REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 199 guests
You are here: HomeForumempirefit → View All Posts

View All Posts: empirefit

» Moorland Games 2015 (Go to post)18-03-2015 @ 17:45 
Amc123 said:Anyone know what this event will be? A boulder or a yoke style event? New to this stuff but looking to compete in the moorlands

It will be very similar to a Husafell Stone carry, except with a natural rock instead of with a molded concrete shield. This video is probably the best example; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgFgdPC2_uM
» Moorland Games 2015 (Go to post)14-03-2015 @ 12:48 
List of those signed up so far.
graham phillips Heavy
James Turner Heavy
steven purvis Heavy
Scott Hansen Heavy
David Manson Heavy
Daniel meek Heavy
Johnathan Bennett Heavy
Callum Crozier Heavier
Rob Russell Heavier
colin whiteley Heavier
Ben Grant Heavier
Cameron Goodsir Heavier
Steven Walker Heavier
richard hansen Heavier
Eddie Wilson Heavier
Brian wright Heavier
Graeme Russell Heavier
phil matthews Heavier
» Moorland Games 2015 (Go to post)26-02-2015 @ 19:40 
newhybrid said:to be fair highland games comps are held the world over and have been for decades Happy

True it was watching videos of a Canadian one that made me want to put one in the first place. But you can't blame a guy for building some hype.
» Moorland Games 2015 (Go to post)26-02-2015 @ 19:39 
JackRevans said:what are the events?

also is sumo allowed and will there be favourable lighting?

If you want to sumo the quarry carry, be my guest and I heard that the Yorkshire sun is more favorable than any gym changing room.
» Moorland Games 2015 (Go to post)26-02-2015 @ 19:37 
Here is the facebook page bud - https://www.facebook.com/events/373847176133083
» Spring Strength Games (Go to post)20-01-2015 @ 10:17 
blinki said:Will squats be adjusted so everyone squats to parallel or same depth for all? Regular bar or a thicker one?

No loading the sandbag at the end, just over the line with it?

Pick your own weight for log or set increments? Limited attempts, keep going til you're out, allowed to skip weights?

Tacky allowed for stones?

I don't think it says on the event page but sorry if I've just been blind

Hi Blinki,

One height for all competitors on the squat, while this does give an advantage to the shorter guys they certainly lose out when it comes to events like stone loading. It will also be a regular old barbell.

Sandbag just needs to be carried across the line, no loading.

The log is done in 5kg increments, you can skip as many lifts as you like. last man standing style.

Tacky allowed for stones.
» Spring Strength Games (Go to post)16-01-2015 @ 18:11 
beza said:What's the max amount your having in the beginners?

Up to thirty. It's such a massive venue, we can have multiple competitors going at once, so be a shame not to make the most of it.
» Spring Strength Games (Go to post)13-01-2015 @ 20:57 
Sparrow said:
I am definitely considering it - I just need to build some strength first!
Any idea on the final event yet?
Is Madders not doing it?

Sadly the welder that we use is no longer making equipment so I'm at plan B a hand over hand.
» Spring Strength Games (Go to post)12-01-2015 @ 13:26 
Wow thanks Richie!!

We've had a fair bit of love, with the vast majority coming from beginners and novices. Hopefully I can peak the interest of a few inters on here.
» Spring Strength Games (Go to post)06-01-2015 @ 09:37 
goo.gl/tlVjn7

7/3/15 @ Crossfit Qdos Manchester
£20 to compete - £3 for spectators

Three categories, five events, 50 competitors and one hell of a competition. Below is the current list of events, these are subject to change and change they may, so be warned.

Beginners/Novice/Inters

Squat for reps - 130/180/200
Worlds Strongest Man style – Touching tyres down on to platforms at your side. Similar to this

Yoke into Sandbag - 220+60/280+80/320+80
Twenty metre yoke carry, from which you grab the sandbag, turn around and sprint the the twenty metres back.

Max Log - Opening weight - 60/80/90
The same format as the Deadlift at the Winter Games, weight going up each time. Last man Standing wins.

Stone Loading - 60+70+80/80+90+100/90+100+110
Three Stones loaded on to increasingly high platforms.

Final Event - TBN
Giles and I are working on this one at the moment. Bare with us.

Any questions let me know on here or chris@strengthgames.co.uk
» Night Series (Go to post)02-12-2014 @ 22:59 
It's York at a gym called Crossfit Compello
» Night Series (Go to post)30-11-2014 @ 15:11 
Post Edited: 30.11.2014 @ 15:13 PM by empirefit
Trying to do something a little different, let me know what you think of the idea/if you want to compete.

Two Events - Yoke Carry & Car Deadlift
Knockout Rounds - Bottom four competitors dropped each time.

The video sums it up far better than I can in writing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPzVAf8VTSY

You can sign up here - http://strengthgames.co.uk/competitions/night-series-2015/
» Winter Strength Games - Leeds - Strongman/woman Comp (Go to post)23-10-2014 @ 22:20 
rian1987 said:One in Dewsbury but I'm 5 mins away from headingley so much easier for me if they have the kit there.

The gym itself is decent and has plenty of strongman equip. Might be worth in going in and having a look.
» Winter Strength Games - Leeds - Strongman/woman Comp (Go to post)23-10-2014 @ 17:57 
rian1987 said:
Would I be able to come and practice the events before hand? What's the standard of guys like?

Sorry man but I'm only moving the equipment into the gym the day before. The standard of guys varies greatly from those who have never used any equipment before to those with a few novice comps under there belt. It's a mixed bag as always but it's just good experience at the end of the day.
» Winter Strength Games - Leeds - Strongman/woman Comp (Go to post)23-10-2014 @ 09:21 
rian1987 said:
Yeah that's what I'm worried about. Already had one ruptured bicep. Don't want another

If your still interested the weight has been dropped on the stone to 100kg and a space has opened up in the novice.

There's a video explaining it here https://www.facebook.com/thestrengthgames

You are here: HomeForumempirefit → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions