REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 175 guests
You are here: HomeForumKong → View All Posts

View All Posts: Kong

» Help composing routine without proper equipment... (Go to post)18-01-2009 @ 15:02 
I live in Doncaster, South Yorkshire. My gym has a 60kg log that i can add weight to and Farmers Walk weights (Old gas bottles with handles welded on) but they only weigh 70kg. I'm going to go hunting for some heavy rocks later so i can practice moving under weight as there is a path behind my house i just need to find a space where i would be allowed to store and use a yoke frame.
» Help composing routine without proper equipment... (Go to post)16-01-2009 @ 14:07 
Thanks a lot for the tips and links. Gonna hammer the Zerchers and Walkouts till i can get the equipment sorted and throw in a lot of extra grip work. Gonna invest in an oly barbell asap so i can use the collar for practicing atlas stones. Looks like a lot of fun.
» U105kg Northern Qualifier (Go to post)15-01-2009 @ 14:05 
Cheers pal
» Help composing routine without proper equipment... (Go to post)15-01-2009 @ 00:58 
Post Edited: 15.01.2009 @ 00:58 AM by Kong
Hey guys wanting to start moving more towards strongman training but there are no Strongman Gym's near me and i cant drive. I compiled this routine as its all i can come up with for now to help so any input/suggestions would be vastly appreciated as i'm new to strongman stuff. I know bench isn't really required but wanna keep it in for some future powerlifing meets.

Workout A

Squat
DL/Zercher Deadlft
Bench

Workout B

Walkout (Kind of a Yoke simultion, will help with getting me used to the weights)/Farmers Walk
Log Clean & Press/Military Press
Row/Power Clean

All lifts use Wendlers 5/3/1 rep scheme(or distance/time with the farmers walk obviously).
Alternate workouts over Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Cheers guys.
» U105kg Northern Qualifier (Go to post)14-01-2009 @ 23:14 
What's your guy's views on amateurs competing. I'm not exactly gonna get a placing but would be cool to just give it a go. Is that ok or frowned upon?
You are here: HomeForumKong → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions