REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 155 guests
You are here: HomeForumHeavySingle → View All Posts

View All Posts: HeavySingle

» 200kg slingshot bench press 82kg bw (Go to post)09-04-2014 @ 23:51 
Amazing bench. I've been considering purchasing a slingshot, I train strongman so don't train bench so much but do some close grip work normally once or twice a week. Would it work in a circumstance like this, purely in an attempt to overload tricep work?

It's also worth mentioning that recently overhead pressing has caused bruising which I'm assured is to do with the pec tie in, and from what I've read online a slingshot can ease the stress there?

Again though, incredible benching buddy
» SBD sleeves (Go to post)08-04-2014 @ 23:40 
stewartflett13 said:
Never used the rehband before but heard some really good things about them

I have used rehband and sbd sleeves. The rehbands with the Velcro, I think there called the power line are excellent but there also very expensive at around £40 per sleeve, they don't come in pairs. The sbd sleeves come in pairs, cost around the same and honestly the quality is brilliant. I'd go for the sbd sleeves, quality seems as good as rehband if not better at nearly half the price.

Having said that if anyone knows where I can order xxxl rehband neoprene shorts that'd be appreciated knowing. I also really like the rehband neoprene belts, helps when worn under a conventional leather belt, helps stop the pinching of the fat
» SBD sleeves (Go to post)08-04-2014 @ 19:26 
MCM said:i've never used sleeves, but i need to as my knees are f**king useless. Is it wise to order them online, given measurements etc, or is it pretty self explanatory?

I'd drop them an email mate. When I first made an enquiry I sent an email at about 10pm and actually got a reply straight away. They do have a size chart but just from my personal experience I actually required smaller sizes than I thought having just read the chart.

I imagine an email will get a pretty quick response and can't hurt to double check sizes
» SBD sleeves (Go to post)08-04-2014 @ 18:06 
Just purchased some knee and elbow sleeves. Used a few times, quality seems exceptional. I'd be careful with the sizing though, they seem to come up large in my opinion. Probably worth dropping an email with some measurements and getting some advice on sizes required.

Lovely quality though
» 4plate squat, over 500kg Total now (Go to post)07-04-2014 @ 19:16 
Nice job on the pb buddy. Always nice to see a good grind on a squat
» How do YOU know when you're doing too much and what do you do about it? (Go to post)06-04-2014 @ 20:28 
CarlJ said:I train approx 6 days a week, a mixture of gym work and events and of late I seem to be having 'bad' days more and more often. Today was complete s**te as I couldn't get out of bed, must of slept about 12 hours and then when I trained this evening everything I normally lift with ease just felt so f**king heavy leaving me comparatively weak and I'm thinking a short spell of r+r might be in order. I might add that I am and always have been 'eu natural' - this obviously plays a large part in recovery times.

How do YOU know when you're doing too much and what do you do about it? do you take time out? eat more? lower volume or intensity? etc etc.

How does Sugden recover?

I'm far from an expert but generally I'm of the opinion that within reason your body will adapt to the amount of stress you put it under. So providing you're not getting injuries if you stick with whatever split your on the point will come when your body will accept that.

Having said that 6 days sounds a lot especially considering event training and heavy training. I'd say stick with it for a while, perhaps accept a little plateau and after a while if your still feeling beat up and aren't making the progress you'd like then consider dropping a day maybe.

Hopefully some of the really experienced guys will chime in and give you some advice as this is a subject I'm interested in also.
» Compression shorts (Go to post)05-04-2014 @ 20:09 
So generally what's considered best for strongman training, compression or neoprene? I'm in the market and unsure which way to go. I've seen the Rehband compression shorts online but can't find any Rehband neoprene shorts, like the old blue style.

So generally what's best and anyone have any idea where/if the Rehband neoprene's are available?
» Low bar squats (Go to post)04-04-2014 @ 17:31 
JonA81 said:Broomstick dislocates daily for a ton of reps.
http://davedraper.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/borisdislocates....
Can do these with a band or a broomstick, look to move your grip in over time but dont force it.

Brilliant, thanks for that. I'll start them tomorrow.
» Low bar squats (Go to post)04-04-2014 @ 10:58 
Advice needed please. My squats hit a plateau, probably in main to me not training it hard enough and regular enough.

So I've two questions I'd really appreciate some help with. Firstly I have major flexibility issues, meaning I can only comfortably hold the bar collar to collar, which isn't an option where I train currently as the rack won't allow me to take that stance. Any simple stretches I can do daily in an attempt to increase mobility, as I'd really like to try to squat with a low bar and can't even get close.

Secondly I'm soon to own a safety squat bar. I've never used one before, generally how would that be programmed into a squat day. Would it be best to train in blocks, say 4 weeks SSB, 4 weeks box squat, 4 weeks conventional? Or to use it weekly alongside conventional squats?

Sorry for long post, all and any help is appreciated.
» Deadlifts, deficit deadlifts and rackpulls (Go to post)30-03-2014 @ 09:37 
stewartflett13 said:Never tried deficits but the guy I train used to do deficits with the bar almost touching his toes did kinda think this was to far down what do you guy think

Deficits are a great way to learn to pull explosively off the floor, it just seems like everyone has a different height that there comfortable with until it becomes almost a different list. As far as I understand konstantin konstantinovs does actually pull from 4" deficit.

Try different heights and see what's comfortable and still feels like a deadlift. But don't just take my word on it there are plenty of guys on here with monster deadlifts.
» 280kg deadlift PB (Go to post)29-03-2014 @ 17:48 
Very nice. Nice smooth lockout too
» rate for 2nd hand one inch plates (Go to post)29-03-2014 @ 17:09 
simon_knowles said:
Richie Allen put something on Facebook recently about selling some plates.

Not on Facebook but ill get a friend to have a look. Thanks mate
» rate for 2nd hand one inch plates (Go to post)29-03-2014 @ 16:16 
unit94 said:
My jt log weighs 65kg. Think that's fairly average.

That's perfect thanks. My phone auto corrected it to wait instead of weight and had no idea how to edit.

Thanks for that
» rate for 2nd hand one inch plates (Go to post)29-03-2014 @ 14:26 
jt said:I sold a load recently at 75p kg

Don't suppose you ever have any olympic plates for sale?

Also looking to order one of your logs really soon, what's the average sort of wait for one?

Thanks
» 310 paused squat pb (Go to post)28-03-2014 @ 23:50 
Amazing squat. Do you follow any particular training plan for squats or train by feel. I'm at a bit of a plateau and videos like this make me want it even more. Any advice is welcome.

Again, incredible power

You are here: HomeForumHeavySingle → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions