REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 234 guests
You are here: HomeForumrawlifter → View All Posts

View All Posts: rawlifter

» Powerlifting Bar between £300 and £500 (Go to post)08-09-2021 @ 21:04 
Will bump this 6 years later :-)

Whats the current recommendation - for bench, dead squats, rows maybe militarys but mainly the big three - even going on just strength shop theres several options.

Ive only used generic bent gym kit and eliko ipf competition bars so i have seen both ends of the market lol
» one leg/pistol squat? lowedbody training with no weight recommendations? (Go to post)26-04-2020 @ 21:00 
Robbo said:I learned to pistol squat the other week and my legs were ringing from doing them, so definitely worth a go

How do you learn - from someone who can prob do about 1/4 a pistol squat at the moment?
» one leg/pistol squat? lowedbody training with no weight recommendations? (Go to post)25-04-2020 @ 23:42 
Live in a flat - no garden no space no home gym

Straight bodyweight squats are unchallenging and therefore boring

Is trying to master a one legged squat worth doing? Anyone can do it and can recommend how to get from s**t to able to actually do this?

Anything else worth doing for lower body?
» Getting desperate for online weights (Go to post)12-04-2020 @ 12:02 
Anyone know anywhere stocking Olympic size weight plates?

Just need 2 x 5KG and 2 x 2.5KG
» Shoulder pain where the bar rests when squatting? (Go to post)07-03-2020 @ 16:46 
Been training squats 3 x a week for a while

All of a sudden when I put any decent amount of weight - it becomes massively painfull when I apply the bar to my shoulder on low bar squats

Anyone had this - anything recommended?
» WESTSIDE BARBELL (Netflix) (Go to post)16-10-2019 @ 20:39 
I enjoyed it for what it was.

Anyone recommend any other similar or strength focused docs

Ive seen unlimited power and the eddie hall ones
» Mouthpieces for lifting/grinding teeth? (Go to post)17-12-2018 @ 21:26 
Thanks Rebecca - any specific one you recommend as they seem to have a few? do you order from their US site? or is there a UK reseller
» Mouthpieces for lifting/grinding teeth? (Go to post)15-12-2018 @ 15:29 
so no one has this problem Grin
» Mouthpieces for lifting/grinding teeth? (Go to post)15-12-2018 @ 15:29 
so no one has this problem Grin
» Mouthpieces for lifting/grinding teeth? (Go to post)09-12-2018 @ 16:05 
Ive seen adverts with Eddie Hall endorsing this for ages.

However ive noticed over the past 6 months or so I have started to get a tendency to grind my teeth on higher intensity sets.

I think I might feel a bit stupid wearing a mouth piece in the gym so would like something subtle not a boxing type full guard.

Anyone use one and recommend something suitable?

- the ones Edd Hall promotes seem to be US based and a plethora of options/costs
» Latest Creatine advice (Go to post)25-11-2018 @ 19:15 
Going for 5grams a day after training with maltodextrine
» Latest Creatine advice (Go to post)16-11-2018 @ 11:45 
Ive had bouts using creatine on and off over the last 15 years. Not used it for the most part but bought some myprotein creatine monohydrayte in a recent sale

Whats the current thinking on dosages and when to take it as ive read so many things over the years?

Also Should I cycle it over a period of time and take a break?

Thanks,
» Piriformis sufferers? (Go to post)19-01-2018 @ 11:44 
Appreciate the advise

1 - how did you know it was piriformis (im guessing i have it, do my symtoms sound similar? - my biggest problem is the feeling in my glutes deadlifting is very uncomfortable)

2 - any specific stretches - Ill look up the ones already mentioned thanks,
» Piriformis sufferers? (Go to post)17-01-2018 @ 23:15 
Long story short

Deadlifts have been painfull for a while now....basically my glutes/arse hurt when performing them - even on light weights.

ive been ignoring it and pushing through regardless but the heavier it gets the more uncomfortable - hard to describe the pain - not a sharp pain but discomfort in the glutes and the exercise is completely unenjoyable

Im guessing this is the dreaded piriformis

So any advice on how to get rid of it? pushing through it is not working

I have looked up the piriformis stretch - did it work for you? how often? anything else?
» training while on penecillin (Go to post)22-11-2017 @ 20:41 
On penicillin for an infection - about 4 days in of a 7 day course

I feel weak, not with it and unmotivated in the gym, bereft of energy

Is this normal?

You are here: HomeForumrawlifter → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions