REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 61 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumjwp → View All Posts

View All Posts: jwp

» knee Sleeves (Go to post)08-12-2016 @ 20:40 
Mucho much of a much indeed, muchacho.

I have some poundshop ones, some sbd's, some 5mm rehbands and some titans - apart from how they feel, they are pretty much identical performance wise.
» Bodybuilder decks judge after losing 'strongman competition' (Go to post)01-12-2016 @ 21:56 
scruffmcbuff said:Next time i suck at a comp (Wont have to wait long) Ill get my penis out in protest too.

If you're gonna suck, i'll get my penis out too
» being fat makes you strong! (Go to post)01-12-2016 @ 10:40 
I thought Kris' alter ego was Purple Aka?
» 'How are you?' (Go to post)22-11-2016 @ 16:19 
I'm pretty sure i've seen her on /r/'s gonewildgape before...
» 'How are you?' (Go to post)22-11-2016 @ 11:36 
I read years back that about 70% of the energy 'produced' by muscular contractions is heat, only 30% is movement - if so, i'd bet cold blooded reptilians can smash out some lifts as long as they've paid the gas bill.

f**king reptillians, s**tting on my mediocre lifts like it's no big deal.
» Any Osteopaths/Chiropractors/Physiotherapists on here? (Go to post)21-11-2016 @ 10:54 
Post Edited: 21.11.2016 @ 10:55 AM by jwp
When i left the army i did a 2 year sports therapy course at college (for free), planning to go to chichester uni and do the sports therapist degree (for free, blair's britain!) - had to bin it off after college though because wife/kids/mortgage etc.

From what i've learned:

Find what you want to get into then find the degree - there is no "standard" like with physiotherapy, each university offers a slightly different course, and is aligned with a slightly different professional body, who deals with different a business/customer base - so the degree that will get you employed as a physical rehab therapist with the army (civillian) doesn't mean s**t to sport england, who's quals are pretty meaningless to the nhs, who don't care what the FA are looking for (all made up as i last looked into it circa 2010 but you get the gist), so figure who you want to work with, what union/professional membership/certifying body recruits etc. for them, what degree course they accept and what uni(s) offer it.

Apparently you have to be prepared for a LOT of moving around, chasing the work, offering a lot of free time etc. until you have either built a reputation/level of trust or got an 'in' with somewhere with an actual budget etc, and those first years are a real s**tsnack.

Looking back, a massage qual was a real boon for those others who continued with it all, as they could make good money during uni and while scrabbling for those initial real world years, and if you can get in to the nhs it adds a f**kton of stability to your career(life), but also ties you down to that location.

It seems a very self employed kind of field where you are chasing down the big money professional sports contracts by working for free at every other poorly funded athletics' meet and amateur netball tournament until someone notices you or you can self promote better than all those 'the apprentice' wa**ers, except you have to be s**t hot on your knowlege and skills too, no blagging it.

Of the 18ish who started our course, about 10 finished, i heard 7 of those finished uni and 2 actually work in the field, because there were too many physios graduating and the nhs didn't want them so they flooded every related field, and physiotherapy is a chartered profession or some s**t so their quals carried a lot of weight that could easier cross the political squabbles between the certifying bodies or whatever.
» Max deadlift (in kg) MINUS fastest mile (in seconds) (Go to post)03-11-2016 @ 09:39 
I'm sure one of the smaller (maybe 170lbs or so?) guys on one of the old 'ultimate fighter' shows said he used to deadlift 280+ and was a rugby back of some sort. If he wasn't bulls**tting he'd stand a fair chance.
» Urinating into the middle of the toilet (Go to post)03-11-2016 @ 09:34 
I was 27 when i learned that other men also sometimes have a split stream, i honestly thought i had something wrong going on
» Max deadlift (in kg) MINUS fastest mile (in seconds) (Go to post)31-10-2016 @ 07:56 
I've deadlifted 252 and ran an 8:50 mile and a half, which puts me around -110 (roughly). Assuming you don't mind the 11 years (roughly) between the two!
» People who wear gym specific clothing (Go to post)18-10-2016 @ 21:12 
Ten minute freeview finisher
» Welcome! (Go to post)11-10-2016 @ 16:00 
My rod is a myth, ask my wife
» Maintaining strength whilst dropping bodyweight (Go to post)28-09-2016 @ 16:52 
I'm 5'8" and my 18 incher is definitely below my knees, ladies.
» Purple Aki BBC Article (Go to post)14-09-2016 @ 21:21 
Post Edited: 14.09.2016 @ 21:22 PM by jwp
That bbc3 show was f**king shyte - he could've just f**king sat down and read the article, which conveyed the wierdness, the humour, the sadness and the pity of the story. Instead some prick asks a bunch of street gobshytes if they've seen him, put across a story which conflicted with the article (which i believe was constructed with actual evidence) on several key points, portayed the victims' stories exclusively and skimmed over just about everything which seemed important to fully rounding the story, reducing it to "horrible black man terrorises city, gets away very lightly".
» bench press (Go to post)12-09-2016 @ 12:23 
Sounds like a chronic overuse injury to me (but don't take my word for it, for f**ks' sake!), it's been years since i learned up on this s**t so i am probably missing stuff, but the basic cycle goes

Tissues are stressed and require healing before optimum fitness (ie. you lifted properly)

Insufficient recovery time before repeated stress events leads the body to use 'granulation fibres' as a temporary repair so the function is restored, albeit at a less ideal standard - it's basically a quick fix heal that isn't as strong as a fully recovered tissue, but stronger than it was to let you work again until you can recover properly (it might be related to evolution and living past a dinosour battle or some shyte)

Accumulated cycles of stress-incomplete recovery lead to a build up of these granulation fibres, which (as a consequence of being 'stand in' healing, have more pain receptors than normal - to encourage a rest for fuller recovery), which lead to cycles of pain, reduced training, resume training, increasing pain, cessation of training, reduced pain etc. etc.
» PCT HELP AND GF ADVICE (Go to post)12-09-2016 @ 12:11 
edi86 said:Has anyone refered to their willy as a peanor? I came across this today on an American bodybuilding forum.

Sounds like you should get down st pancreas too while the action is there

You are here: HomeForumjwp → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2021 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto