REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 100 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumjwp → View All Posts

View All Posts: jwp

» Olympic lifting shoes help (Go to post)09-11-2015 @ 19:11 
Have any of you guys tried actual bowling shoes? I took a 99p ebay punt and they are my favorite lifting shoes, better than polish ironlifters, dowins and vs dynamos. Well worth a crack for the price, anyway.
» Lance Armstrong (Go to post)06-11-2015 @ 07:34 
That game on jackass where they take turns to throw something at each other's balls until someone quits.
» Who's the strongest strength athlete in the world? (Go to post)05-11-2015 @ 16:36 
" some fat lad from Alabama who does a courtesy with 500 kg"

Either a typo or the worst rentboy i've come across
» When toddlers bite (Go to post)04-11-2015 @ 16:22 
JonA81 said:
This golden age where beating kids and conscripting teenagers = No scummy c**ts... did it ever really exist?

It's hard to be a scumc**t when you're sweeping chimneys or downt mines 18 hours a day. Little s**ts!
» 'Steroid Tested' and Still the STrongest (Go to post)24-10-2015 @ 21:52 
Buddha said:
Ima help you out. Do you mean this one?
http://www.strengtheory.com/what-i-learned-to-squat-500/[/quot...

Yup, that's the series. He done wrote the next 3-6 yet?
» 'Steroid Tested' and Still the STrongest (Go to post)24-10-2015 @ 18:54 
Since there once was an inkling of nuchols in this thread, ima jump in with a question - did he ever write the rest of the "what i learned on the way to benching/squatting/deadlifting *insert increments of 50lbs*"? I've only found the first piece of each and always wondered about the rest, although admittedly not enough to do owt about it.
» Foam rolling/muscle suppleness - what's the point (Go to post)19-10-2015 @ 09:34 
As best i can tell, it's a homemade diy version of a sports massage. A softer, more general roll would equate roughly to effleurage and maybe pettrisage, while the more specifically targeted, harder spots i would liken to frictions.

The first sort generally help loosen and warm the tissues, making them more pliable and elastic etc. while increasing blood flow, lymphatic drainage and s**t, while the latter is i suppose supposed to help break down 'scar tissue' (granulation fibres which form when fibres aren't recovering properly and still have to perform, kind of like temporarily papering over the cracks to get you through), although the methodology wanders from the supposed theory to greater or lesser degrees depending on what you do.

As a sidenote, i don't bother to do it, although have done on a few specific occaisions like the day after a weekend walking the brecon beacons.
» Telling animals off (Go to post)08-10-2015 @ 07:57 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:I've never disciplined my goldfish.

Sounds like a euphymism
» Wellies that accommodate bigger-than-average calves? (Go to post)27-09-2015 @ 18:30 
Have you asked the 'shut up and squat' t-shirt guy off ebay? He both lifts (according to his top, anyway) and wears wellies.
» What to do when lift hits a sticking point?? (Go to post)25-09-2015 @ 21:01 
Find the inevitably pregnant lady stuck with you before s**t gets real.
» An Onshore & Offshore Training Log (Go to post)23-09-2015 @ 11:06 
cowie said:
Correct on the surname & location but no links to Finland though, there are a lot of Cowie's in the north east of Scotland.

Other than the car dealership i'd never heard of any more - i'm a cowie and my grandad was from aberdeen. Every day is a school day, eh!
» An Onshore & Offshore Training Log (Go to post)20-09-2015 @ 16:38 
Out of interest, is cowie your surname, and are your family from the aberdeen area or somewhere around there, with a link to finland?
» Tomato skin stuck in throat (Go to post)14-09-2015 @ 21:42 
Egg white is actually one of the havier elements produced during a supernova - it shall remain there until the death of the sun scatters it across the cosmos now, unfortunately.

I learned this from an old breakfast of microwaving eggs in a pint cup then dropping them in some toasted muffins. Turns out, leaving the cup with water in it wasn't sufficient, and my wife eventually snapped and killed me in my sleep.
» spontanious glass breakage (Go to post)11-09-2015 @ 21:20 
I was going to share a thrilling tale of glass breakage from earlier in my exotic life, however now i feel it would just be a waste of words next to the no doubt impending sordid tale of forbidden love and spurious claims of glass breakage between 2 imaginary lesbians.
» Where do you get yours? (Keg) (Go to post)01-09-2015 @ 09:08 
I was taking some s**t to the tip and there was one sat in front of the metal skip.

You are here: HomeForumjwp → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2021 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto