REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 213 guests
You are here: HomeForumjustaboutpastit → View All Posts

View All Posts: justaboutpastit

» strengh and how long it takes? (Go to post)15-10-2014 @ 19:27 
Post Edited: 15.10.2014 @ 19:28 PM by justaboutpastit
After seeing the below thread...

[url=] [/url] http://www.sugdenbarbell.co.uk/forum/What-is-considered-Mong-L...

reading some of the training logs on here, and the levels of strength quoted by Mr Small in relation to press (u90)

"Strong, 100 or over. Average, 80 or over. Crap, 60-70. I wouldn't make a differentiation because somebody may or may not be taking drugs so use the same figures. Can't see why somebody can't press just over bodyweight, in time."

I'm curious how long it took other Sugden menbers to reach the levels of strength they have.

personally I'm well below crap might even be in the "why do you bother" bracket.
» Have you ever been attacked by a dog? (Go to post)15-10-2014 @ 12:06 
little_a said:Someone on here's bound to ask it, so it may as well be me...
Why would you approach a dog from behind? Eek

I should have known better than to phrase it like that... lol
» Have you ever been attacked by a dog? (Go to post)14-10-2014 @ 19:12 
I Got bit across the face by a Great dane when I was about 5. Well I say bit but more like nipped it was asleep on the couch and I sat next to it, stroked its head. I obviously made it jump and it turned around and nipped me I still have two small scars on my left eyebrow and the other above right lip both needed butterfly stitches.I remember the owners being more worried about the dog than me. always approached a dog from the front since that day.
» Worst PB's (Go to post)13-10-2014 @ 17:40 
liking this thread, but i'm not sure whether its others remarks about their worst PB's making me laugh, or the fact that most of them are still way better than my best.
» Picture this... (Go to post)13-10-2014 @ 17:36 
wouldn't bother me tbh, but the US and UK security services would panic half of their Intel gathering just disappeared lol....hmmm I wonder if Google needs a break.....
» what do you do on a sleepy sunday? (Go to post)12-10-2014 @ 15:59 
watch MotoGP if its on
print out next weeks workout sheet.
sometimes clean the house depending if recently done or not the week before. (2 days or more it needs a clean).
wash the dog
sort out veg and friut plants or cut grass in garden
if bad weather or I feel like crud I'll just lay about watching movies, play ps3, surf internet.
» Giants live/Strongman league TV showings or internet players (Go to post)11-10-2014 @ 19:16 
Does anyone know where I can watch these other than relying on British eurosport TV schedule.

Yet again started late last night and my BT player missed half of the first programme then failed to recored the second due to the late start of the first.

I dont think I have managed to see a complete show this season due to this or they just omitt it completly as they are running late.
» New to knee wraps - when should I use them??? (Go to post)10-10-2014 @ 15:36 
Post Edited: 10.10.2014 @ 15:37 PM by justaboutpastit
So I got some titan wraps and have used them for sets of 3 and 5 above 80% max a few times now.

I saw a couple mention tightness, but how tight? Is tight enougth thats its difficult to walk what to aim for, because they feel like they are cutting off my circulation and sometimes I get pins and needles in my shins legs just after standing up.

The first time I used them they felt tight but I'm starting to think I may be doing them too tight.
» abnormal test levels.... (Go to post)04-10-2014 @ 10:14 
Post Edited: 04.10.2014 @ 10:29 AM by justaboutpastit
AMH,

I'm quite sure you know your own body and can tell if the slighest thing is not quite right. your clearly fit and must have a good feel for how your feeling from day to day from how you train. on its own I would think its not much to worry about your just a lucky guy with higher test lvls. Hopefully the doc would say the same.

You possibly do some the things that are claimed to improve/produce test anyway:
lift with big compound movements.
Train with voulme.
Train with high intensity
Eat enougth cholesterol (meat,eggs,cheese,) along with minimal starchy carbs, lots veg.
» abnormal test levels.... (Go to post)04-10-2014 @ 09:52 
HUGE_GUY said:How would one go about getting blood tests done?

I'm healthy, not done any gear, can still bone the missus etc. But i'm just curious to see my levels.

Will the GP tell me to f**k off and stop wasting his time?!

Ask your GP or go Private. the UK seems to be behind in this area. In the US its more common as they do HRT (hormone replacement therapy) for men as it is now well documented that some males can have a male menopause when test lvls drop. Aslo the US has seen that a whole load of issues like depression, and weight gain, are part of having low test. I personally know of an ex solider who has PTSD, suffers from depression anxity etc and he has been taking the herbal test boosters, zma, etc, (no other drugs due to the side effects they have), his moods have stabilised and he is far more active than he was.

Unfortuatly the scale used to depict normal abnormal etc has been deveopled from testing males between 18-80 so most Gp's see the result and if its in range it's ok. of course if your 20 and your test levls are in the lower end of the range then your lvls are really that of a much older group.
IMO most Gp's will fob you off or not even beaware of it so might be best to go private but it could be costly. I know the HRT is discussed a lot over at
"T nation".
» Any serious dangers using Caffeine/Pre-Workouts? (Go to post)02-10-2014 @ 12:44 
Post Edited: 02.10.2014 @ 12:53 PM by justaboutpastit
John said:I watched a documentary a while ago there was a chap who struggled with his weight,he was in a right state 28 stone 5ft10.the documentary followed his journey he made an amazing transformation he had something like 4 pounds to hit his ideal target weight the documentary's credits came up after which it said that the chap had died during the filming.guess what totally unrelated to his weight or cardiac they didn't state exactly what I'd have been interested why just said unrelated to his health....makes you think...I'm of the mind that life is a gift you have one in a million chance or of you being created..what we choose to do with the gift is yours and yours alone. Just my thoughts :-)

I saw a similar one (maybe same) called "Fat Man Slim" Paul Jeffreys from Auckland had enougth money to take a year off work and lost tons of weight about 64kg.
In the credits it said he died from a brain tumour some time later.
You just never know when its going to happen so make the most of it anyway you can.
» Core work? (Go to post)18-09-2014 @ 16:47 
I neglected core work for ages and as VG pointed out above by doing so this has resulted in a visit to a Physio.They diagnosed my spine is rotated at L5 among other things, this as well as some other issues is partly down to weak core.
» Gary Taylor Overhead Press (Go to post)18-09-2014 @ 08:43 
Post Edited: 18.09.2014 @ 08:43 AM by justaboutpastit
Yep Ben Kelsey did

[url=] [/url] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teC5vF8oPZ8

I think this was also a British Record.
» Adjustable Bench for home gym (Go to post)17-09-2014 @ 11:36 
I said:I have one of these sitting in my garage (2012 model) not being used.It has the leg/curl extension attachment if your interested. travel distance etc depending.

scratch that. I had a look the back is not very wide and it wobbles slightly so no good for your needs.
» Adjustable Bench for home gym (Go to post)17-09-2014 @ 09:51 
Post Edited: 17.09.2014 @ 09:56 AM by justaboutpastit
I have one of these sitting in my garage (2012 model) not being used.It has the leg/curl extension attachment if your interested. travel distance etc depending.

[url=] [/url] http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/powertec-workbench-utility...

You are here: HomeForumjustaboutpastit → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions