REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 43 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumThe_Lone_Wolf → View All Posts

View All Posts: The_Lone_Wolf

12345678910 ... ... 165166167168169170171172173174175

» had to laugh at the doctor (Go to post)04-07-2014 @ 08:35 
P.S She wanted the D too...
» had to laugh at the doctor (Go to post)04-07-2014 @ 08:34 
I'm currently out with an acute strain of my left SI joint. Been a few weeks no and I'm not even training any more.

I did the same to my right one early last year and it was a long recovery process. This time I intend to rehab it a lot more sensibly and do stretches, mobility work and build up the strength around all the weak areas slowly.

It's s**t to be honest, and the pain at times is horrible. I was taking over a packet of ibuprofen daily in true sugden style and it didn't even touch it. I'm now on naproxen and that seems to help, that or I'm getting better hopefully.

I strongly suggest rehabbing it correctly and slowly, I didn't last time and it went again a few months down the line. I pretty much lost of around 10 months of training last year due to being a complete bellend and not rehabbing it.
» Strengthshop ODIN elbow sleeves for sale XXXL (Go to post)04-07-2014 @ 08:27 
hifilover said:Got a pair of Odin XXXL sleeves for sale; bought them ages ago and only used a few times but too small now for me so will need to get XXXXL now!

25 inc postage; PM me if you want them

Out of interest, how do you rate these sleeves and how much carry over do you get from them? I've been pondering getting some odins for quite some time, but they was banned from the last comp I entered.
» Reebok Sale (Go to post)02-07-2014 @ 20:16 
JonA81 said:
Do you need to be a proper Nigel to wear these?

I think that being a Nigel can add 15kg to any PB, so perhaps!
» Reebok Sale (Go to post)02-07-2014 @ 15:53 
JonA81 said:Look like overpriced converse, am I missing something?

These are designed by Jesse Burdick and Mark Bell, and from everything I read and hear are superior to converse.
» Reebok Sale (Go to post)02-07-2014 @ 15:14 
I've found it...

Just type EXTRA20 into the code area at the checkout!

Anyone going to get any of these boots, or already tried them?
» Reebok Sale (Go to post)02-07-2014 @ 15:03 
There is an additional 20% off of the price of 52... Have I read that correct?

If so, how do I apply that?
» Strongman charity day (Go to post)02-07-2014 @ 09:24 
Good luck and all the best with this.
» Deadlift World Record - Predictions (Go to post)01-07-2014 @ 14:54 
But isn't the world record dead lift 460kg without straps? Set of course by Benni?
» Any aquarium enthusiasts? (Go to post)01-07-2014 @ 12:28 
little_a said:I have a 9'2'2' which I'm told by a professor of maths is about 1000l. Filtered by an external Fluval FX5, with T5 daylight and moonlight bulbs. Been up and running with the same fish for about 5 years now and just getting ready to swap over the filter media. Once a month or so I switch off, detatch and clean out the filter with a hosepipe in the back garden and put back in place. That's all the maintenance it needs. I feed my fish once a day. I never do water changes, check ph, toxins or anything else, and I don't treat the water when I'm topping it up. Hosepipe in, switch on. Mine is tropical freshwater with 3 x 50w heaters spread throughout the tank.

One thing I will say is don't overstock your tank. I have 6 fish in mine. 4 Giant Gourami's, a kissing Gourami and a plec (or as Fat Pete calls it "that big ugly bas***d"). The biggest Gourami is about 20" and looks to have stopped growing.

Once set up an aquarium is quite easy to manage and is one of the most relaxing interests a man can have apart from furious masturbation. The bigger the tank the less the maintenance. Not for everyone, but I love them.

EDIT - spending a bit more on an external filter is well worth it when it comes to cleaning and maintenance. Also, apart from the filter media (which cost about 20) I haven't spent on it at all since it was set up.

Spot on advice.

Once setup correctly, it's a lot easier in the long run.
» Deadlift World Record - Predictions (Go to post)01-07-2014 @ 12:06 
hixxy1985 said:400 is the opening lift yes

im not sure the deadlift guys have to do all the lifts. They can choose.

This is what makes it interesting...

I mean, we all know that the guys who are just there to deadlift can all pull 400, so in theory, will they be opening beyond that?

Plus, do to the insane amounts of weight in question, I assume they can nominate any increase in weight per lift? So we can see things like a 3kg jump or even 0.5 kgs etc.
» Deadlift World Record - Predictions (Go to post)01-07-2014 @ 11:45 
hixxy1985 said:be mental if they all did 461kg.

They are all aiming for that i believe. Going more after such a big pull may not be possible.

What do you think they will open with then? I mean when weights get that high, how much do you pull when warming up without taking too much energy out the tank?
» Deadlift World Record - Predictions (Go to post)01-07-2014 @ 11:24 
I don't think Shaw is a bad shout to be honest, but there are so many good lifters here that it will just come down to who can peak on the day and of course, have a bit of luck with niggles and injuries etc.

I can't wait to see it unfold.
» Deadlift World Record - Predictions (Go to post)01-07-2014 @ 10:32 
GATES said:
420 he pulled at the Arnold, with been very good mates with Andy and also training and talking to him about it I have every confidence in him doing well.
Nobody knows who will win, which for me makes the show even better as there is no clear person who is expected to win.
You would be stupid to rule Andy out as you would be if you ruled out benni because of his hand.
I my self am looking forward to the show

This.

There is no clear outright winner here, it will all come together on the day.
» Only a matter of time before someone is killed.. (Go to post)01-07-2014 @ 08:39 
I'm just waiting for someone to try and prank Megatron and call him a potato head to his face... All kinds of hell will break loose!

12345678910 ... ... 165166167168169170171172173174175

You are here: HomeForumThe_Lone_Wolf → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2019 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto