REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 254 guests
You are here: HomeForumPikefingers → View All Posts

View All Posts: Pikefingers

12345678910 ... 11 ... 4849505152535455565758

» Rio Ferdinand Boxing? (Go to post)23-09-2017 @ 22:39 
PaulSavage said:
We are not all created equally or the same, a human does not = a human. How can a polar bear, that's 200kg+ and pregnant, survive for as long as a year without eating a single thing?

Interesting point, but polar bears can lose in excess of 40% during hibernation.
» Rio Ferdinand Boxing? (Go to post)22-09-2017 @ 17:56 
This is only for a TV show anyway. He's not really taking up boxing.

As mentioned above, age would be his main barrier if he was seriously thinking of a boxing career.
» Paul Savage training log (Go to post)13-09-2017 @ 22:18 
Congrats to Becca on another great performance by the way.
» Paul Savage training log (Go to post)13-09-2017 @ 22:17 
A 200KG+ squat was cited as one of Becca' previous achievements when she first came on the scene. That suggests she was already extremely strong before you started training together.
» Sugden Barbell is 11 years old (Go to post)27-08-2017 @ 00:06 
Happy birthday Sugden.

I was assuming a Mayweather shutout, but it seem like the weight difference will be massive. Floyd can't even bulk up to 154 and McGregor is talking about entering the ring around 170.
» Caravan parks in or near Urmston, Manchester (Go to post)22-08-2017 @ 22:10 
Let us know if you see Tyson Fury.
» Zercher Squats (Go to post)22-08-2017 @ 18:55 
Did my second session of Zercher squats yesterday and I'm enjoying them. Increased the weight to a brutal 52.5KG.

One thing I've noticed is that I can't quite get to depth because my elbows/ forearms come down on top of my thighs. Wondering how to fix this.
» Zercher Squats (Go to post)16-08-2017 @ 22:12 
Thanks Boar. I've been a reader of Wayne's log and wondered whether he might pop in here but this is more Zercher Squat than Zercher focused.

Interesting to hear from Unit about the carryover for stones. I can see that.

I see from Wayne's log that he's done a 200KG Zercher Squat which I imagine must have been pretty painful if done without a pad on the bar.
» Zercher Squats (Go to post)16-08-2017 @ 21:42 
Does anyone do these?

I did them yesterday and although they are brutally uncomfortable (holding bar in the crook of your elbows) I enjoyed them.

My reason for trying them is that I was looking for a squat variation that I can do without upsetting my dodgy lower back (suspected prolapsed disk or something similar).

I only used 50KG as I'd never tried them before and haven't really squatted for months. Discomfort from holding the bar feels like it is the main limiting factor on weight for now.

Would be interested to hear if anyone does these regularly and whether they have found them to be a good strength builder.
» Powerlifting and Strongman Log (Go to post)15-08-2017 @ 17:58 
Polska wawaweewa! Whereabouts?
» Paul Savage training log (Go to post)15-08-2017 @ 17:55 
Paul are you familiar with Bud Jeffries from Instagram? He styles his training as 'unconventional'. He does lots of variations of compound movements, lots of stone lifting and other crazy looking feats of strength. He trains outside and is also a big strong mofo. If you're not already familiar with him check him out. Pretty interesting.
» British snakes (Go to post)08-08-2017 @ 06:29 
I briefly had a pet grass snake when i was about 8. I now know that it's not allowed to keep wild animals. I caught him by a pond and took him Home in a bucket. Somehow my Dad didn't know any better. The snake crawled out of the bucket and went between a gap between the washing machine and a cupboard. We (not me, I was 8) had to use an angle grinder to cut the front off the cupboard to get him out.
» Training journal - Powerlifting (Go to post)29-07-2017 @ 20:26 
Jesus Boar are you doing Christimas already? Nice smooth deads by the way.
» Girl 'benches' 181.5kg (-84kg, IPF) (Go to post)28-07-2017 @ 07:47 
slimsim said:
Much of this lifters rom is attributable to the width of her grip, not just her short arms. Then same advantage does not occur in the deadlift as the rom will be minimised at the point where the arms hang directly down from the shoulders. Maybe a 12in rom is too much but there must be a happy medium whereby a lodger still gains an advantage due to their body shape but not at the expense of respectability?
I can appreciate that within the realms of a full comp this lifter might not have had an advantage but in the age of YouTube/social media etc. this lift does nothing other than make a mockery of powerlifting.

Yep agreed. After seeing her appear on the vid and then seeing her first grip the bar I was expecting an almost normal ROM. There's nothing odd about her proportions.

Wide grip, arch AND bar brought down to stomach area (peak of arch) rather than chest are to blame.

I wouldn't normally criticise short ROM if it were just down to limb lengths etc. but this is ridiculous.
» Olympic bench (Go to post)27-07-2017 @ 23:20 
I think it would - just. I have an Olympic style bench and it just fits in my power rack. Try to get dimensions to check though.

12345678910 ... 11 ... 4849505152535455565758

You are here: HomeForumPikefingers → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions