REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 77 guests
You are here: HomeForumThe_Lone_Wolf → View All Posts

View All Posts: The_Lone_Wolf

12345678910 ... ... 190191192193194195196197198199200

» Diabeetus Question (Go to post)24-03-2023 @ 11:26 
billynomates said:
Your past feasting exploits, as documented here, were legendary. Is it much of a culture shock to now be dieting and losing weight?

Thank you haha, I have certainly done some damage in the past not only to myself, but also buffet restaurants.

The honest answer is that I sought professional help for food addiction, but my GP shot me down in classic GP style. I ended up doing my own therapy and learned tools to help me with my own eating issues. However, it does still creep up on me quite often and I have to take a step back and have word with myself. The strongest tool I learned was self-accountability and the art of discipline.

I don’t think it is a culture shock because I still eat foods that I like, just try my best to manage my intake and not eat everything in sight. Last night I cooked a 2kg beef joint, and once rested and served, I ate 500g of beef and consumed all the resting juices. I felt fairly full and content in my stomach, but my brain was delayed and was trying to make me eat more. I declined and stood strong, and maintained my discipline.

The current situation I find myself is so far has been quite easy to manage. My weight has gone up and down over the last 10 years, with my lowest weight of 93kg when I competed in a comp, up to my a ghastly 120kg. None of that is quality tissue mind, but I do carry it quite well.

Regardless, my health is currently a focus and I do not need to be the weight I am now at 40 years of age. It offers me no benefit, and it certainly is not needed for sporting performance. Just a fat mess sadly. All of that comes down to a life long issue with overeating and gluttony (Which is why I gravitated to strongman and powerlifting to 'justify' the eating).

My advice to anyone past 40 is to really take a good hard and long look in the mirror and to be honest with yourself, which is often the hardest person to be honest with. Health truly is wealth!

Find a diet, or at least a nutritional plan that you like, and that you can follow. Be more active, and try to take positive steps to change things. Keep an eye on markers such as blood pressure, weight, body fat levels, quality and amount of sleep, blood work if you can. I‘ve got 4 kids ranging from 16 to almost 2, and I’d rather they didn’t have to come to my funeral for another 40 plus years.
» Diabeetus Question (Go to post)22-03-2023 @ 15:09 
In the last 2 months I have gone from 117kg down to my current weight of 108kg.

A simple approach of keto diet and fasting.

I have an office job, and I don't lift any more, so my requirements for carbs as my primary energy source are small. Plus, carb foods make me overeat very quickly.

I do not think that keto or fasting are magic, but I feel good on both and I'm losing weight. I am still tracking my calories, but all in all, finding something that works for you is important.
» TRT THREAD (Go to post)03-03-2023 @ 09:19 
A little update...

I've managed to get a blood test booked in next month for a blood panel due to concerns over low test. The Dr I spoke to on the phone seemed like he thought I was a candidate after explaining my issues.

I will be very interested to see what comes back and shall update accordingly. I don't expect the NHS to suddenly get me on TRT, but just seeing the results will be an interesting tool to help me make a decision on what route I take.
» Got a Prince Charles 50p the other day! (Go to post)24-02-2023 @ 15:20 
matthewvc said:
I've got an old 10 baht note with the previous Thai King on it (died 2016).
My thai missus is adamant its 'ultra rare' as they've being 10 baht coins for years. I checked and found its worth exactly 10 baht. (25p)

Well at least we are not out of pocket buddy!
» Got a Prince Charles 50p the other day! (Go to post)24-02-2023 @ 13:41 
Glory days of funky currency!

I recently became the proud owner of a very shiny 50p piece, dated 2017 that has a frog on it saying Mr Jeremy Fisher.

My inestigations tell me that this coin is worth 50p.
» TRT THREAD (Go to post)25-01-2023 @ 09:19 
Steroids, pro hormones an SARMS... Thats the order in my eyes.

My basis here is that the 'classic' steroids have been around for a very long time, and have more understanding and feedback. Pro Hormones and then SARMS came along, because everyone is looking for the next best thing, the newest drug, the the best results, the best gains etc etc.

Eventually these things get more research on them and eventually banned.

There is however a reason why most people stick to the classics... They work and they work well.

I'm not saying pro hormones and sarms don't work, because they do... BUT, I know people that have used both prohormones and sarms because they think they're safer. This is not always the case. There are some VERY strong pro hormoes out there lke Superdrol, M1t and Mdien. These are not supplements like creatine, they're pwoerful PED's. Some of the new SARMS come with some very nasty side effects. Please be careful when going down these roads chaps.
» TRT THREAD (Go to post)17-01-2023 @ 15:36 
jt said:
I think these supplements will be a good start for me.
Thanks to all the youngsters in this thread for their input.
Pete, I accept natural ageing and don't expect to be super hench its the permanent fatigue and low mood which I am struggling with.

I think that the low mood is the worst thing... Loss of strength and aching joints, lowered sex drive etc are all crap, but understandable. The low mood though is what drives men over the edge in my opinion.

While there are lots of stratigies to help with low mood, and lifestyle changes etc, when you feel like s**t constantly it is hard to try and turn that corner. Please ensure that you speak to loved ones and friends etc and not struggle on your own mate.
» TRT THREAD (Go to post)16-01-2023 @ 11:31 
AMH_Power said:
Thanks mate! I had tests years ago and remember them being higher than average but not silly high; I know now they are similar to a 21 year old according to my doctor.
I think I took DAA when it was the rage but didn't get anything from it; with the above there's objective measurements; not just the blood work, but my balls are notably larger and I could spray the Mrs up the wall... so I'm absolutely convinced at least one of the above is a game changer. Which? who knows haha.
Will check out Stans stuff, seen stuff from him before about blood pressure and salt, was interesting!

Haha I remember being on a high dose Trib, Bulbine and DAA stack and I produced what can only be described as a nuclear jizz missile. I have never recreated that bolt since, but I remember having my woman at the time doggy style, pulling out and this scud missile firing over her body and hitting the wall. Glory days.

Stans stuff is good because it is all easy to follow and relatable. His stuff is applicable to natural and enhanced lifters too, so it is nice.

I'm 40 in the next few weeks, and I've only just started lifting and exercising again after a few years off. I'm hoping it will perk me up just being active again, but I can certainly feel all the classic symptons of low test.

I will go down the TRT route at some point, but may give the natural supplements and lifestyle habits chance a few more chances before I finally do.
» TRT THREAD (Go to post)16-01-2023 @ 10:38 
AMH_Power said:Just thought I'd share something that may be of value. I've never taken anything along the lines of hormones etc with the exception of prednisolone for severe hay fever. Anyway...

When I returned to training following a tear in the artery in my neck, I was just feeling down and depressed all the time; and put it down to side effects of having a stroke etc. Anyway, I got a blood test just in case.

It came back at 12.1 nmol and 98 pnol for oestradiol; which from my understanding is on the lower side, but not TRT low low. A second test about 9 weeks later was 11.9, so wasn't a single bad test from sleep or stress etc.

Anyway, I made some adjustments/habits/supplement changes:

Fadogia Aggrestis: 800mg a day.
Turkesterone: 1000mg a day.
Tongkat Ali: 400mg a day.

8 hours sleep, religiously.

Blast my balls with cold shower water 2x a day.

Anyway, my last hormone test was 24.6nmol testosterone and 82pmol for oestradiol. I went on to bench 250kg and right now, probably the strongest I've ever been @37 and suffering some mega set backs.

I don't doubt there's a mix and match of placebo/nocebo/actual change from the above, but even if one of them makes a difference, I'll remain as is.

I'd exhaust this before making a leap into a hole without a ladder!

Good to see you well and posting again mate, and I'm glad you're back on track and over the hurdles.

Interesting results on your blood tests. Had you ever had them done before when you was on your peak pre setbacks? I always had you down as a natural genetic silverback who was just meant to be a machine haha.

Turkesterone has been getting lots of good reports about it recently, and it has been on my radar, but I wanted to give it a while before trying for more data. I remember the old days of tribulus and then the new kid of DAA etc... All the rage back in the day and made my urine and jizz very expensive.

We can all agree that lifestyle choices and habits will play a good role in ones health, wellbeing and ball bag power. Sleep for sure is one of the best!

For those wondering on some good lifestyle habits and pointers, look up Stan Efferding videos on youtube. He promotes his vertial diet, but he also makes so many good points about sleep and other stuff. Worth a look.
» TRT THREAD (Go to post)16-01-2023 @ 10:29 
PeteHodgson said:Is this just what happens as we age? Should we not learn to be happy doing what we can?
Probably tbh.
But it’s a bit s**t. You start off thinking ‘if I can stay as strong as I am I’ll be happy’
Then it’s ‘ as long as I don’t lose too much strength’
Then it’s ‘ffs I weaker then a small child what can I do?!?!’

Part of me agrees, and part of me says no...

Ultimatlety, it is down to personal choice. I agree that it is just part of getting old, and old father time letting us know that we steadily going down hill. But... For some, the negative impact of low test can be truly awful, and if there is a way just to help out and give a life and a spring in the step I'm all for it.

If TRT is done correctly, there are no negatives and it can greatly impact someones life for the better.
» TRT THREAD (Go to post)16-01-2023 @ 09:53 
Boar said:i very nearly decided to 'go on and stay on' but there is always a price to pay at the other end , which may or may not be worth it , and im a natural worrier so thought i will stay as i am

if you were to go on the self prescribed stuff , just buy it and be sensible with the dose , maybie pay for some private bloods .............and drink once again from the fountain of youth

This is where I think many men get it a bit wrong, and I thik its very easy to fall into that trap. You start TRT and feel amazing, and understandably so... But then you think well what if I just bump it up a smidge... It can be a slippery slode.

I would say that getting bloods done on the regular is vital to monitor health and longevity.

True TRT is a low dosage compared to what most people who use PEDs actually use. Someome may say that they're on TRT but they're actually on 400mg a week for example. That is not TRT, that is a decent dosage of test!

And yes, you have to the pay the piper if you abuse it too.

If done correctly, with a sensible dose and you monitor everything else, life will be much better and it is very safe.
» TRT THREAD (Go to post)13-01-2023 @ 14:17 
jt said:I know there was one a few years back but i cannot find it.

I was wondering if my recent malaise could be due to my natural Testosterone production going on a permanent holiday

My GP kindly did a blood test kidney liver thyroid all perfect

Testosterone "normal" for the NHS normal is between 9 and 34 I scored 14 which I think is pretty low in the normal range sadly I have no data from 2 10 or 20 years ago to compare but I would like to think my Test would of been much higher up in the normal range.

I have no plans to compete again the NHS won't give me TRT so my dilemma is do I go black market or wait another couple of years till the rest of my test pisses off.

Just to add too, from what I've heard and read on this topic from friends and other forums, you're better off trying to sort it now than waiting! Things will not suddenly get better it seems. Looking at a private clinic will be your best option.

The NHS will generally just look at the numbers from the results, and won't take into account how you feel and all the negative sides you will be having. Unless you get an upto date doctor who is aware of this topic, you are pretty much farked.

I recall a thread on the old Muscle Talk forum where some tried to cheat the test by taking some oral steroids in the lead up to the blood test which would surpress his own test levels. The results came back as desired and the test was super low. The doctor simply said come back in a few months and we will test again... The individual ended up just giving up on that path and pinning themselves.
» TRT THREAD (Go to post)13-01-2023 @ 14:10 
I find myself in the same boat... I'm 40 very soon, and I feel like I'm 80.

Of course, I know that my current decline is very normal, but it should not be considered as just getting old and you have to get on with it. I want to feel like a f**king stallion again, or at least feel half decent. TRT is frowned upin by many, and the NHS do not like to go down this route unless it is drastic.

You are currently ahead of me in already having a bloodtest done on the NHS. I was looking at a private clinic called OptiMale. They ultimatley help dudes like us get back on track. I beleive you can send them your current blood test results and they will open the door for a private and legal pathway to test.
» Paul Savage has died (Go to post)10-12-2022 @ 10:32 
RIP Paul. Truly awful news and far too young to die.
» The Lone Wolf - Strength and Feasting! (Go to post)13-10-2022 @ 11:41 
Well that previous post was a big fat lie. Sadly nothing positive happened.

Maybe I will start again.

12345678910 ... ... 190191192193194195196197198199200

You are here: HomeForumThe_Lone_Wolf → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions