REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 153 guests
You are here: HomeForumtigerrossCGBC → View All Posts

View All Posts: tigerrossCGBC

» Britains Natural Strongest Man 2014 - Northern Qualifier. (Go to post)07-07-2014 @ 23:47 
plewsy said:Top 5 in u90's

1st - Me (Shaun Plews)

2nd - Thomas Prince

3rd - Dave Baxter

4th - Shaun Smithson

5th - Simon Davies

Any reps/times info?
» Scotlands Strongest Junior 2014 (Go to post)26-06-2014 @ 23:53 
Stuart_Murray said:This event will again run along within the Collin Gala Day on 12th July,
(same venue as last year)

EVENTS -

1) 105kg log for reps, head to head
2) Car Deadlift for reps, using side handles
3) Loading, 4 objects, 105kg & 115kg kegs & two 100kg sacks, head to head
4) 290kg Yoke, 20m, head to head
5) Arm over arm pull, 20m
6) Stones.

Anyone who is wishing to do this could please let me know, my number is 07809644691 or message me on facebook.

Could all competitors be at the venue for 10:30 and comp starting at 12.

The top 2 will qualify for Uk's Juniors in Belfast

What makes you a junior? Age?
» Boys toys & gadgets 90kg strongest man (Go to post)23-06-2014 @ 12:56 
I'm keen for it, sent you an email the other day, looking forward to it Happy need to see if the pregnant wife (the boss) is willing to travel from sunny Glasgow haha
» High Frequency Deadlift (Go to post)19-06-2014 @ 23:06 
I'm going to attempt a higher frequency deadlift program designed with the help of various sources and the owner of the gym I train at.
I will be deadlifting 2 sessions per week with a rest day in between which will include a lot of foam rolling and stretching.
Essentially it will be as follows:

Max tripple day, speed pull day, front squat day

Anyone experienced anything similar?
» squat suit tailoring help (Go to post)13-06-2014 @ 20:06 
Just bought a second hand titan squat suit, it's basically new and it's totally unaltered, it's got a little sag in the gut area and the straps are a bit long for me, any thoughts on how to go about altering it?
1) need to bring the gut in, how do I measure this?
2) need to shorten the straps

Am I as well just going to a tailor? Or should I D.I.Y?

Thanks
» whats the difference between (Go to post)02-05-2014 @ 10:42 
If it's not too late, the Dowins are an awesome shoe, I use them and love them, solid construction good price , they are a little wide so as far as sizing go a full size down from whatever you walk about in
» Strongman Kit for Sale (Go to post)30-04-2014 @ 22:51 
ray_christie said:

Any other logs left?
» Single Ply Squat Carryover (Go to post)30-04-2014 @ 17:10 
Funky_monkey said:
But surely the reason WHY you're able to lift more equipped is because the suit/wraps is/are providing assistance. If anything, it'll simply overload the CNS and make you more comfortable in walking out/squatting heavier weights. Then again, it could be a mental hindrance in making you think you need the equip.

See above about the mental aspect due to s**tty hip and knee lol
» Single Ply Squat Carryover (Go to post)30-04-2014 @ 17:08 
walker said:How do you train? A year is a long time if you've been training hard and not dieting etc. You really shouldn't be stuck at 160 @ 90kg if you are training well and smart.

I honestly don't think a suit is the answer to break through a raw plateau..

Train 3/4 days a week changing programs between 5/3/1 and other stiff like the Cube method periodically, I had my right hip partially dislocated about 1.5 year ago and partially tore my ACL and MCL ligaments as well as partially f**king my LCL that's why my squat sucks haha well that's my excuse anyhoo, I reckon a lot of this plateau is mental and wanted to ise the suit for that as well
» Single Ply Squat Carryover (Go to post)30-04-2014 @ 17:04 
Ramsay777 said:You competed in the Scotland's u90kg recently didn't you? Good effort man, that was a helluva heavy comp!

Yea buddy I did Happy was a good experience but I should have done better, make everyone know I deserve to be there next year like Wink
» Single Ply Squat Carryover (Go to post)27-04-2014 @ 21:49 
IainKendrick said:
You would get better transfer effect from raw squating Wink

Just kind of at a loss for progressing my squat, have been stuck at 160 for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaages, longest plateau thus far, honestly like a year
» Single Ply Squat Carryover (Go to post)27-04-2014 @ 21:32 
Funky_monkey said:If you're getting carryover from the suit, then please explain how you will be over reaching?

Initially overreaching by lifting heavier loads EQ then building up to that raw, more stress on the muscle in EQ so should carryover to more strength raw
» Single Ply Squat Carryover (Go to post)27-04-2014 @ 20:47 
milsy said:
Unless your planning on competing in kit I wouldn't bother buying any
If you are wanting to overload the lifts I would invest in bands

Bands is a good shout, ta chief Happy see above in regards to lifting in equipment
» Single Ply Squat Carryover (Go to post)27-04-2014 @ 20:46 
Gotty said:There is no straight forward answer, putting on a suit wont magically put 40 kgs on your squat, you simply wont be strong enough to handle the extra weight or be mentally prepared for the extra stress/discomfort.
My advice would be to buy a lower end suit eg a regular centurian, perhaps a little big, something that will only give you 10kgs or so. Use it a lot and when you have confidence in it, buy yourself a second hand sewing machine for about £25 and experiment with taking the thigh, hips and straps in a few mm at a time, until you reach an optimum level where you can balance added gains to added discomfort. After perhaps 6 to 9 months you may be getting 20kgs. Progress onto a more advanced suit after a year or two and with a reasonably tight wrap you may get 40kgs or so.
Take it slow be patient and it will happen, too many people jump in at the deep end go for a super centurian comp fit, and it is too much for them to handle, become disheartened and give up.

Thanks buddy Happy I compete in strongman as well so I can lift equipped in some events, it's something I should probably learn to use, same kind of thing to me as wraps/sleeves/ belt
» Single Ply Squat Carryover (Go to post)27-04-2014 @ 20:10 
JackRevans said:
Depends how much you play your cards right

Maybe looking for 5-10 kg in suit then work backwards from that for my raw, kinda like a ven diagram of lifting

You are here: HomeForumtigerrossCGBC → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions