REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 191 guests
You are here: HomeForumJohn → View All Posts

View All Posts: John

12345678910 ... ... 223224225226227228229230231232233

» Running a strongman comp (Go to post)29-05-2014 @ 13:59 
Thanks very informative was thinking of organising one too :-)
» good quality but cheaper knee and elbow wrap/sleeves (Go to post)25-05-2014 @ 18:50 
OK guys thanks SBDs then I'll save thanks for your wisdom,and billyas always an it resting comment,I do actually own a small camera that will pin to my motorcycle helmet or jacket its great fun to watch back :-)
» good quality but cheaper knee and elbow wrap/sleeves (Go to post)23-05-2014 @ 22:36 
That's helpful mate I'll see about the vulkan one :-)
» good quality but cheaper knee and elbow wrap/sleeves (Go to post)23-05-2014 @ 22:25 
Hey so think I'm at the point were I'm gonna need elbow and knee support to help with bigger lifts,can anyone recommend good one that don't cost a fortune, im on a budge know I can scroll thru the net but advice from those that use them would be better thanks
» 160kg Strict axle x 3 (Go to post)22-05-2014 @ 20:04 
Amazingly strong.great technique with the switch at the top elbows rolled under effortlessly.brilliant.
» This guy is pretty strong (Go to post)22-05-2014 @ 19:59 
AndyCoupe said:What about the YouTube hero at the night of strength? Plenty of alcohol flying!

That was so smooth and double overhand brilliant
» Surely the kindest thing to do would be to gas the lot of these creatures? (Go to post)21-05-2014 @ 14:18 
Thanks posting this vid very educational.my brother died in 2007 from smoking heroine for the first time,he was addicted to cannabis and other stuff I do not understand,when he was alive I wanted to lock him in a room and make him go cold turkey,but never really thought the drugs would kill him,wish I had just done more to help him,ultimately he made his own choices,I think after I moved away he got worse,even though we had the same harsh upbringing i went one way he went the other,he had a very miserable existence in his last year or of life,which I was unable to help him.worse he could not help himself.
» Another Joni video - Bodybuilder vs Strongman vs powerlifter deadlifting (Go to post)21-05-2014 @ 13:47 
Have to agree techniques are so different,have these guys trained for the same amount of time, good to watch.thanks
» Man vs weird (Go to post)20-05-2014 @ 18:59 
I'm loving man vs weird,some wonderfully strange people in the world,thought the electric guy way brilliant although explainable, I see these fung fu monks and while there stunts are great I've never seen one poked in the eye,why would that be lol.
» first strongman comp/what to expect (Go to post)20-05-2014 @ 17:42 
VinnyJones said:
Generally speaking, most of your work should be based around squatting, deadlifting and over head pressing. Pick a day for each during the week. Then set aside a day for some heavy strongman stuff and a day for some speedy strongman stuff to refine technique.
It's pretty much my new routine.
Now when I say squatting, don't do the same squat each week. Rotate it. Front squat, high bar, zercher, with chains, with bands etc. Same as deadlifting; coventional, sumo, deficit, RDL, SLDL, trap bar. Pressing would be OHP, push press, Savickas press, pin press, DB, incline. Go heavy on those lifts each week with triples. Then for assistance drop weight to 60/70% and do a 5/3/1+ set. 5 reps. Then 3. Then go all out for a PR.
Choices are endless mate but that's how I set up these days.

This is great thank you I'm gonna write it down and set it out and get cracking thank again :-)
» first strongman comp/what to expect (Go to post)20-05-2014 @ 16:08 
So I've been thinking I'd like to give strongman ago next year,but were do I start.I've done stones ,famers walk,yoke.for fun but as an actual program what should I do and how strong at a minimal should I try and get, any advice would be very much appreciated thanks :-) :-)
» I saw Brian Shaw today (Go to post)20-05-2014 @ 16:04 
VinnyJones said:Brian Shaw was shouting me on when I was doing the yoke on Sunday. Pretty intense running towards him tbh haha.

Fantastic a memory that will last for ever brilliant :-)
» just for fun/thing that other gym members do that grind your gears (Go to post)19-05-2014 @ 18:08 
Fazc said:
He's a grown man! And it's one single spoon!
Why is this a conversation worthy to start with a complete stranger???!!!

Haha my gym is full of random conversationalists, one guy there randomly said to me I thought I'd lift more today,to which I replied politely why is that,good night sleep,a juicey steak for tea perhaps,imagine my surprise when he lifted his sun glases to reveal two of the biggest pupils I've ever seen they were like dinner plates he then informs me that he did a line of coke in the early hours lol, PS another gear grinder sunglasses in the gym why? Lol
» I saw Brian Shaw today (Go to post)17-05-2014 @ 21:36 
dannyboy73 said:Oh man Ive brought you down. Not my intention at all and as your a nice guy on this forum please accpt my appologies no offence meant mate.
Anyhow, dont mind me Im just a jadded old man who has forgot what excited feels like.
Sincerley pleased that you enjoyed the experinceHappy Im sure I might have done if I went

No problem mate.perhaps I was being over sensitive. I know we like to have a laugh:-)
» just for fun/thing that other gym members do that grind your gears (Go to post)17-05-2014 @ 20:47 
AMH_Power said:This is my non-exhaustive list of s**t that rages me in the gym, I don't know if i'm over aggressive, or if it's like squat snobbery, but here it is:

1)Hair gel in the gym
2)Fake tan in the gym
3)A combination of 1+2 with roids, with a lack of actual training.
4)a combination of 1+2+3 while spending all time in the mirror and not squatting.
5)People that curl in the squat rack
6)Anything other than squats in the squat rack
7)Squats on a smith machine
8)In fact, anything on a smith machine
9)Calf raises
10)Calf raises on a smith machine
11)Calf raises on a smith machine; this needed to be here twice.
12)Half squats
13)False aggression
14)People that stare at me, without fail ends in confrontation
15)People that think I'm staring at them, ends in confrontation
16)People that take up two different stations to 'superset'
17)people with no need that do all sorts of crazy s**t that they aren't gaining from, more specifically a lack of squats.
18)People with 'bad knees' as an excuse for not doing legs.
19)Bro spots and 'all you buddy' squats
20)People that approach me and tell me about their brothers uncles dad that benches 250 for reps... obviously true.
21)People that ask me what I'm taking, as opposed to how do I train.
22)People that put s**t music on
23)People that go out of their way for bigger version discs of the same weight so they look like pro's
24)Cross fitters wearing oly shoes or lifting belts. Cross Fitters/Dressers is just a fashion, it's not a sport. f**king glam lifting. Infact I here denounce it's new name to PowerGlaming.
25)Calf raises on a smith machine

Brilliant can't really disagree with any of that although I find working calves useful for yoke and cleans to get power.Powerglam priceless :-) :-) :-)

12345678910 ... ... 223224225226227228229230231232233

You are here: HomeForumJohn → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions