REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 106 guests
You are here: HomeForumJordMcl → View All Posts

View All Posts: JordMcl

» GBPF Lancs and Cheshire Powerlifting May11th (Go to post)24-02-2014 @ 01:37 
Testing in all comps would be a boss thing like. Hopefully be a big deterrent to the people who only complete at the local competitions to hit big numbers and hold records not to go and compete at the British Champs.
» A scousers way to robbing some big lifts. (Go to post)09-01-2014 @ 21:59 
Was off the past two days being inked up so I didn't train any pressing this week.
Back in today.
Tried a new bar position today on my back, felt much better for me so I think I'll be using that much more.
Squats 3 sets of 3 @ 220kg.
1 set of 3 @ 210kg
Pause squats 3 sets of 3 with 3 second pause @ 180kg.
Speed Squats - 5 sets of 3@ 140kg.
Front Squats - 3 sets of 5@100kg.
Leg Press - 4 sets of 5.
Hack Squat - 4 sets of 5.
Good Mornings - 4 sets of 5@120kg.
Stiff Legged Deads - 3 sets of 3@200kg.
Standing leg curl - 3 sets of 5.
» A scousers way to robbing some big lifts. (Go to post)07-01-2014 @ 00:45 
First training session of the year, and a few weeks. Decided I may aswell start a journal of training that I do. Hopefully all this training will lead me to my aim of winning the British Classic in October at u/23 @120kg.
Today's sessions
Deadlifts 2 sets of 3 @ 250kg.
1 set of 2 @ 260.
Both easy, great starting point on a return to lifting again.
Speed Pulls 6 sets of 3 @ 200kg.
Sumo Deads 3 sets of 3 @ 180kg (first time, thought I'd try them)

Bent over rows 3 sets of 5 @ 140kg.
T bar rows 3 sets of 5.
High Cable Rows 3 sets of 5.
Low Cable Rows 3 sets of 5.
High Wide Grip rows 3 sets of 5.
Close Grip pull downs 3 sets of 4.
Wide Grip pull downs 3 sets of 4.
Pullovers 3 sets of 5.

Squats - 4 sets of 3 @ 210kg.
» world's strongest man (Go to post)05-01-2014 @ 02:01 
It is extremely hard to say that being 180kg is unnatural and unhealthy. Just because it is unattainable by many people doesn't make it any more or any less healthy than 90kg? Weight is a very personal thing, and not in the sense of a bird and not asking her much she weighs like. So many variables all to do with genetics play up to what you end up weighing. So frame, after all the people who have these massive bodyweights need to have a frame to hold the weight? And tbh although they are massive men, it doesn't make them any bigger than the men at lighter weights. Yeah by default they are bigger, but they have filled their frames out much as the lighter men? You got to take that into account. Example being like Thor, yeah he's massive, but he's like 6'9? So he at 180kg is the same as someone at 5'9/10 being 90kg? They are filling their frames like everyone else. Also density comes into it, density of muscle, fat, bone and ligaments all add up to your weight. Doing strength sports as we all know adds different muscle fibres and a lot more bone weight to your overall weight. So there's way to many factors to add to it. Even style and type of training add to it!
But it's stupid to say if they never went and lifted weights or trained and went on the fear they wouldn't be big. Well neither would anyone, but the big people will always be the big people no matter what? Genetics entails that!
» world's strongest man (Go to post)30-12-2013 @ 17:19 
How did Brian Shaw qualify for this worlds strongest man?
» Winter volume!! (Go to post)20-12-2013 @ 22:51 
Great volume you are doing there! How is the lat pulldown near enough most workouts going for you like? Seeing much benefit yet? Sounds like a good little addition to the end of every session.
» 2014 Goals (Go to post)20-12-2013 @ 22:20 
I said:Win the GBPF classic in my weight class ( 120kg @ junior ).
Squat 300kg+
Bench 200+
Also try to stop hating the bench press and enjoy it more hahah.
Deadlift 300+. Ideally break the 320kg mark.
Overhead Press 140kg.
Sprint much more as well, because I havent in ages.

Maybe start lifting with a belt even though I hate the f**king things.

Also work hard in my second year of strength training and really go for it, trying to stick to the plan as much as possible.
» 2014 Goals (Go to post)20-12-2013 @ 22:17 
Win the GBPF classic in my weight class ( 120kg @ junior ).
Squat 300kg+
Bench 200+
Also try to stop hating the bench press and enjoy it more hahah.
Deadlift 300+. Ideally break the 320kg mark.
Overhead Press 140kg.
Sprint much more as well, because I havent in ages.

Maybe start lifting with a belt even though I hate the f**king things.
» Easy protein / fat meals (Go to post)18-12-2013 @ 21:48 
Go to costco, get the pork shoulder steaks, there is about 8 in a pack, roughly a tenner for it like. Cook them in tinfoil with cheese on top. High Fat, High Protein, gorgeous and does not taste dry like a lot of pork cuts, extremely juicy. Plus cause its costco, the pork cuts are very thick and big like so value for money.
» Behind the neck press (Go to post)06-12-2013 @ 19:49 
unit94 said:I do snatch grip btn press, that's to improve my overhead stability though, used to do seated behind the neck on smith machine but you can't beat standing military.

I will be doing standing military, and probably do behind the neck as an addition to that. I was just seeing if anybody had good experience with the movement, a lot can get lost in translation over articles on the internet and facts and figures are all well and good, but experience can help decide a lot of the times much better.
» Behind the neck press (Go to post)06-12-2013 @ 19:46 
herman said:In bill starr's book he generally recommends training three times a week, heavy, light, medium.

For pressing you can either alter intensity for one lift (ie bench press) or use the nature of the lift to determine load. A suggestion is;

Bench on Monday.

Behind neck press on Wednesday.

Normal front press on Friday.

Does sound like a good way to do the pressing, but I do not want to change my plan too much, but rather add to it.
» Behind the neck press (Go to post)06-12-2013 @ 19:07 
Anybody on this website use the behind the neck press in their training, and how well does it work? I have seen that Ted Arcidi loved this exercise and it helped him with his bench press a lot like. Any advice for the implementation of this to your training routine?
You are here: HomeForumJordMcl → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions