REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 200 guests
You are here: HomeForumPikefingers → View All Posts

View All Posts: Pikefingers

12345678910 ... ... 4849505152535455565758

» Me and Benni Deadlifting Wednesday night (Go to post)04-04-2014 @ 22:19 
Andy has previously said that he's never more than 6 weeks from being ready to compete (when he's not injured of course) -ie. pre comp build-ups don't need to be more than 6 weeks long.That would mean that this was probably pretty much the start of his pre-comp build-up.

As others have said he virtually never maxes out outside of comps (claims to never do it), so going this heavy (I think it's 300) for reps early in his training cycle should mean that he's on good form.

IMO Benni is still the deadlift king though - but it's pretty close.
» How much beef can I eat? (Go to post)03-04-2014 @ 12:44 
Wasn't sure whether this was a serious thread when I got to this bit. Massive LOL.

If you have bowels of stainless steel and deep pockets feel free to crack on with the beef experiment and let us know how you get on.

(I also quite like the idea of massive beef consumption, but not sure whether I could stomach 9 meals of it in 3 days). Good luck.

samue1son said:I spend about £60 a week on my meat.

But that gets me quite a lot from the delivering butchers.
That's certainly a couple of pounds of beef a day without any issue of expenditure.

I'm thinking about upping my beef intake. I have like 1 large ass rib-eye one evening after a workout and usually 2 of my 6 meals for only one day a week.

I'd like to think about having 3 full days a week on beef. So that would be 3 meals a day, 3 days a week.

I want to make my life easy and I've discovered I frikn LOVE beef.

» Strongman training commences! (Go to post)01-04-2014 @ 22:47 
Good to see some squats making it into your programme. They will definitely help you put on that next 10kg - and will also make you look more like a boss for the girls on the beach at my wedding in FL.
» How do you Train? (Go to post)31-03-2014 @ 12:39 
Twice a week - fully body routine both times. (Mon squat & bench + assistance, Thurs Deadlift & pullups + assistance).

I usually do some pressups on a saturday (100-250), just to get a bit of extra pressing in, even though I know it's no substitute for the gym.

Used to do a third session on wednesday, which was basically just for bench plus a few other bits and bobs.

Have been doing this for years and am still making some progress. Only family and work commitments keep me from doing 1 extra session per week, but I still wouldn't train more than 3 times a week (plus pressups on sat) as I don't think I would have enough recovery time otherwise.

Having said that, I have read 'Beyond Brawn' by Stuart McRobert and I may have just been brainwashed into thinking anything more than a moderate level of training is too much for 'natural' lifters.
» 445 deadlift (Go to post)12-03-2014 @ 21:44 
Given that he's only recently started heavy training again, I'm sure that Bennie still has it in him to break his record. If he wants it and can stay injury free I can see 465-470 this year. Bennie is the king.
» Powerlifting and strongman idols (Go to post)12-03-2014 @ 21:32 
Konstantinovs, Bennie, Glenn Ross.
» Powerlifting and strongman idols (Go to post)12-03-2014 @ 21:32 
Konstantinovs, Bennie, Glenn Ross.
» Who micro loads? (Go to post)12-03-2014 @ 12:41 
I was doing this regularly at one time and was able to add quite a bit of weight to my 5 rep bench PB. The reason was as other have stated that weekly increases of 2.5 would have been too much to manage and the micro plates allowed me to increase my lifts every week throughout a training cycle.

I acknowldege that not using the same plates could potentially render small changes useless though.
» Finishing last (with weights, not your girlfriend) (Go to post)12-03-2014 @ 12:26 
This is one of the things I liek about powerlifting (and I should know as I have some experience of coming last or thereabouts in comps). -Whatever your position in a competition your performance still has a measureable value because it is also judged on the total weight you lifted.

In other words (as others have said), if you came last, but got a PB total, who gives a s**t?

I took up powerlifting because I liked the idea of training to be strong. I have been successful in that in as far as I'm now much stronger than I was and pretty strong compared to most gym-goers of my size.

Judging your performance by measuring your strength against the average guy is another that's worth you thinking about when you're evaluating your success.

It's easy to compete alongside a load of monsters and get beaten heavily on your total and get dragged down by the idea that that means taht you're eitehr not strong or not setting out what you aimed to achieve. -But that's not necessarily true at all.

I say go out and compete, aim for improvement and if you hit PB's then you're heading in the right direction regardless of your level relative to others.
» Strongman training commences! (Go to post)03-03-2014 @ 22:19 
Post Edited: 03.03.2014 @ 22:21 PM by Pikefingers
deleted triple post
» Strongman training commences! (Go to post)03-03-2014 @ 22:18 
Keep it up mate. -A few more calories, a bit more heavy stuff and I'm sure you will put in a decent first showing.

Also, I deadlifted 210 last week and we both know you should be lifting a lot more than I am, so I hope that spurs you on to get your arse back in gear.
» Strongman training commences! (Go to post)03-03-2014 @ 22:18 
Keep it up mate. -A few more calories, a bit more heavy stuff and I'm sure you will put in a decent first showing.

Also, I deadlifted 210 last week and we both know you should be lifting a lot more than I am, so I hope that spurs you on to get your arse back in gear.
» Benni 400 X 5 (Go to post)19-02-2014 @ 12:35 
He clearly had more in the tank after this set:

380x2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyrYGNDC7EI

PS. Sorry about not embedding the vids. Will read post on how to.
» Benni 400 X 5 (Go to post)19-02-2014 @ 12:32 
As others have said this vid was from a few years ago, but he seems to be currently on the comeback trail - probably in preparation for WSM.

According to his twitter feed he did 380x3 a few days ago. There is also a video on youtube of him doing 380 x2 recently and making it look comfortable.

I don't know if he will beat his previous best, because that would probably mean him deciating himslef to lifting again for a while and he seems ti loike to take time off, but I'm sure that he will soon lift some massive weights again.

Here's Benni with a 350KG yoke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74ByFmGtlEQ
» WL clubs London (Go to post)18-02-2014 @ 12:55 
It's a bit further out (North-west, Wembly direction) from the areas you're talking about, but Genesis in Alperton has to be the best powerlifting gym in west london and one of the best if not the best in London.

12345678910 ... ... 4849505152535455565758

You are here: HomeForumPikefingers → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions