REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 146 guests
You are here: HomeForumliamwolstenholm → View All Posts

View All Posts: liamwolstenholm

» Two Goal Training Diary (Go to post)26-06-2014 @ 16:49 
Update:

Onto my second run of Smolov Jr for Bench. I feel like 130 is approaching, and a territory I'm finally happy(ish) with.

SLDL(beltless): 218kg x 5 reps PB

I've had to take a week off squatting, I've been experience some discomfort with my left knee. I'm booked in for an appointment with an all-round Sports injury guru tomorrow, hopefully it's nothing too serious and I can keep grinding away.
» squat body weight (Go to post)25-06-2014 @ 15:37 
I did this at the Sci Mx 'squat challenge' booth at Bodypower last month. Needless to say I didn't enjoy the rest of the day. If memory serves me right I did 50 @ 86kg, I was suffering such severe squat brain, that I took a shot of preworkout POST challenge Cool
» Deadlit Blocks (Go to post)18-06-2014 @ 17:17 
VinnyJones said:Some guy on youtube went to B&Q and got them to cut some 2x4 into smaller chunks. He then put them together with duct tape and can vary the height with extra layers. Cheap and easy.

I'm making my own at the end of the month and might put a how to guide together for it.

Fantastic! That's it. I'll pay them a visit tomorrow.
A how to guide would be excellent, I'm sure I'm not the only one lacking some common sense Grin
Cheers mate
» Two Goal Training Diary (Go to post)18-06-2014 @ 17:14 
Likewise Appetite. There seems to be a pattern occurring with the elite lifters.
Take Owen and Brad for instance, they've both trained in gear and competed equipped for some time, and then made the switch. Do you think having a foundation as an equipped lifter has been the primary reason for their excellence? I mean, handling 300+ on the squat and 200+ on the bench as equipped lifters has surely strengthened their central nervous system? Or am I way off lol.

To be honest, I felt like I was well on course for something over 285, by October, therefore in contention for the unofficial wr. Now he's extended it to 300+ that goal has had to be scrapped. We just have to keep plugging away I guess. Your progress on stiff legs has been awesome by the way and the adoption of the low bar (which I think is creeping up to your high bar?) has been great to see. Always inspiring.

18/06/2014

LB Squat (beltless) - 108kg x 3 reps x multiple sets (speed work, extremely snappy)

Front Squat (beltless) - 127.5kg x 3 reps x 5 sets (very pleased, I've really enjoyed this micro cycle, I'm now looking forward to seeing where the top end lies.)

SLDL (beltless) - 220kg x 3reps x 2 sets (snappy, and the lockout was a breeze).

Notes: I refuse to weigh myself Roll-Eyes however by looking in the mirror I'm definitely the heaviest I've been for some time.
Around 17 weeks until the Brits, so still some time to go, and a lot more work to be done.
» Deadlit Blocks (Go to post)18-06-2014 @ 16:57 
Many thanks guys! some great responses! Happy
Now, the telephone books in duct tape has my attention.

I would use plates, as that seems the most convenient option, however where I train plates are few and far between...
» Deadlit Blocks (Go to post)18-06-2014 @ 13:21 
Hi all,

anyone able to point me in the direction of somewhere I can purchase deadlift blocks?
» Two Goal Training Diary (Go to post)10-06-2014 @ 14:51 
josh_ains said:
1 feel session multiple heights in same session not logged but heavyish about 90% of what I believe I could have got for each height 12"/14"/18", then 3 sessions from a believed to be comp height of about 14" aiming at conservative 3 rep maxes minimum if easier than expected go for 1 or 2 rep more but leave the grinders out
just gone back to floor and hitting 1 top end single each session got 5kg pb each session just completed 3rd today in 1 week , plan to hit 280/285 during next week , volume kept ultra low to allow the increased frequency
the feel session was just to learn and lock the technique and with the partial hit some overload in preparation as I like to do on almost everything to change the strength curve & helps psychology preparation as well

Covered everything I needed to know, as usual! Many thanks Josh. Do you stand on plates or are you able to lift the weights off of mats, that are the heights?
» Two Goal Training Diary (Go to post)09-06-2014 @ 14:54 
cheers Appetite.
We have a work cut out with that Brett Gibbs don't we! Jeez Eek
» Have I wasted a year? (Go to post)09-06-2014 @ 00:36 
Progress is progress.
A question like this is completely subjective. What are your goals?
» Two Goal Training Diary (Go to post)09-06-2014 @ 00:35 
Bodyweights just shy of 86kg (heaviest I've been or a while, I decided to just eat when I feel like It and see where that takes me to be honest).

I've gone with the SLDL from height work after looking at your videos and some of the recent work Tom Martin adopted. How long did you run your SLDL from height for?
» IPF World Classic (Go to post)09-06-2014 @ 00:30 
I think Sergey has an admirer, in the commentator Tongue
Awesome powerlifter!
» Two Goal Training Diary (Go to post)09-06-2014 @ 00:22 
Post Edited: 09.06.2014 @ 00:23 AM by liamwolstenholm
Just a quick update:

Beltless work is progressing nicely:
There has been a recent 228kg x 3reps beltless SLDL PB. A Beltless 188kg squat PB. 237.5kg beltless X 3reps deadlit pb. Bench is now hovering around 120kg. Front Squats have been improving well. 120kg x 5 beltless (150 should be there and once the belts on I'm hoping to reach 160+).

I'm going to implement 16" SLDL's from 27th June.
Whip on a belt July-ish and see where everything stands.

Grin
» ksohhjjkk (Go to post)23-05-2014 @ 13:26 
Sorry to hear about your on-going injury mate.
No mighty deadlifting at all for the foreseeable?
» Two Goal Training Diary (Go to post)23-05-2014 @ 13:24 
Kind words as usual, cheers.
Thanks for that mate! I've just sent him an email.
» Ilya being awesome. As usual. (Go to post)23-05-2014 @ 02:20 
We are in quite a priveledged position, in that we are seeing regular footage of some of the best in the game, in their build up to the World championships, and soon Olympics. A great insight. It goes to show the commitment and amount of work required to compete and excel at the highest level.

You are here: HomeForumliamwolstenholm → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions