REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 187 guests
You are here: HomeForumHeavySingle → View All Posts

View All Posts: HeavySingle

» Good Mornings (Go to post)03-11-2014 @ 15:55 
I'm a big fan of good mornings. Tried a few varieties, like some more than others. Never got much carryover whilst doing seated good mornings, but I really rate them with a safety squat bar or my favourite is to do them slightly paused onto pins in a cage.
» Derek Kendall front squat (Go to post)02-11-2014 @ 15:33 
Benfrancis1993 said:
his best pull is 320. s**t grip

Jesus he's front squatting 50kg more than his deadlift, that can't be common. Could post a huge total if the deadlift comes up some
» Derek Kendall front squat (Go to post)02-11-2014 @ 13:01 
I saw this today on his Instagram account. The guys squatting is crazy. I'm sure that front squat is pretty close to his deadlift max
» zahir khudayarov 460kg squat at 110kg (Go to post)27-10-2014 @ 18:46 
newhybrid said:cant see how the 460 would stand in a world championship. was the rear spotter not touching his chest as well?
what did he do that he needs to apologise for?

The 460 looked high but think the others were ok. I was also going to comment on the bloke spotting him, very similar to how the lilliebridge's spot each other. I might be well of the mark but think I remember reading that he was competing in his wife's native country (possibly Finland?) and he was making some anti-Finnish (or whatever country applies) comments, was aggressive in the warm up room and took other people's plates.

But I might be well off there, might even be the wrong guy lol so don't take my word on it
» zahir khudayarov 460kg squat at 110kg (Go to post)27-10-2014 @ 17:07 
Amazing. This is the bloke who was banned until he agreed to a written apology, or something along those lines? What exactly happened with all that?

He could post a serious total in Sydney
» America's strongest man 2014 (Go to post)26-10-2014 @ 21:12 
Craig_Pfisterer said:Hmm, they have this as the top three on the site:

Dimitar Savatinov
Robert Oberst
John Posen

Not sure how Posen beat Clayton if he was ahead by .5 and they tied on the last event for first?

Was wondering this also. Maybe the stones were scored on time when reps were equal?
» foam rollers/the grid (Go to post)26-10-2014 @ 21:02 
I've got a grid and I rate it, haven't bent it yet. Like PVC piping too. As previously mentioned a car buffer is meant to be really good, clint darden has a video of it, never used. Used to have the Mrs use a wooden rolling pin all over my legs and lats, it hurt but felt great afterwards
» America's strongest man 2014 (Go to post)26-10-2014 @ 20:29 
Craig_Pfisterer said:Atlas Stone Over Bar (190.5kgs/420lbs to 1.4m/56” in 60 seconds)

Andrew Clayton – 6
John Posen – 6
Dimitar Savatinov – 4
Robert Oberst – 3
Casey Garrison – 3
Marshall White – 3
Jacob Bodi – 3
Andrew Palmer – 2
Stan Carradine – 0
Sean Demarinis – 0

Final Score

Dimitar Savatinov – 48.5
Robert Oberst – 42.5
Andrew Clayton – 39.5
John Posen – 39
Casey Garrison – 31
Stan Carradine – 31
Andrew Palmer – 24.5
Marshall White – 24
Sean Demarinis – 22
Jacob Bodi – 19

Brilliant, thanks for all the updates. Seems like it was a good comp, shame about shaw and Burke being injured, but great victory for savatinov. Love to see some footage of this
» America's strongest man 2014 (Go to post)26-10-2014 @ 19:04 
RyanH said:I hope Savatinovs wins hes a great guy and very underrated imo

Savatinov seems the real deal. I'm sure I've seen a video on YouTube of him push pressing something like 220kg.
» America's strongest man 2014 (Go to post)26-10-2014 @ 16:32 
Anybody know today's results? I didn't realise Burke and shaw were injured, I was wondering why they didn't compete. And your right, it seems 200kg+ logs are becoming more common.
» America's strongest man 2014 (Go to post)26-10-2014 @ 10:16 
beza said:What's the full line up any ideas?

Yes mate the lineup is

Jacob Bodi
Andrew Palmer
Casey Garrison
Robert Oberst
Andrew Clayton
Stan Carradine
Sean Demarinis
Marshall White
John Posen
Dimitar Savatinov

Seems a lot of the more recognisable names aren't taking part. Quite a heavy comp too, first day was log for max, 430kg yoke, then axel deadlift 3 attempts for max.

First event today is 12" circus dumbell for reps, I'm unsure of weight
» America's strongest man 2014 (Go to post)26-10-2014 @ 07:37 
Not sure if people are interested in this, but this comp is happening currently. The guys have finished day one, the standings are -

Savatinov 23.5
Oberst 22.5
Posen 20.5

Both oberst and savatinov hit a 460lb log, which is around 208kg. Oberst has his log on his Instagram, he made it look relatively easy
» Olympic style front squat critique (Go to post)25-10-2014 @ 19:08 
Ramsay777 said:Awesome man, look really good. Can I ask what you did regarding wrist flexibility?

Yeah I'd love to know too, can't get the bar anywhere near a proper rack position. Lovely squats too
» Help overhead log.... (Go to post)21-10-2014 @ 11:14 
hixxy1985 said:
was it from the floor?
as thats some serious triple right there.

First rep was off the floor, other 2 reps off chest. Either way the guys static strength when I started training with him was almost scary
» Help overhead log.... (Go to post)21-10-2014 @ 11:10 
unit94 said:My advice would be

Stick with bench
Strict press everything on the log for a while, until you get closer to comp then add in push press.
Push press on a bar focussing on loads of leg drive.
Press multiple times a week.
With the breathing thing heavy cleans for reps should fix it or something my mate suggested to me was cleaning a rep and holding it on the chest for a while before pressing to get you used to pressing under fatigue.

My 0.02p although whoever is tripling a 180 log is probably a good person to follow. Who is that?

That's chris gearing mate. And almost everything else you said was how we were training. Always strict pressing log on that routine, and pressing more than once a week. For me personally I founf floor presses really helped my log, but that may well be an individual thing

You are here: HomeForumHeavySingle → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions