REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 146 guests
You are here: HomeForumkyle → View All Posts

View All Posts: kyle

» Why Push Press (Go to post)04-04-2014 @ 08:32 
Bushy said:Have you tried jerking a yoke, block or dumbbell??

I guess push presses do have a place for strongmen/circus lift performers who lift odd objects... but about everyone else?
» Why Push Press (Go to post)04-04-2014 @ 08:04 
jones105 said:I would say strict press develops better raw strength but Push press is Not an Ego lift....poeple including myself epd use pp in many ways to develop strength,explosive Power...

So why not jerk instead?

I feel push press is worst of both worlds - you can't be as fast or handle as much weight as a jerk, and there's too much cheating with your legs to develop shoulder strength as well as strict presss
» Why Push Press (Go to post)04-04-2014 @ 07:47 
Instead of strict press to develop raw strength or jerk to develop power? Is it just an ego lift like a bounced bench press or are there legit reasons to push press instead of strict/jerk?
» ksohhjjkk (Go to post)04-04-2014 @ 07:42 
JackRevans said:
Do you even jelq?

jelq it to my moon face
» Smoking... (Go to post)03-04-2014 @ 15:30 
EDCLARKE said:Massive f**king lol , someone's an angry little man

Small? last time I checked I bench more then you and last time I measured, my boy is 7.5 inches
» Smoking... (Go to post)03-04-2014 @ 15:08 
unit94 said:
Says the guy that lifts weight Tongue

touche... but seriously, how many of you started lifting weights because you were bullied or wanted to get laid?

I reckon most people who are obsessed with weights have some sort of issues and are usually the beta males. The truly self-assured alpha males went into real sports, make millions and f**k groupies... while those dedicated lifters stay in their garages lifting weights for their 20 youtube subscribers
» How much beef can I eat? (Go to post)03-04-2014 @ 15:03 
JackRevans said:
Youre a bit of an r�vhul

Not sure what I said was so offensive?

Protein is massively overrated anyway. Real man drink ale.
» How much beef can I eat? (Go to post)03-04-2014 @ 14:35 
People in 3rd world countries die of starvation but Brits brag about eating excessive amounts of food, 10s of thousands of calories. Funny how those s**thole countries still produce far better weightlifters though.
» 190kg paused bench and 230kg slingshot bench (Go to post)03-04-2014 @ 14:27 
Cool lift but definetly not a 3 sec pause! 3 count maybe! Great effort tho
» Smoking... (Go to post)03-04-2014 @ 14:07 
JohnGym said:
To paraphrase a now legendary Sugden quote:
If you need a cigarette to speak to women you are doing it wrong.

You can apply this to many things.

If you need to be a big bad strongman or powerlifter to speak to women you are doing it wrong.

To say that a lot of people lifting weights are ovecompensating for a small penis is an insult to the small penised everywhere. they hope that by wrapping their body in muscles (what that one gay strongman referred to as a'gorilla sui't) that the rest of the world won't recognize them for the scared little children that they really are.
» How do you Train? (Go to post)03-04-2014 @ 14:01 
I just lift heavy things and put them down
» Mono lift (Go to post)03-04-2014 @ 13:55 
Real man walk out squats, deadlift conventional and worship satan!
» What is 'strong' (Go to post)02-04-2014 @ 18:22 
JackRevans said:if you put on a squat suit and squat 100kg more are you stronger or are you a carpetbagger?

or if i bench to a 3 board and bench 20 kg more would I be stronger? Would gaining a power belly and cutting down my ROM but different to benching to a 3 board?
» What is 'strong' (Go to post)02-04-2014 @ 18:18 
EllD90 said:
Then you were weaker that day....

Or lets say I was disqualified by the organisers for dumping the bar in a squat - and as a result bombed out, would you say i lost 100% of my strength?
» What is 'strong' (Go to post)02-04-2014 @ 18:16 
IainKendrick said:
I did not say it was the be all and end all. Merely that as tested by his powerlifting total he was stronger. If you tested his strength via max force production on an isokinetic dynameter he may not be stronger Wink

So surely an isokinetic dynameter is a much better judge of strength then any strength sport? So short fat man can't manipulate the rules by excess arching or intentionally gaining power bellies?

You are here: HomeForumkyle → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions