REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 142 guests
You are here: HomeForumluki → View All Posts

View All Posts: luki

12345678910 ... 808182 ... 93949596979899100101102103

» Greece is the word (Go to post)29-07-2015 @ 10:23 
Have to own up that I would like GB to leave the EU.

You lot are seen as a massive barrier to European integration in Ireland. I think the inability of the EU to come up with a decent foreign policy (particularly to deal with terror as one block) and deal with banking is largely a product of UK aligning itself both militarily and financially with corporate America instead of its EU partners. Cameron is one of the biggest proponents of TTIP which looks like a lot of s**t from wikileaks documents I've read (taxpayers paying damages for business's loss of earnings through insisting on good regulation in industry and finance.)

Maybe if GB leaves the EU will be able to deal with banking crisis without UK veto-ing that hurts the City of London by tackling s**t like this www.theguardian.com/business/2012/jul/21/offshore-wealth-gl...

As an English speaking country Ireland is also hoping we'll pick up a lot of your American technology, pharma and investment sector (though I guess most of the EU is.)

That said since Blair you've had a democracy like USA where the two main parties fight for the same space in big corporations pockets. Maybe if Corbin can get in as opposition your country may start to debate the scale of inequality between a City of London nurse and investment banker as out of kilter with a healthy community.
» The Cycling Thread (Go to post)28-07-2015 @ 21:32 

Made me laugh. Sorry if its a repost.
» Greece is the word (Go to post)17-07-2015 @ 15:36 
How was the holiday?

Was listening to Lunchtime show here on the radio and they said the German Finance Minister told Budestag (spelling?) that Grexit would be a better option than unsustainable depts. Doesn't sound over.

http://www.rt.com/op-edge/273829-tsipras-greece-bankers-auster...
The bit about Charles DeGaul is interesting creating the French system is interesting.
» Sitting vs Standing (Go to post)16-07-2015 @ 18:59 
I used to do the door on a pub and found Clark's much better than anything else for long hours on feet. I'd probably have tried orthotics or equivalent if they had been available back then.
» Lose fat and maintain strength (Go to post)27-06-2015 @ 16:39 
Doing a 30-40min walk before breakfast will drop fat. Your already fasted so your body has nothing but fat to burn. Your not exercising enough to start your body eating muscle (significantly).
You can have a black coffee to get metabolism going, water too.
I usually do on way to work so have readybreak/ground oats and whey when I arrive before shift. Otherwise have terrible hungry breath.
» Diary of a reformed 5x5er (Go to post)26-06-2015 @ 15:26 
Day off today so early training.
Squat 120kg 1+fail. Added belt and failed again.
100kg x3
110kg. X3
117kg x5
Ohp 65kg x5
Deadlift 175kg x5
Abs wheel 10x5
Curls 17.5kg 8,10,10
» Bench Blokz or Repboards? (Go to post)26-06-2015 @ 14:13 
BigMacca said: I had no intentions of arguing

Said the man on a diet...
[IMG]http://thedessertstomach.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Stephs...
Lol
» Bench Blokz or Repboards? (Go to post)26-06-2015 @ 11:11 
Does you belt and sweat not stop the tshirt/book moving?
» Bench Blokz or Repboards? (Go to post)26-06-2015 @ 10:51 
BigMacca said:Bit's of wood are hard to use when you're training solo (or even with only one other person).

Phone book under your T-shirt.
» Bench Blokz or Repboards? (Go to post)26-06-2015 @ 09:06 
Telephone book.
» Diary of a reformed 5x5er (Go to post)24-06-2015 @ 21:38 
Squats 90kg 5x2
Bench 80kg 5x3
Bag run x4. Added half a bag of gravel and struggled to run fast.
Dips 5x3
Curls 17.5kg 8x3
» Are Politics Banned on Here? (Go to post)24-06-2015 @ 16:01 
Britexit the worst bit of diplomacy ever?

Cameron has said he will have a referendum on membership of EU regardless of any special conditions Great Britain and Northern Ireland can get out of the EU. He has said he will seek to stay in the EU if he can negotiate a better Europe or better deal for Britain.
However Dave seems unable to articulate what he means in any meaningful way in British media. It was likely a bit of gambling on the Torries part, agreeing to an in/out referendum to win back UKIP defectors in the knowledge Dave will be gone as leader by the time the fallout hits if GNIB leaves the EU.

From an EU perspective EU want UK to remain in, but if its leaving why would EU let GBNI have better terms than existing members as they effectively would be going from the status of an insider to a foreign power in competition with remaining EU members. I'd go further and say if I was one of the 25 countries leaders I’d invite Cameron to suck a lemon and leave GBNI have a referendum on remaining in the EU as is or leaving and facing high trade tariffs (especially for City of London) and little freedom of movement within the 25 remaining countries and all your pension age ex-patriots returned so NHS can pay for their medical care. What better motivation could there be for GNIB to remain in EU than an even worse deal if you vote to leave!!!

The sad thing is I really think the newspapers will push leaving at any cost and a lot of people want out regardless of the effect.

Am I missing anything or has Conservative leadership really f**ked it up by guaranteeing an in/out referendum?
» Diary of a reformed 5x5er (Go to post)23-06-2015 @ 10:25 
Yesterday
Squats 100kg 5x5
Ohp 60kg 5x5
Clean 80kg x3, 75kg 3x5
» Sofa based strength training (Go to post)22-06-2015 @ 21:50 
AdamT said:My dad bought a thing called 6 second abs, were you can train your abs on the sofa.

I called over to my friend without ringing once and he was dying his hair, with a electric shock six pack abs machine on under a vest with a bottle of moose head in his hand. Multitasking.
» Sofa based strength training (Go to post)22-06-2015 @ 21:46 
Maybe you could make a bodyweight pulley operated like the one in Stalones truck in 'Over the Top.'

[IMG]http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/over-the-top/16.gif[/IMG]

12345678910 ... 808182 ... 93949596979899100101102103

You are here: HomeForumluki → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions