017 @ 09:25 
As it happens I did go to the docs last night. Possible hernia but doc couldn't feel anything. Going to send me for an ultrasound and said to not do any heavy lifting until they find out what's going on Unhappy - training has been going so well this year too Unhappy
» Possible Lifting Injury (Go to post)14-02-2017 @ 16:10 
I thought about a hernia at first but I can't feel any kind of lump and without lifting anything it's usually fine which is weird. feels bit like a 10kg dumbbell is in there when I lift
» Possible Lifting Injury (Go to post)14-02-2017 @ 15:54 
Hi all,

Recently when I've been lifting at the gym I can feel a ball like painful lump like feeling on the left side of my abdomen around my stomach. I've noticed it for a few weeks now, if not months and seems to slowly be getting worse. Can only feel it when I lift or carry a heavy weight or occasionally when i'm sat down.

Anyone else had similar? Could it be I've pulled something and need to rest it for a while?

Cheers
» Britain's Strongest Man 2017 (Go to post)03-02-2017 @ 10:25 
Worlds Strongest Man is the only competition where the best doesn't win out of all the sports there are when a world championship is running!! It's always been like that and always will be!!

It's called the Worlds Strongest Man yet a fitter man wins - should be called Worlds Strongest Fit/Big Man!!
» Britain's Strongest Man 2017 (Go to post)30-01-2017 @ 17:18 
I see Eddie was modest as ever on twitter regarding his BSM win!!!
» Britain's Strongest Man 2017 (Go to post)27-01-2017 @ 09:55 
FAT_SAM said:
And the man BIG BRIAN SHAW

There are exceptions yes, but even Shaw isn't the best Deadlifter, Squatter or Presser in strongman! Shaw flys through anything where height is an advantage. I'm thinking, keg toss, stones, fingals, truck pull (not height I know but height = weight in strongman)
» Britain's Strongest Man 2017 (Go to post)26-01-2017 @ 14:21 
hixxy1985 said:
Being tiny
I'd say make shield smaller
Stone platform adjustable too
Then it's fair :-)

Swings and roundabouts though - it's easier for a smaller man, in theory to Squat and Deadlift as not as par to squat or pull. Plus longer arms for pressing you could say is a hindrance to a taller man
» Britain's Strongest Man 2017 (Go to post)24-01-2017 @ 16:27 
Shield carry and Yoke rule Ed out of winning IMO - Loz would beat him on both with few others in between. Loz would only be 1 or 2 behind Ed in the static events so overall, I think Loz wins!

Is it only me who finds the front hold pathetic? These guys train so hard all year long to just hold a 25-30kg weight in front of them for 30-60 seconds!! Hardly the purest test of strength for these guys and creates no thrill for the spectators!!
» Britain's Strongest Man 2017 (Go to post)24-01-2017 @ 15:09 
If it's tailored around static events then Ed will win. If they've thrown in more moving events then Loz or Bish will win it!!
» Z squatting high again (Go to post)16-01-2017 @ 17:12 
FAT_SAM said:
Ed
Thor
Shaw
Janashia
Kleikowski (sp)
For me Z is done

Z will never be done - he would have stopped if he didn't think he could compete at the highest level again - this is all for at least one last wsm tilt at the title! Ed will never win it - Fact
» WSM CH5 schedule (Go to post)06-01-2017 @ 14:56 
Mikeneto said:
He was strong enough at the time around 2010...But I think it has moved on more since then.
500kg deadlift
500lb log
700kg yoke
300lb dumbbell

Z adapted so others could too??
» Would you like to be a giant man? (Go to post)04-01-2017 @ 17:15 
Bit too big that but if built the right way I suppose it can look good. Wouldn't want to be 6ft 10" and 15stone wet through lol. I'm 6ft 3" and 16st 7lbs but ideally would be around 18st if it was put on the right way

You are here: HomeForumoggy22 → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2019 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto